TEXAS VS USC game thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by WorsterMan, Sep 15, 2018.

1. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Sam is a big dude.

2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Tom feeling good and he goes home with that pretty wife.

• Like Like x 1
  3. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Glad tcu is coming here

• Like Like x 1
  4. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Good win Horns. I think next week will be more revealing on this teams progress though. Not sure how good SC is this year.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

We can't forget Dicker's performance. He bridged the slow start and when the train started rolling.

• Like Like x 4
  6. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

GREAT win that will give this team much needed confidence going into a very tough stretch of games.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

This was a fun game to watch

8. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

If we're in a close game I sure have a lot more confidence in the kicker. We need to find a punter though. Punting is going to cost us a game if it's not fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Already did (maybe)

10. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

USC finished with -5 yards rushing. Pretty good considering they ran pretty good in the first quarter.

• Like Like x 3
  11. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Very nice W - a good first step on the road to becoming dominant again. But we do need to tap the brakes a bit. First, this was not the USC of old. Second, there are some very tough games coming up. Third, and very important, recovery is a process - it will take time. A good winning record with a bowl game (and W) this year will go a long way toward setting the stage for next year.
    But nonetheless a very satisfying W over USC.

• Like Like x 2
  12. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

A lot of sacks tonight!!!

13. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 1
  14. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 1
  15. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 1
  16. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

The entire football needs to outside/ beyond the goal line in the field of play . Otherwise it's a safety.

17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Solid win. And we got some calls from the refs we don’t normally get. The O was clicking, D was strong and laid some licks, special teams did pretty well.

I’m not ready to predict we’ll be an 8,9, or 10 win team. We need to see more games with this level of play by everybody. Celebrate the win. Next week is a new game.

18. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

No disrespect to sam he played a good game but man if we played Shane against these guys that are basically daring us to throw the ball down field we would be lighting these guys up, but we won so let’s enjoy it.

19. GeoSteppen

GeoSteppen 25+ Posts

He kept his job. Made fewer mistakes and better throws than I was expecting. Took some tough hits too. I figured this game was make or break for him. Looks like a make to me.

• Like Like x 2
  20. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

That seems couter-intuitive. The line of scrimmage can never be on the 6" line?

21. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Like Like x 3
  22. ProdigalHorn

Yes, they were daring us to throw BECAUSE Sam was playing QB and they were concerned about the run game. That's sort of the point. If Shane is playing, they have a different defensive plan.

• Like Like x 5
  23. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Universal
    Shank
    Convention

But if we can get that from EVERY team that watches game film of our punt team, then keep it up...

24. ProdigalHorn

This reads exactly like a Hornfans game thread except more misspellings.

25. LonghornCatholic

I hope Herman and Sam don't get too cocky over this win.

A lot of work still left to do.

• Like Like x 5
  26. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

He played well last week also he made some questionable throws last night but Collin was able to adjust and mask that but it progresses and that o line is holding up in pass blocking

27. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Our run game still isn’t good though, it’s better than last year no question

28. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Ironically, you were right.

• Like Like x 2
  29. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Immobile qb helped defense look spectacular. Next week will be true test.....

• Like Like x 1
  30. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

This is an awesome thread to go back and read start to finish. Ppl ready to bridge jump in 1st qtr to "we're back" by end of game. Perfectly captures my emotions.

• Like Like x 3