Texas vs West Va.

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by flash34, Feb 18, 2022.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Consistency has been this team's biggest issue. We looked "crisp" in our prior 2 games offensively against ISU and OU. But, we did not look "crisp" in the games before that against Tech, twice against Baylor, and at OU. So, that's only 2 out of 6 games prior to today; now 2 out of the last 7 where our offense was fluid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  2. liatris

liatris 25+ Posts

3. liatris

liatris 25+ Posts

Thx. Turned the game off too soon

• Like Like x 1
  4. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Yeah, as far as I recall Ebo has not ever been a player that tried to intentionally hurt an opposing player. Given that she is big and physical though I am surprised incidents like this do not happen more often. It appeared her family was at the game. Showed her visiting with them in the stands afterward. Also Matharu visiting with her family after the game. They are both from the DC area so this was a close by game for their families to see them play in person.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I still remember how low I felt when we lost by 30+ points at WVU last season. So, despite lots of different players on both squads, I'll gladly take the win in an arena where we may have only won once since WVU joined the Big 12. This could be the first season where we've swept WVU during the regular season; so, definitely a day to feel good about taking care of business on the road.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 5
  7. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

We swept the regular season series 3 times (2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18). We've won in Morgantown 5 times (including today) since they joined the Big 12. We won the away game in 2018/19 while they won in Austin.

• Like Like x 5
  8. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Post game press conference

• Like Like x 4
  9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

These players just ran up and down the floor for 4 quarters…no folding tables in Morgantown? I assume any available couches are still smoking.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

That presser… I have fallen in love with Gaston and didn’t know I could love Harmon even more than I already did.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I like that Vic pointed out the press is probably working even though it may not always look like it until it starts wearing down the opponent’s 5 later in the game. No doubt part of his philosophy of putting his team in a position to win any game with a 4 point differential and four minutes to play.

• Like Like x 4
  12. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

This was an enjoyable game to listen to as well as watch. I often just turn the sound off since it seems the announcers, especially at away games, are focused on promoting one team and give no credit to the other or more interested in talking about themselves and their careers. I thought the two calling this game were fair and the color commentator was very well prepared with knowledge of individual players on both teams. Not typical of ESPN announcers.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  13. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Agreed. In the past when the game in Morgantown has been broadcast on the WVU sports network on their website, the announcers have been very professional and unbiased... complimentary of our team and our program.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

You are absolutely correct. Wish I could remember that 6-7 winning game streak we had against them under Aston. Seems like the last 3-4 years they've had some very explosive guards who we just couldn't defend very well in losses.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Postgame interview with Rori.

• Like Like x 4