Texas vs West Virginia

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Malcom, Mar 5, 2017.

1. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Someone needs to be instilling the belief in them that big games in March are far more preferable to 'Big Monday' games.

• Like Like x 1
  2. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Actually Baylor is loaded next year. And they're recruiting class is as good as ours. They lose Nina Davis and Alexis Jones, but she's been out and theyve still been winning. Kalani Brown is a force. WVU figured it out - they double and triple teamed her. Then shot threes over her.

3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Baylor will for sure be a #1 seed. I was stating that they may fall to the lowest (#4 overall) of the #1 seeds.

4. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Creme now has Baylor as the one seed in Stockton instead of OK City. And, TX the 3 seed in OK City.

• Like Like x 6
  5. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

This would be a blessing

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

We blew our 2 seed (maybe even a 1) with our late season fold. Whatever the cause, over the last two weeks our traditional nemesis reasserted itself---not enough scoring punch. We're a lot better this year. Our half court offense could be improved, but it still looked pretty good when Joyner, Atkins and Brooke were hitting their shots. When they faltered, we stagnated. Still, our losses were so close, it wouldn't have taken much. I think we would have won at least two of the end-of-season losses if Sutton or Audrey Anne, or anyone, could shoot more effectively. I'm certainly NOT blaming them for the losses, just pointing out that this season they didn't become the offensive threat we hoped for, and Texas needs another scorer to get to the peak.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

Baylor will have alot of talent, but they do LOSE ALOT and I just don't see anyone replacing Alexis Jones, Alexis Prince and Nina Davis. You did fail to mention that they also lose Alexis Prince as well. I would also disagree with you about their recruiting class being as good as ours. We only have two players, but both Boothe and Patterson can flat out shoot and fill it up. Boothe is ranked #3 and Patterson #4 by ESPN I believe, and Boothe is ranked #2 by Blue Star. AND Jatarie White will be eligibile next year so that is yet another top ten rated player out of high school. Next year is the year we overtake Baylor.....

• Like Like x 5
  8. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Who does Baylor have signed for next year?

9. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

Baylor has #16 Didi Richards, #18 Alexis Morris and #64 Cara Ursin. You never know how kids will turn out, but on paper that does not equate to as good a class as ours!!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Our two incoming are 3&4 overall but each were #1 for their position - G and F. White who is eligible next year was also top 10 and #1 in her position - P.

But that doesn't matter because this team is going to play lights out in the big dance and surprise us all. The UConn streak goes down.

• Like Like x 4
  11. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

UConn ain't losing...I thought Baylor was good enough to do it, but NOPE...They couldn't even beat WVU. Texas is going down in round 2. We have too many scoring slumps during games to advance very far.

12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

WVU's guard who lit everyone up this weekend was ranked #100, I believe.

• Like Like x 3
  13. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I agree with Bobcat. Baylor loses leadership and talent with the graduation of Jones, Prince and Davis. Kalani Brown and Kristy Wallace are very talented players but I'll take our freshman class of Sutton, Underwood and Holmes over Cox and Chou. I'm expecting a lot from our team and coaches in 2017-18. They need to get comfortable with lofty expectations and no longer being considered the underdog. It's a mind set to embrace and to understand that beating Texas is starting to mean something again in WBB.

• Like Like x 7
  14. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

:rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 2
  15. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

It certainly looks good on paper, but you never know how things are going to turn out. It seems like transfers are always overhyped, in both men's and women's sports. There are exceptions, but if they were really that good why would they be transferring? The only transfer female athlete in UT history I can think of that has lived up to the expectations is Micaya White, so at least Jatarie has the name going for her.

Baylor isn't going away soon either. Look at KSU's recruiting classes and what they are doing, along with OU. Talent matters, but so does coaching and Milkey will not stop being a good coach. Of course she won't stop being scum either.

• Like Like x 1
  16. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Jamie Carey wasn't half bad.

• Like Like x 9
  17. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I actually forgot about her. Duh! But you also have to consider she would have never been a transfer had Stanford allowed her to play again.

18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Micaya White from our current volleyball squad? She is not a transfer. She signed with Texas out of high school, but due to injury during summer practices, she had to redshirt her 2015 freshman season.

Transfers I can think of who worked out very well for Texas include softball pitcher Christa Williams (UCLA) who led Texas to the college world series. And, high jumper / volleyball player Erin Arldrich (Arizona) who was very successful at Texas in both sports. Recently, sprinters Morolake Akinsoun and Ashley (last name?) from Illinois did quite well at Texas the last couple of years.

19. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Man my mind is on another planet this morning. Meant Ebony N from USC.

20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Ebony and Paulina were very good incoming transfers for Texas volleyball. Tiffany Baker had health issues which she couldn't get past. Dariam Acevedo and Jen Todd were solid contributors upon transferring in to the volleyball program during Coach Elliott's early years.

21. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

We all hope so and we'll believe it once it happens.

22. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Man all this Texas Volleyball talk makes me wanna go stir up that Texas Volleyball page..lol

23. Dr. D

Dr. D 250+ Posts

I think Alexis Jones has another season of eligibility left, doesn't she? She red shirted a season at Baylor after transferring from Duke.

24. txex1986

txex1986 < 25 Posts

25. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

She played two seasons at Duke, and now two at Baylor.

• Like Like x 1
  26. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

As long as the hag is at Baylor they will be top dog going into every season.

27. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I'm going to agree with what Bobcat said previously, I think next year we unseat BU. We had it right in the palm of our hands to do it this year and let them get away from us in Austin. Our team no longer feels inferior to them, and the Baylor bunch knows it.

• Like Like x 4