Texas vs West Virginia

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Statalyzer, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

We're up 47-22 just after the break against a top-10 undefeated team. This is what we need to see out of this squad if we're going to beat UConn in two weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Final score 79-58, rebounding edge 63-30 in Texas' favor, even though we didn't have a single individual in double digits. :eek:

• Like Like x 4
  3. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

I seen some good thing's out of Texas.
    Keep Working.

4. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Well done. Well done indeed. Just one teeny, tiny, itty, bitty little complaint - Booth hits two threes and gets pulled???? That Aston revolving door just kills me.
    :yippee::bounce2::coolnana: :bounce1::bounce2:

• Like Like x 2
  5. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

And little bit McCarty was just one rebound shy of a double double.

And look at sweet Sug go! 11 points and 4 rebounds.

:hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  6. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I wonder if anyone asked her why pull someone with a hot hand....

7. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

Her sub was already set to check in before the second three. Booth looked ready to come out.

• Like Like x 4
  8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

10-4

9. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Dan Hughes was a little more tolerable as an announcer this game but still spent too much time talking about individual players instead of the flow and play of the game. Is Littleton hurt? I noticed she was in warmups sitting at the end of the bench.

10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Post game press conference...

• Like Like x 2
  11. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

A nit. Does it seem that Shug can't really defend someone one-on-one when that opponent is driving to the basket? Multiple games this year, I've seen her just follow along as a player drives to the basket and scores. No attempts to block or draw a charge.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  12. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

Anyone know where Babhorn has been? I've noticed he hasn't posted in a while or written the pregame write-ups.

• Like Like x 3
  13. LutherIsMyDog

Karen mentioned in the post game press conference that Destiny is banged up.

14. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Was watching the post game press conference and at the very end she talked about Joyner and how last year, she didn't have to take that many reps at practice because of the minutes she played in games [last year] and that this year, she'll realize that she has to take more practice reps.

Whoa. What we've been thinking that coach throws out there: "You're on the B team and you have to prove yourself to us this year"

15. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

It was a great game on the whole. Of course, WVU is really banged up and, IMO, should not have been ranked in the top 10. It was great fun to see Brooke go tonight, doing all those drives to the basket. I have the same teeny, tiny, itty, bitty issue that WCBBNUT does. I used to have the same complaint with Jody. Often, when someone is having a great run, out they come. One night this year, don't remember which, Lashann was playing wonderfully, and out she came, I guess replaced by Sug. Sometimes it seems like the reward for doing good is to get to come out. I realize the coach sees things I don't, probably like spent energy. We're so deep, which is great, but presents the slightly odd situation of nobody but Brooke and maybe Ariel getting to play anything like a whole game. Different from most teams, where the starters are often in nearly 40 minutes. I'm surprised those players don't get more worn down than they often seem to. Hopefully the fresh legs so often are giving us an extra boost over others.

• Like Like x 1
  16. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Who else would you rather have playing the whole game other than Brooke, and Ariel?

17. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Really, really like Jatarie White. Just wanted to put that out there.

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  18. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 4
  19. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Rellah Boothe exited the game in the 4th Quarter after hitting her 2nd 3 pointer.
    Who was the person from W.Virginia bench, that shook her hand.

20. LutherIsMyDog

Dino--I believe Rellah shook the hand of another Longhorn who was waiting to enter the court.

21. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Oh ok LutherIsMyDog

22. cactus47

cactus47 25+ Posts

I noticed Rellah going over to the middle of the scorer's table every time she left the game - to acknowledge her replacement.

• Like Like x 2
  23. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

I'm more interested in beating UCONN in April.

:bevo::deadhorse::hammertime::hammertime::hammertime::hammertime::hammertime:

• Like Like x 2