Texas vs WVU - 2/06 @ 7:00 pm on LHN

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by racerx5908, Feb 5, 2021.

1. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

WVU is currently #2 in the Big 12 at 8-2 in conference, behind Baylor at 8-1. Their overall record is 14-2 with losses to Baylor and OSU.

They are down to 10 players with 1 player who transferred before the beginning of the season and 3 that are currently in the portal. Two of those players in the portal: Ariel Cummings and Rochelle Norris played garbage minutes in the whopping they put on Texas last month

• Like Like x 2
  2. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Revenge is a dish best served with Warren and Ebo available to play while Charli doesn’t foul out.

• Like Like x 5
  3. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

WVU has been playing really well. It's going to take a full forty minutes of a great team effort to pay them back dor that dog-walking they gave us in Morgantown.
    :hookem2:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

A win puts us tied with WV and OKState with three losses a piece. We’ve all played a diff amount of games so it’s not exactly apples to apples. Need these next two wins and then it’s time to take down BU.

How’s that for getting ahead of myself? :smokin:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BBV_Horn

BBV_Horn 1,000+ Posts

We NEED this game, like REALLY BAD!! If we could just play like we did at Iowa State or Tech here...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

I like the way this team plays at home and we essentially have our entire team available.
    We will have a few fans in the stands - including myself.
    So - I like our chances in this one and think Vic will have them ready.

• Like Like x 6
  7. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Texas plays better at home but WVU is just the better team IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Here you go again:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

:rolleyes1:

WV plays better at home, but Texas is the better team IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  10. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

WVU is ranked. Texas isn’t. WVU beat us by 34 points last time. So yes they’re likely viewed as a better team. However back to supporting the Horns - I like our chances and believe we can win this one.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jacob Johnson

I mean the 34 point loss does not mean they are better. Collier was in foul trouble the entire game and got 21 total minites in that game. Texas also did not have Warren or Ebo so those three are pretty big pieces that Texas did not have that will be ready tonight. Collier especially has been playing well so I think her momentum will continue into this game. I know for a fact it won't be a 34 point blowout loss especially now they have some fans to cheer them on

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

I think that loss is
    motivation. In this moment based on the last game and they’re ranking - sure they’re better. If I was betting my money would be on the Horns tonight.

13. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

See, the difference between me and some on this board like you is the sunshine pumping that just doesn't make any sense. For someone to say that a team beating another team by 34 doesn't mean that they're better is laughable. Guard play has to play well against WVU's defense and Charli has to actually have a great game scoring against some players her size.

14. Jacob Johnson

So you're telling me Texas playing without 2 key players and our best player most of the game doesn't make a difference?? If West Virginia were to have gondrezick and Martinez out do you think they would win any games??? ABSOLUTELY NOT! It's not "sunshine pumping" it's being realistic. Especially for us since our depth is freshman. Any team in the country would struggle against a good team when you had the circumstances Texas had in that last game.

15. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Guard play and Charli actually playing well against players her size and Texas wins. For me to say that I think a team that beat Texas by 34 is going to win is called being a realist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jacob Johnson

Why did Vic leave Audrey in for her to pick up her 4th foul. That was not a good move on his part as she now has to stay out until the 4th quarter.

17. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

I agree with you, Kurt. At the rate we are going, it is going to be another 30 point loss. We look so disjointed, flustered, tentative...and the only thing we are doing well is fouling. So much for Vic having them prepared!

18. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

ok, gals....getting warmed up!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

I want two more 28 point quarters!:yippee::yippee::yippee: and a few more offensive rebounds, please!

• Like Like x 1
  20. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Let’s go Horns!

21. Jacob Johnson

That missed layup:facepalm: the lineup of
    Lambert
    Allen-Taylor
    Taylor
    Ebo
    Collier
    That lineup should be the starting lineup and we have got to use Ebo more!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Wow, the rest of the schedule is brutal. After tonight's performance, I predict one more win and a 12 or 13 seed. Then it will be on to next season with new blood/talent.

23. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

You are just a perpetually negative person who always predicts gloom and doom. You seem to find joy in our losses and are never satisfied when the Horns win. You predict defeat before the game is even played.
    Anonymous fan boards like this are perfect for people like you.
    Naysayers of negativity.
    I just hope you aren’t out there trying to cut down the net when the Horns win a championship.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

We put up a solid fight. We were just overmatched by a more experienced, well-coached team. Try to regroup and bounce back against OSU.
    :hookem2:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  25. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

For the most part, we played great. Everyone gave a good effort. Ebo has become a crucial part of the team. Charli was super, though I don't think she touched the ball in the fourth quarter. Allen-Taylor kept us somewhat in the game in the first quarter and played aggressively throughout. Lambert showed some nice aggression when needed. We might beat them on a night when they aren't shooting 70%. Of course, when over half your points are layups, I guess it's not that hard to shoot a high percentage. Something is wrong with with our defense. They should not be able to drive on us with such ease over and over and over. Our press didn't get many turnovers, if any. Better to get back down, set up, and get ready for the assault. As in Morgantown, I would think you go to a zone when your getting killed inside like that, but we have no zone in our repertoire. Compared to our games in Morgantown and Stillwater anyway, we did well.

• Like Like x 1
  26. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I give my opinion. And the team just lost, so did you see me on here jumping for joy right after?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  27. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

And your opinion is almost always negative. But - hey - you be you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

We weren't connected well at all defensively... not getting the help side rotation at the rim that we need.

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Thank you. And you won't see me crying and whining about what you post, be you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. Ball2Ball

Ball2Ball < 25 Posts

This day 4 years ago we beat Baylor. Sure hoping Vic can pull one out of his hat next Sunday. Would be a nice Valentine’s gift.