Texas vs. WVU: Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Horns11, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

We is going bowling!

• Like Like x 3
  2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Where we get it is irrelevant. Game is over if we get it anywhere (other than maybe our own 1 where we might get a safety).

3. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'll say it - I'm happy with this. This is a big win no matter what the circumstances. Overcame some adversity, found the running game and played with some serious heart to put it away on the road.

NObody cried for us when we lost half our o-line. I'm not crying for Greer not playing.

• Like Like x 7
  4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

bowl eligible! good chance to finish out on a three game winning streak with a win at Tech.
    Awesome game by the D.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Sean

Sean 25+ Posts

Tech still scares me though. Lets make those stands full for the last home game of the year! Going in the right direction.. Hook Em

• Like Like x 2
  6. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

Are you more happy or relieved? The bad reffing just took the fun off the game. Just feel like ok, we got one.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. Desperado

Desperado 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  9. Sean

Sean 25+ Posts

Damn right! Screw em.

• Like Like x 2
  10. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Gosh the world feels right again when Horns win.

Bowl eligible now... bring on Tech :hookem: :hookem:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  11. Sean

Sean 25+ Posts

Who cares. A bowl game with 15 extra practices and going in the right direction. Charlie never did that.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Broken Spoke

Broken Spoke 100+ Posts

Charlie would have punted...

• Like Like x 1
  13. oilburner

oilburner 100+ Posts

Great win, Horns!
    Wow, an overall improved team

• Like Like x 2
  14. ProdigalHorn

It's a great game when Sam is able to make a play that stupid, and we still win the game. Sometimes you gotta learn by screwing something up, and he got away with it. That's a definite teachable moment.

• Like Like x 4
  15. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I'm just jumping in... Does Ehlinger remind anyone of Brett Farve? Young Farve was a turnover waiting to happen, but also a game changer. When Ehlinger learns to eliminate the stupid plays, he might just be unstoppable.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Sucks for Vahe, but here's what we can value heading into Thanksgiving week:

We're gonna get an extra month of practices. I know that seems dumb to "wish" for, but look at the progress that has happened over the years during that timeframe:

1. Ricky got his Heisman after the A&M game, and the OL took it upon themselves to make sure he had a "farewell" game against Jackie in the Cotton Bowl.

2. Applewhite got a ****-ton of practice in after riding the pine most of the season and his comeback in the 2001 blown CCG and then set a Texas record for yards in the bowl game against UW.

3. Guess who played scout team QB in the month leading up to the win over LSU in the Cotton Bowl? VY

4. In the month before the Rose Bowl win over Michigan, Derrick Johnson challenged the defense to workout competitions in addition to the practices. Not that the defense played great against the Wolverines, but it built camaraderie.

5. Colt/Quan rallied the guys after being left out of the national title game to get everyone pumped to play tOSU in the Fiesta Bowl. Quan seemed to have a good game if I recall.

I know these are just little "instances" but that month makes a difference. I hate having a season be over the day after Thanksgiving. We need that time to build a program.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  18. gahornphan

gahornphan 500+ Posts

It would be great if Connor and Malik come back next season.

• Like Like x 4
  19. ProdigalHorn

You said "game over" with the score 0-0. I don't really feel like you should be the emotional barometer for anyone.

• Like Like x 4
  20. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

And just think what could have been if Williams had been healthy against OU and OSU. Man, if he were to come back...

• Like Like x 1
  21. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

And Hill

22. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Great post!

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Good one

• Like Like x 2
  24. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Good point - most teams that get snubbed like that end up losing their bowl game (including us in 2003).

25. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Relieved the refs didn’t take it away but pleased st the Zhorns overall okay. Some evidence of an offense gives me a happy face :yippee:.
    Hookem

26. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

This game looked a lot like improvement we all wanted to see. Now let's build on it! If we win out next one against Tech it will be the first time in three years we win 3 games in a row. Great way to end the season and If we win our bowl to end the year at 8-5 I'll feel really good about next season.

• Like Like x 2
  27. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Brett was a gun slinger had the arm to risk it to get to the reward I don’t think sam has that type of throwing ability

28. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Correction...FOUR game streak...you forgot the bowl win :hookem::coolnana:

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Word is he has already decided

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2