Texas vs. WVU: Game Thread

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Horns11, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Connor Williams changes everything. Oh what could have been.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Is it sad that I got a little misty watching Anwar's video?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is our 2019 QB commit who had 10tds last night in the playoffs (not a typo)

• Like Like x 4
  4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

nope, did not. talking only about the regular season.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

how big was that touchback in the 1st and the effort on D to cause that turnover!

• Like Like x 7
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I guess you blanked out the Texas Bowl?
    Not that I blame you

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Vahe sprained his MCL

• Like Like x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  10. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

I know it won't make any difference, but can they appeal the targeting call on Hagar since it was a bs non facemask call that led to the hit and possibly get the half suspension back.

• Like Like x 4
  11. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

11 punts next week? Whats the single game record?

12. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Also what is his average when punting on his own side of the field? I hate that punts where you are strategically trying to kick a short punt get mixed into the equation.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sam Ehlinger said he was trying to throw it away on the pick six:

"Stupid mistake. Got to eat that.
    Can't make a play on every single one."

14. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I don't understand why everyone is so upset with Sam for throwing the int. Yes, it was a horrible decision, but not near as ignorant as the decision to throw on the goal line when it's 1st and goal from the 5 and wv's defense has been a sieve all day. Just like we finally did later, 1st and goal from the 6, 2 plays later TD.

When you know you have a freshman QB who is mistake prone why in the hell are you throwing the ball on 1st down from the 5? Once again, this one is on Beck. Ignorance like that cost us 2 games and certainly could have cost us this game. Fortunately, the big injury finally went to the other team. Not even the home cookin' and Tim Beck were enough for WV to pull it out.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

lol

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  16. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Realizing that WVU is a horrible run D, I still have to ask, where has the Kyle Porter been that we saw today?

• Like Like x 4
  17. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Those numbers were crazy his and the rb on the other team

18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Easy,

I went to that game. Johnson looked like he could have scored on first and second down, but purposely allowed himself to be tackled short to burn clock as Crosby had no timeouts. When he scored on third down, it let 25 seconds left. Kid is the real deal and more importantly is a leader and a class young man.

• Like Like x 3
  19. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

Yeah he is one of the better qb’s to come out of png since probably Dustin long

20. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

It was an aberration. He is our 4th best running back.

21. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

The biggest play in this game was the Will Grier injury. Our defense needed to get him out of the game to really take control. When he broke his finger that was it.

The defense allowed seven points, that's it. Damnn strong.

Ehlinger will have to be a lot smarter to lead this team to the promised land. He is an energetic leader, physical and a good runner. He has charisma.

However, True freshmen don't throw the int's he's thrown just because they're freshmen. I've never seen repeated major mistakes in the red zone like this.

Had Grier been in the game, this could have been a loss. Pick sixes are poison. Pick sixes given up when we're going in for a score are often lethal.

Thank goodness we really didn't need the passing game today. Williams made the difference on the line. Young is gonna be special. Carter is too.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Ok maybe merely passing itself was questionable, but the implied assertion that you should always call a run 100% of the time in that situation is pretty silly.

That's a bit confusing.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

24. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 1
  25. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 3
  26. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 3
  27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

He is likely the most talented QB to come out of PNG since Jackie Hathorne. Etheridge had a better understanding of the game, better coaching, but wasn't as talented. Etheridge does have a State Championship. Johnson still has another year.

28. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I think we should leave the Big 12 just to get away from these refs that screw us week in and week out.

• Like Like x 4
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Great defensive effort on the road against a top offense

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  30. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

No way in hell. Get rid of that worthless chicken **** son of a ***** Walt Anderson, who was hired by Donnie Duncan. If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know, stop reading. Replace Anderson with either Mike Defee or Cooper Castleberry, either of whom has better ability to build Big XII ONLY crews, and certainly do it without first insisting that they be people of benefit in the same field of business.

I told Deloss to give the job to Ken Faulkner when the Big XII was formed, but he had already allowed Duncan to take his position in Las Colinas. Deloss offered to set up a meeting, and I told him I wouldn't be in the same zip code with that scumbag, much less the same room. That's when Deloss asked why, and got an earful. I promised Deloss that Duncan would embarrass him and the conference, which he did.

• Like Like x 2