Texas Wbb vs OU Part 2

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by "Anna hook em", Feb 18, 2017.

1. "Anna hook em"

"Anna hook em" 250+ Posts

Good Morning its game day Time for Longhorn Nation to rise up. Texas will win it will be closer than we want it to be.

2. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Horns Up!

3. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

4. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Ariel will sit 2nd quarter but she will come back second half with fresh legs and have a monster game. That's my story and I'm sticking to it

• Like Like x 2
  5. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

8-8 perfect from the line. Wow. :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  6. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Game is going about what I expected. Looking for a patent 2nd half by the Longhorns with Ariel back on the court and the wearing down of OU.

• Like Like x 2
  7. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Completely agree

• Like Like x 1
  8. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

And Lashan banks in the "omen" three to end the 3rd!

• Like Like x 1
  9. "Anna hook em"

Good sign I say

10. "Anna hook em"

11. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Well damn. Norman is hard place to win. Let's get ready for Baylor at home. Fill the drum

• Like Like x 2
  12. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Tired legs + Mental Exhaustion = Poor Shooting = Loss

FSU was a game too far.

• Like Like x 2
  13. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Damn....

And could someone tell Thulin it's not "bedlam"? He's referred to it at least twice today

Tough loss

14. "Anna hook em"

Dammit why did she have to make that free throw

15. "Anna hook em"

Our streak had to end sometime

16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I knew it would be a tough game. OU's scheme always seems to give us fits. Not sure why we struggle so much with them; guess it's just the matchups. Today, I thought we'd have an advantage at PF and Joyner would have a huge game. But, we just couldn't get the ball to her inside. And, she struggle defensively guarding OU's drives to the basket by smaller, quicker players.

But, we made a lot of poor decisions -- coaching staff and players alike. That turnover by Briana with 30 seconds left in the game was just a killer. And, then she leaves Peyton Little wide open with 4 seconds left. Mistakes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. "Anna hook em"

Take it out on Baylor

• Like Like x 1
  18. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Today was one of the first times all season that I felt like Bre being on the court negatively affected the team. Even in our other losses she contributed in major ways. Today she didn't defend well and certainly was a liability on the offensive side of the ball. If BU adopts that same scheme (I suspect they might) then Monday will be tougher than in Waco. Being mindful that Baylor still has to travel to Norman, we can still win the title. We have to button some things up over the next fourty eight hours.

This is not a bad loss by any means though. OU is a good team and Ortiz is a freakin gamer. Flat out I would take that kid on my team any day of the week.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Trying to decide if I should even watch this game now....sigh
    Someone please say something encouraging to motivate my remote..lol

20. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Taylor can't shoot. Don't care how good she is on defense you cannot have a player on the floor the opponent can ignore because she simply can't make a basket. Beat Baylor.

21. justabbfan

justabbfan 250+ Posts

Not really surprised by the loss. It's the second round with the better teams. They have seen this team once and know how to deal with them, know who has a tendency to get quick fouls, etc. As Coach has said this game is over, the next game is now the most important one.

22. "Anna hook em"

Remote it was a good game just feel short.

23. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Two straight games with an in-bounds pass for a 3 to end regulation. Just HAVE to stop the in-bounder to baseline 3(Florida State) ......the oldest play in the books. Then... NEVER leave the team's best outside shooter open for a baseline 3 pointer. Higgs in Florida is kinda understandable. But Taylor as a senior should never bite on that fake pass and leave Little. Oklahoma ran that to perfection. I sure hope Aston practices those in-bound defensive fundamentals before The Dance. It would be sad if that was the play that finished the season. It's over but prevent it a 3rd time. Looking forward to Monday.

• Like Like x 1
  24. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

When you have a perimeter player who is absolutely NO threat on offense, it allows the opponent's defense to sag, clog up driving lanes, and disrupt your offensive flow. I love what KA has done with the program, but this loss is on her.

25. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

All correct observations on Taylor. And i always think she is looking to throw the ball away. However, I like the things she brings....hustle, defense, assists, toughness, etc. With Higgs struggling today and Atkins in foul trouble there were not a lot of great options. Taylor made some wonderful plays today.....some for us and some for them. Let's see what Monday brings.

• Like Like x 1
  26. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

I'm ok with putting this loss on her as long as we put the 19 W's in a row on her as well. Not sure what I would've had her do different because you always dance with who brought you (Bre) but I hope we find a way to her more involved offensively.

• Like Like x 3
  27. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I for one don't put the loss on Taylor. Lots of less than stellar plays by all. It just was unfortunately, her worse 2 was in the last 30 seconds. She will come out and play hard Monday.

28. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

I saw tired players. Brooke never misses those shots. Joyner stood around too much looking a bit lost. Ariel has to learn to control her impulse to reach in and foul.

That said, this team has brought me tons of joy. A one point loss in Norman is hard to swallow but it doesn't take away from all the amazing wins over the last six weeks.

Shake it off. A win against Baylor and this game will be forever forgotten!!!

• Like Like x 2
  29. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Man this is a tough tread tonight... I will not blame anyone for losing a game. So what we lost a game. After winning 19 in a row...sigh. Lets hope none of the players come here for encouragement, or coach KA. For 90% of these kids this will be the last time they will play this game that they love...cut them some slack!!
    We are Longhorn Nation!

• Like Like x 1
  30. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

W
    No one is blaming Taylor. Relax. We're just commenting on the game. She made two bone headed plays at the end. If they'd played better it wouldn't come down to that. Beat Baylor.

• Like Like x 1