Texas welcomes Wildcats to Austin

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Feb 3, 2017.

1. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

This game about as fun to watch as a root canal

• Like Like x 2
  2. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Congrats to everyone. Joyner, especially, an amazing game. Jeff Mittie showed once again what a brilliant coach he is.

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

whoa, that was a tough one. :clap:
    Glad to have that one behind us.
    Onward to Baylor Monday! :hookem2:

• Like Like x 2
  4. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Horrible! Lucky to escape. Hopefully we got all the ugly out today.

• Like Like x 1
  5. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Great job putting the game away at the very end. And so the Horns and Bears meet for sole possession of 1st on Monday. Let's go Texas!

• Like Like x 2
  6. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Kelsey (10 pts & 9 rebs) and Joyner (21 pts & 9 rebs) just missed double doubles. Kelsey also had five blocks.

Congrats to Kelsey on joining the 1,000 career pt club.:bow:

• Like Like x 4
  7. overseasbbfan1

Both the Horns and Baylor struggled today. Despite their best efforts to focus on the task at hand, both were likely looking ahead to Monday's matchup.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not surprised it was a tough game.

Only got to watch the 4th quarter. Will watch rest later.

Surprised Ariel was held to 5 points.

Another offensive struggle in the second quarter; that has been common this season.

Free throw shooting numbers seemed worse than normal.

9. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Missed FTs! We have to play much better on Monday if we want to even stay close to the bears.

10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

For those who didn't watch the game on LHN, the ticker at bottom of screen showed that Tasia Foman is out indefinitely for personal reasons.

I actually noticed on Wednesday that she was not on the bench in Stillwater against OSU.

11. overseasbbfan1

Yep, someone posted the WBB twitter comment earlier in the thread.

12. overseasbbfan1

The Bears made 9 of 23 FTs today....just 39%....no doubt they'll be looking to do much better on Monday also!

13. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Can't say I'll look forward to the rematch in Manhattan.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Both Baylor games will be out of the way, one way or another, so there will be no looking ahead, not to mention that KSU game in Manhattan is the last game of conference play.

15. skykingtx

skykingtx 25+ Posts

Anyone know why Khaleann wasn't at the game.

16. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

They said she had an ear 'injury'. I'm guessing maybe it was an ear infection?! But, not sure why she wouldn't be on the bench with either of those.

17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

That second quarter was brutal. We scored two free throw in the last 6.5 minutes, and it came with like 70 seconds left before half time. That's a long stretch without being able to score.

• Like Like x 1
  18. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Assuming they actually meant an injury and not an illness, she probably got hit in the ear and either suffered a bruise and/or cut(s). Could still have a headache which would account for not being at the game.

Infection? and no reason not say she was ill vs injury, could be causing dizziness or maybe the meds are. Again, a good reason to not come to the game and just stay home.

I hope she recovers well and does not suffer any permanent damage to her hearing, always a concern with ear injuries, since those are normally caused by blows to the outside ear.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Timing also plays into that as well. I am going to assume she got hurt no later than yesterday and possibly as early as this morning during walk through.

20. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Anyone know where Audrey-Ann Goudreau was?l She wasn't on the bench. As for Foman - something hasn't seemed right for awhile. Hope she's okay. Love watching her play.

21. overseasbbfan1

Audrey played 11 mins and scored 5 pts to go along with 2 rbs and 2 steals. Khaleann was missing....see the prior posts....she apparently has an ear infection, or injury of some type. Hopefully it's not too serious. I love Tasia also, it's been nice to see her have some big games for us this year. She is also one of our best defenders. Hope things work out and we see her back soon.

• Like Like x 3
  22. texexted

texexted 500+ Posts

Obviously who I meant but thanks for the info. Need her back Monday.