Thai Chile Burgers

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by SunBurntOrange, Jul 22, 2012.

1. SunBurntOrange

SunBurntOrange 500+ Posts

Ok…so I saw this on the food channel a couple of weeks ago and decided to try it. Guy Fieri was highlighting a restaurant in San Antonio that served these up. Was blown away at how easy, inexpensive, and damn tasty it turned out to be. Had to wing it on amounts of the ingredients from what I saw, but it was not too complicated.

1/2 pound fresh Thai chile peppers (got mine at Fiesta on I-35)
    16 cloves of garlic
    3 pounds 80/20 or 85/15 ground beef
    Muenster Cheese thickly sliced
    Ciabatta Buns
    Garnishes of your choice.

Finely chop the peppers (seeds and all) and garlic together. I let this mixture sit in the fridge overnight. Next day mixed well into ground beef and formed into 6 half pound burgers. I let these sit in the fridge a couple of hours before grilling. Grill to your desired doneness, top with muenster cheese and serve on toasted ciabatta buns. I actually bought a whole loaf of ciabatta bread from HEB and cut it into the sizes I needed. They had a seriously nice flavor and zing to them, but neither the peppers or garlic were overpowering. I am guessing this would work well as sliders or with stuffed bell peppers or meatloaf, which I intend on doing in the near future.

2. BurntOrangeOnly

BurntOrangeOnly 500+ Posts

There you go, making me hungry. [​IMG] That sounds really tasty.

3. JohnnyYuma

JohnnyYuma 500+ Posts

Wife made them. Great. Thx