Thank You BO

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by AustinBat, Mar 17, 2013.

1. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

I just got notice from Teacher Retirement system that next year my premiums will have a huge increase - about double. If my husband were not already on Medicare my new payment would eat up 72% of my retirement income. After 32 years of teaching.

Gee, if only Nancy fing Pelosi had read the thousands of pages of regulations before they passed it... Never mind - screw the people if it will bring about single payer more quickly.

I think I remember being told by his highness that my insurance would not be affected. He lied?? Who would have thought. [​IMG]

2. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Wow, that's sad.

Obviously their goal is to get everyone on their "single payer system". And, I'd say it's working.

Doesn't it piss you off that you've worked hard your whole life and expected to be able to retire with dignity and now the rug is being pulled from under your feet?

3. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

I'm with the ERS ( Texas State Employees Retirement System ) with my retirement pension. I'm sure they'll follow right along. Oh well, food or healthcare? Which will have to give?

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

AB
    I can't even imagine how you must feel. We all knew all along he was lying but his supporters continued to accuse us of everything from being stupid rednecks to racists.

You were the smart one.
    You knew it was coming. I wonder how his supporters who believed him feel when they get the notices.
    Will they wake up? or will they meekly allow themselves to continue to be duped?

I know the bill filed in the Senate to repeal obamacare won't go anywhere But it keeps the topic alive and as more and more see the horrible effects obamacare will have on them personally hopefully even Dems will urge their pols to vote to defund it
    and at the same time work on a better reform

5. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Yes, that is what makes me furious. It was evident to any thinking person that there was no way that what BO, Nancy and Harry said would be true. The numbers were just not there. "If you like your insurance you can keep it". Sure, assuming your employer would continue to offer insurance and/or you paid out the wazoo. Wait until this starts to hit everyone. Of course the usual BO lovers will blame it on Republicans, insurance companies and drug companies. And say we are racists.

6. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Sad situation indeed, Austinbat. One of the ladies in our bridge club just had her employer cut her hours so she will be considered a part-time employee, thus they don't have to provide health benefits. So she loses her health insurance benefits and takes a 20% pay cut to go with it. Nice going, Mr. President - a real bonanza you gave us with Obamacare.

HHD [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

But if it makes you feel any better, that 400lb guy from Illinois that had a heart attack from eating twinkies and fritos can now be insured thanks to your generosity.

8. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

9. m/

m/ 100+ Posts

Wait until next year, when the slackers and hipsters who don't have health insurance will likely end up paying the "tax penalty" of (what is it?) $2,000.

That's when the feces is going to hit the oscillator amongst the white-guilt liberal Democrat "Occupiers."

And that's when they are going to poke their head out of their rear orifice and squall at Republicans, "Why didn't you DO SOMETHING?"

10. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

Very well said, Hu Fan. I think you hit the nail(s) on the head.

11. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

12. bedhead

bedhead 100+ Posts

Do you really think most people are going to pay a "tax penalty"? No, they will roll the dice as they do just as illegally as having no car insurance.

the difference is, the car won't get fixed, but the patient that doesn't pay the tax penalty will still get treated.

Just one of the MANY illogical problems with Obama care.

13. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Mine as retired employee has remained as no cost to me. My wife as the dependent has gone up about $20 per year. I didn't go check my records, but that's what my wife recalls. Her memory is better than mine. As a side note, there has been no raise in the pension amount since I retired in 1998.

14. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

As they say, the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Maybe the demos thought they were doing a good thing by breathing life into this monster, but then, so did Frankenstein.

15. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Seems a lot of voters only see the "good" intentions of the dems. The dems never have to answer for the horrible results of these actions.

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

AB It looks like you will have plenty of company. But unilke you apparently the unions thought BO actually was telling them the truth:
    "heard [Obama] say, ‘If you like your health plan, you can keep it,’ ” John Wilhelm, chairman of Unite Here Health, representing 260,000 union workers, recently told the Wall Street Journal. “If I’m wrong, and the president does not intend to keep his word, I would have severe second thoughts about the law.” Besides Wilhelm, some of the nation’s largest union bosses have taken to publicly criticizing the Affordable Care Act.
    Of course, keeping your health care plan, like many Obama-care promises, has turned out to be demonstrably untrue. According to the Congressional Budget Office, about 7 million Americans stand to lose insurance coverage through the law by 2022. But unlike most private-sector workers expected to lose their current health coverage, union workers were a powerful Democratic constituency granted specific exemptions from Obama-care. Labor leaders are just now realizing that those protections are fleeting,
    and Obama-care regulations and cost increases will fall on the politically connected and unconnected alike.The Link

17. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

18. m/

m/ 100+ Posts

19. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

The Link

I do not see where these numbers make any sense in regards to a doubling in costs. Am I missing something?

20. AustinBat

AustinBat 2,500+ Posts

MB, I don't have the HMO plan. I currently pay $410 for me and my hubbie (who is on Medicare, so it's a supplemental plan for him.) I think it dropped about $350 per month when he became eligible for Medicare. I know a lot of people pay a lot more, but state retirees pay nothing for their own healthcare.

To keep the same plan next year, I think the letter said it would be $795 for me alone and $1795 for both of us IF my husband wasn't on Medicare. Maybe they are trying to get us all on the HMO plan, which i do not want, to better prepare us for government-run health care. [​IMG] I do know teachers who are retired but not 65, and that's a pretty big hit.

21. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

Fair enough AB. Good luck.