Thanks for the Bailout...

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by longtex, Mar 13, 2010.

1. longtex

longtex Guest

... and to show our appreciation, we'll just have your parrot, too... oh, and while we're at it, we'll put a padlock on your door:
    Bank Of America Commandeers Parrot
    from the Wall Street Journal

"Bank of America Corp. apologized after its local contractor entered the home of a mortgage borrower when she was away, cut off utilities, padlocked the door and confiscated her pet parrot... A bank employee erroneously sent the contractor to the woman's house with instructions to install a new lock if it appeared to be vacant. The contractor then mistakenly concluded the home was vacant... Ms. Iannelli was NOT in default, and that the instructions to the contractor were thus inappropriate."

"Inappropriate"?? How's about "criminally negligent"? Yep, and it only took a week to figure it out and give back the parrot. Now, did they invoice this lady for Parrot Care? I'm guessing the mortgage contract has some fine print that lets them come in your house under certain circumstances... but the last time I looked, "Ooops, sorry, judge, I thought she was in arrears and wasn't at home when I broke into her house and stole her pet," was not an acceptable excuse for ordinary 'persons'.

Read the fiull article, right here

2. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Should be criminally prosecutable, but most likely it will be just like governmental errors where they just say "oops sorry" and then restore the status quo without any compensation for the wrongdoing.