Thanks to Katy and Robert

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Gus McCrea, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Gus McCrea

Gus McCrea 25+ Posts

This weekend was the first time I had been to a Horns baseball game in a while. Sunday I made my way to the tailgate and I appreciate your very generous hospitality. Thanks!

2. I can attest. My first HF tailgate was the football game in Lincoln in 06. They are, indeed, as advertised.

3. tsquar

tsquar 250+ Posts

It was quite a gathering. Thanks to everyone who brought equipment, food and drink. Those and the big Horn fans contingent made it a memorable weekend. [​IMG]

4. those two agnors are pretty damn fine folks

5. InRightField

InRightField 100+ Posts

While the baseball games didn't go as planned, the tailgate could not have been better. Perfect location and set up. I know some Rice fans who were quite impressed and amazed with our gathering. Many thanks to Robert, Katy, Skip and everyone else who contributed. It was a fun weekend, regardless of how it ended.

And the music wasn't half bad, if I do say so myself [​IMG]

6. Orangeblood

Orangeblood 1,000+ Posts

Y'all are certainly welcome, but I think that the biggest thanks go to Dean (pneuma)!! He's the one that did all the leg work with the Rice officials and secured the spot. Also, he brought his awesome pit to the site (so I didn't have to trailer mine from Austin) and even dedicated himself to my crazy regional schedule (get there early and stay until everyone else has left).

Also, Skip was his usual prepared self. He brought all his prepacked tailgate bins each morning and made sure that we had everything that we needed. He always takes care of people.

And Brian (InRightField) supplied the music (paying for a new receiver and speakers himself) and thankfully brought his generator Friday morning. It was a necessity when mine crapped out by blowing smoke. Thankfully, it's already in the shop and they think it'll make a full recovery. However, without Brian's we'd have been short of the music and the tv coverage of the other regionals.

Finally, there were a LOT of people that helped out this weekend. Mucho thanks to Scott, Charlie, Terry and Ben (thanks for the tacos!), Andy, Gabe, Neill, Darrell, Mark and Katy, Jeff, Nimesh, and a bunch of others that my non-coffee'd brain can't think of right now.

7. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

The tailgate was excellent and a whole lot of fun. Thanks for a great weekend, y'all, and Hook 'em!

8. marley

marley 500+ Posts

Thanks, Katy and Robert.

I've always thought you two are among the most generous and giving people I've ever met.

The diligence and persistence with which you attack tailgates is amazing.

Thanks for all you do for the tailgates and those that attend them. And thanks for this web site that benefits Longhorn fans everywhere.

9. pneuma

pneuma 25+ Posts

Delighted to help the two folks responsible for bringing Horns of all stripes together here and also by way too many tailgates to count over the years. Just know that you guys are so appreciated by people who understand the commitment you make for all.

Yes, it was an impressive party judging by the looks of muted disbelief on the faces of joggers passing through.

10. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Having watched and seen the goings on behind the scenes, in many areas, for the football tailgates it amazes me they did them as long as they did. The immense prep and planning is sick. Countless hours of their own time before and after each one. Just when you think it is routine something happens to keep it new.

Thanks, even though I was not there in Houston.

11. houstonearlers

houstonearlers 100+ Posts

I stopped by Friday -- thanks for your wonderful hospitality