Thanksgiving Feast

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by SWHorn, Nov 11, 2008.

1. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

Anyone know of a restaurant in Austin to catch a good Thanksgiving meal before heading to the game?

I don't want to pay like $100 a person, but places that take reservations are a plus. And I really like the special "feast" type meals, not just order turkey off the menu.

But, I'll take whatever suggestions you have.

2. 1990txgirl

1990txgirl 250+ Posts

Here are some restaurants that will be open.

I think the best bets would be Hoover's (they don't take reservations for Thanksgiving--I called and asked last week) or Green Pastures. FWIW, I've heard Bakehouse is terrible.

The Driskill is $58/pp and the Four Seasons is $68/pp (no wine included), but they do take reservations. The menu sounded great at both.

3. MirrOlure

MirrOlure 500+ Posts

Green Pastures is pretty much your old fashioned "feast".

..............and the endless milk punch will have you ready to go by Gametime.

4. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

the milk punch sounds like a meal in itself.

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

5. Aspen1

Aspen1 100+ Posts

As mentioned in a similar post, Hoover's is the best.

6. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

allegedly, posse east is serving turkey and dressing. if true, this is the only valid reply to your question.

7. utgrad06

utgrad06 25+ Posts

Green Pastures is already booked.
    My family's going to Mansion on Judge's Hill - about $50/person - menu on the website:The Link

8. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

Thanks for all the responses. It's really helpful and gives me some things to look into.

9. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

Any feedback on Trattoria Lisina ?

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

10. MirrOlure

MirrOlure 500+ Posts

I'll report in on Green Pastures.....

....that was the best Thanksgiving buffet's I have ever been too. Only my mom's in-home meals have been better.

I went through the line twice, and got completely different items each time, and each plate was excellent.