Thanksgiving/ Horns/ Cowboys

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by ptownhorn, Sep 18, 2011.

1. ptownhorn

ptownhorn 1,000+ Posts

I'm 38 yrs old. One of the things that makes Tday special to my family and I is watching UT/ATM and Cowboys over Tday holiday.

I am going to miss the whole experience. Great food, great football. many many memories.

Long story short. If we do the pac 16 thing, you think maybe we could start playing Tech on Tday? That way us Texans get ours. would anybody else like this?

2. nwking

nwking 250+ Posts

I'm in.

3. TexasTower

TexasTower 500+ Posts

I'd still like to see us make the ND on T-day work. That would be a great series.

4. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

I’d like to see a rotation of Army, Navy, Air Force and Notre Dame on Thanksgiving (as I don’t think ND would commit to doing this every year). Call it the Texas Thanksgiving Day Classic, it would feel like an early bowl game.

5. Hookem123

Hookem123 1,000+ Posts

I think the PAC has rule about OOC being played in September, not saying we couldn't change it. Notre Dame / USC / Stanford was grandfathered in.

Texas should never play A&M again. Texas should reserve Thanksgiving for the best two teams in Texas, and that is Texas vs Texas Tech.

To play A&M on Thanksgiving would require changing PAC rules, and we wouldn't want to come off as pushy or anything. Aggy would accuse us of trying to run things, [​IMG]

6. petscii

petscii 250+ Posts

Why not move the OU game to T-day?

or is that stupid beyond belief?

7. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

I'm among the heathen degenerates that wish we would play on T+1. I like to host Thanksgiving in the evening and always liked watching the game as I recuperated the next day.

8. RxLonghorn

RxLonghorn 250+ Posts

I'm sure you're a nice guy, petscii, but you should be banned. Post-haste.

I think the Tech game on Thanksgiving would work. I expected to either get them or Baylor as the new Turkey Day tradition (if the ND thing didn't happen).

I also expect aggy to try and play a Thanksgiving game, but I don't think they will succeed in that venture.
    ...and I think they will be royally ticked off about it.

9. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Hookem123 hit it on the head. I've heard that the PAC may have that rule - no ooc past September exception SC and ND but that has been played for years. And no more UT - aggy games on TG. The ags can find find another big brother in the SEC to try to be like.

10. ShatyUT

ShatyUT 100+ Posts

11. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

I would have to say that TCU is better than Texas Tech.

12. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

If Rick Perry becomes President, he'll try to move Thanksgiving to September to avoid the Pac-12's OOC rule so A&M has a better chance of playing Texas.

13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts