THANKSGIVING is a fitting ending day - please read

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Orangeblood, Oct 27, 2014.

1. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

Thanks for all you've done. Don't know where I'm gonna go now. I'd hate to be stuck with Shaggybevo.

2. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ah, wow. Hard to believe this board is going away. Thanks, Robert & Katy, for the opportunity to read about my Horns in a forum which was the best one, imo. Enjoy all the free time you two will have. Reading and posting here will be among my fondest memories and I will miss coming here every day to catch up all things Longhorn.

4. Tan Ted Deki

Tan Ted Deki 500+ Posts

This is terrible news. Please reconsider.

This site is so much better than all others. It's like an extension of the old 360 board. Will be the end of an era that shouldn't end.

So sad to hear this news and I truly appreciate what this board has been.

5. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

so, uh, where do we all go from here?

6. pmg

pmg 1,000+ Posts

7. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

This reminds me of "The Truman Show". I know I check this site a ton. Hard to imagine it not being here, but like at the end of that movie, somehow we will all move on.

It's been a very entertaining site, and educational, too. I wish I could say that I am "uphauled" and think the Agnors are "idoits" for closing 'er down, but I know we all understand.

It's been allsome!

P.S.: [​IMG] Please reconsider [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. beaVo

beaVo 500+ Posts

wow. this is a shock for me. I've been on this site almost every day for the last 15 years. [​IMG]

I truly hate to see it end.

yall got any t-shirts left?

9. TexasOwnzYou

TexasOwnzYou 500+ Posts

Haven't posted here in a while, but just wanted to say that I enjoyed the time I spent here. [​IMG]

10. LikeMike

LikeMike 500+ Posts

Hope you will reconsider but, in any case, thanks for the great experiences. Has been a go to site for me almost every day.

Have truly enjoyed the experience. And yes it was a golden age.

As an alum who personally experienced the Royal/Street era as a student, met my wife at UT and went to football and baseball games with my alum daughter, I will miss this site!

THANKS

11. rage-a-holic

rage-a-holic 250+ Posts

12. LikeMike

LikeMike 500+ Posts

This is the only site I go to for news and discussion. Please suggest somewhere for next month and beyond.

13. TheFied

TheFied 2,500+ Posts

Robert & Katy, you guys did a great job. It's too bad that you guys couldn't have sold this site off years ago after it started to get too much even though it was your "baby". I will say I have no idea how much work you guys put into this over the years and I don't think any of us ever will.

I had a lot of fun posting here over the years. I started posting back in like 1995 or 1996 on the old AAS site and then moved here at some point. Maybe 1999. I had another handle back then, Texas97.

Thanks for all the work. I'll miss looking at the old PMs too.

14. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

PM Derka

15. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Saw the terrible news on other thread then found this, the announcement. For me this is awful. I used to check this site maybe weekly but since retiring I check it daily - all day long. Robert and Katy thank you so much for a great site, Any thing at all that could be done t o keep it, anything?
    Man, this is really like the loss of a close friend!

16. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

The bickering and nonsense drove me away from all the boards a few years ago, but I heard about this and had to stop by to say thanks.

Thanks for building a great community and for all the good you've done through it. I enjoyed spending time here, meeting people, and even found a job here.

I wish you many years of tailgating and being regular fans.

[​IMG]

17. ut71

ut71 25+ Posts

Those were the days, my friends,
    We thought they'd never end.

or

Bob Hope's, "Thanks for the memories."

[​IMG]

18. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

19. Ok_Longhorn

Ok_Longhorn 25+ Posts

Wait what????

This site kept me sane through MANY years living in enemy territory. I would come here daily for news and insight that just wasn't available on the other side of the Red River.

So many memories..

Thank you for having it around so long and I so hope to run into you guys and buy you a beer.. or two... Hell, whole night will be on me...

20. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell 1,000+ Posts

This is very disappointing - any chance y'all reconsider??

Thanks for all the memories, but I sure hope there are more to come. [​IMG]

21. Texex81

Texex81 500+ Posts

Thank You! [​IMG]

22. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

23. BurntOrangeOnly

BurntOrangeOnly 500+ Posts

'Twas a good place and will be missed. [​IMG]

24. houstonearlers

houstonearlers 100+ Posts

This place was very special once. Someone should take it over. Thanks to the agnors for putting up with us for so long. Obviously their heart hasn't been in it for a long time.

25. SanTexHorn

SanTexHorn < 25 Posts

Sorry to hear the fighting has come to Hornfans. I am a long time reader and seldom post anything. IMO, Hornfans is THE place to come to catch up on anything concerning women's basketball. I hope the OP has a change of heart and continues with the site, but I can certainly understand being fed up with a lot of bickering. Good luck..

26. Lone Star

Lone Star 500+ Posts

Robert & Katy --

I want to thank you both for the gift of this message board to the Longhorn Nation. You have been and continue to be selfless in your passion for Texas Sports and I understand that when he moves from being fun to being a complete chore that it is time to close up shop.

You have always represented the best of Longhorn fans without the bluster and bravado that consume so many that believe they have a following.

On a related note, I saw that Jerry Scarborough is going to transition his newsletter due to health reasons. That two icons of the Internet / Recruiting / News age close shop certainly marks a passage in time.

Again, thank you for the Site and fostering a true exceptional community.

27. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Well this sucks. I've had two other profile names and had to change them because I would take a break and not remember my password and just start over. Hope you reconsider. I will miss this place. [​IMG]

28. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Let me apologize in advance to anyone I offend but I would like to put forth a different perspective.

This board has existed and thrived because of the passion every longhorn fan possesses. Do some of us occasionally say things that we later regret? Sure. We're human. I've lost my composure at games (like at the NC game against Alabama) and later wished I had not done so. But again, that's passion. That's being a die hard fan.

We are not negotiating peace agreements of mediating wars. It's only football...

If you care about my marriage, please don't shut this board down and deprive so many of us the joy of participating, and the outlet we so desperately need to vent.

We're human and we're passionate. Isn't that the definition of a FANatic?

29. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

30. johnnyg88

johnnyg88 500+ Posts

Watchu talking about Willis? Wake me up, this can't be happening.