THANKSGIVING is a fitting ending day - please read

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Orangeblood, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

2. Macanudo

Macanudo 2,500+ Posts

Mine is cooler.

3. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

4. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

But do the motorcycles make toast? [​IMG]

5. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

6. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

In the words of Jim Morrison: This is the end........

7. LonghornCatholic

So, in cleaning up some of the trash on this thread, MajorTexasFan's post was inadvertantly deleted due to the damn connection speed and pathetic computer I'm working on. Since I could not reinsert it into the thread, I'm reposting it as a quote in this post.

8. MajorTexasFan

MajorTexasFan 100+ Posts

Not hurt. Sad at what was destroyed for no good reason. There won't be another site like this place was in the early 2000s.

9. LonghornCatholic

10. LonghornCatholic

Also didn't mean to imply you were hurt. Was referring to others. Apologies

11. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

The shaggy attacks of Hornfans is not any different than the type of **** you hear from sooners at the Cotton Bowl

12. BrothaHorn

BrothaHorn 1,000+ Posts

Thanks for the memories, arguments and opinions especially to Roger35 and Satchel.

13. KingBobo81

KingBobo81 250+ Posts

I left long ago but this was my introduction to a forum for Longhorn fans. Adios!

14. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

In reply to:

"Thanks for the memories, arguments and opinions especially to Roger35 and Satchel. "

I am not sure I agree with the notion anyone needs to extend any kind of thanks to these two for their arguments or opinions on West Mall [​IMG]

15. bozo_casanova

bozo_casanova 2,500+ Posts

Thanks y'all.

16. HausFrau

HausFrau 100+ Posts

My husband had to tell me about this and am sadden - not surprised but saddened. I normally don't check stuff until the Baseball season that would have been a shocker! Thank you Robert & Katy for all you did...do. This site kept me sane when we expatriated to Germany and will be forever grateful.

God bless and Hook'em

17. 1990txgirl

1990txgirl 250+ Posts

I think it's been about 6 years since I posted here. It really was a shame when the infamous rift that resulted in shaggybevo happened.

HornFans was my introduction to message boards. In its heyday, it was best in class. I'll never forget the 2005 championship thread, and meeting some great people from this site in real life.

Thanks, and best wishes to all. [​IMG]

18. wherzwaldo

wherzwaldo 1,000+ Posts

Was a great site for a long time. Time to put it out to pasture.

19. ausroby

ausroby 25+ Posts

Longtime reader / lurker -- and once in a while poster. Sorry to hear it will be shutting down. Compared to other sites this is still the site I'm most comfortable with and my favorite Longhorn fix [​IMG] Thanks for all you did for Longhorn fans over the years! [​IMG]

20. MajorTexasFan

MajorTexasFan 100+ Posts

Edit: no need for me to quibble. Best wishes and thanks for all the good times.

21. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

Thanks for keeping the site open through the end of the football season. [​IMG]

22. imjgh

imjgh 25+ Posts

It is with great sadness to see this site come to an end. My sincerest of thanks to Robert and Katie.

I was "here" before this site and remember the transition. LIfe was different back then and this truly was the first site that I would visit literally for many years.

I didn't post often but came to know many of you via the posts. We shared the ups and downs but it was always like a part of my family.

The bookmark of all bookmarks...you will all be missed but many amazing memories will remain.

Thanks again to all who made this experience possible.

23. Homebrew

Homebrew 25+ Posts

Read a lot. Posted very little. Will miss.

24. JohnnyRage

JohnnyRage 25+ Posts

Dueces...

And thank you. I hope you change your mind.

25. Unques prist

Unques prist 250+ Posts

Thanks for the effort, memories and the opportunity to opine, argue, agree, laugh and congregate. [​IMG]

Unques prist - out [​IMG]

26. AuburnTexas

AuburnTexas 100+ Posts

My wife would say "what are you doing?". Reading hornfans. This was an everyday occurrence. Your not paying attention. Are you on that website again? And then, after a couple of years, it was me asking her...

And then one day I had to explain how I got a warning and she was pissed. How dare I cross that line. I'm a ******* idiot. The word that got me in trouble is now a code word for us when I know I'm right and she's wrong. "Shrocker". My warning told me that I was being sexist and racist at the same time.

So ten years later we have the same conversation. Only now she asks if I'm on shaggy.

Thanks for the good times. I miss it already. [​IMG]

27. Hornmatic

Hornmatic 100+ Posts

RIP

The site that started my Longhorn net fandom...

28. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

29. longhorn_melissa

longhorn_melissa 250+ Posts

What a coincidence. I was working out at the gym yesterday and saw a guy wearing a hornfans shirt on the treadmill in front of me. I haven't posted too much on here, but I enjoyed reading the things people had to say. The site will be missed.