The Architect of Destruction

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by GreenDragonSix, Jun 24, 2013.

1. GreenDragonSix

GreenDragonSix 100+ Posts

The Architect of Destruction
    By Maureen Scott

Obama appears to be a tormented man filled with resentment, anger, and disdain for anyone of an opinion or view other than his. He acts in the most hateful, spiteful, malevolent, vindictive ways in order to manipulate and maintain power and control over others. Perhaps, because, as a child, he grew up harboring an abiding bitterness toward the U.S. that was instilled in him by his family and mentors …it seems to have never left him.

It is not the color of his skin that is a problem in America, rather it is the blackness that fills his soul and the hollowness in his heart where there should be abiding pride and love for this country.

Think: Have we ever heard Obama speak lovingly of the U.S. or its people, with deep appreciation and genuine respect for our history, our customs, our sufferings and our blessings? Has he ever revealed that, like most patriotic Americans, he gets "goose bumps" when a band plays "The Star Spangled Banner," or sheds a tear when he hears a beautiful rendition of " America the Beautiful?" Does his heart burst with pride when millions of American flags wave on a National holiday - or someone plays "taps" on a trumpet?

Has he ever shared the admiration of the military, as we as lovers of those who keep us free, feel when soldiers march by? It is doubtful because Obama did not grow up sharing our experiences or our values. He did not sit at the knee of a Grandfather or Uncle who showed us his medals and told us about the bravery of his fellow troops as they tramped through foreign lands to keep us free. He didn't have grandparents who told stories of suffering and then coming to America, penniless, and the opportunities they had for building a business and life for their children.

Away from this country as a young child, Obama didn't delight in being part of America and its greatness. He wasn't singing our patriotic songs in kindergarten, or standing on the roadside for a holiday parade and eating a hot dog, or lighting sparklers around a campfire on July 4th as fireworks exploded over head, or placing flags on the grave sites of fallen and beloved American heroes.

Rather he was separated from all of these experiences and doesn't really understand us and what it means to be an American. He is void of the basic emotions that most feel regarding this country and insensitive to the instinctive pride we have in our national heritage. His opinions were formed by those who either envied us or wanted him to devalue the United States and the traditions and patriotism that unites us.

He has never given a speech that is filled with calm, reassuring, complimentary, heartfelt statements about all the people in the U.S. Or one that inspires us to be better and grateful and proud that in a short time our country became a leader, and a protector of many. Quite the contrary, his speeches always degenerate into mocking, ridiculing tirades as he faults our achievements as well as any critics or opposition for the sake of a laugh, or to bolster his ego. He uses his Office to threaten and create fear while demeaning and degrading any American who opposes his policies and actions.

A secure leader, who has noble self-esteem and not false confidence, refrains from showing such dread of critics and displaying a cocky, haughty attitude.

Mostly, his time seems to be spent causing dissension, unrest, and anxiety among the people of America , rather than uniting us (even though he was presented to us as the "Great Uniter"). He creates chaos for the sake of keeping people separated, envious, aggrieved and ready to argue. Under his leadership Americans have been kept on edge, rather than in a state of comfort and security. He incites people to be aggressive toward, and disrespectful of, those of differing opinions. And through such behavior, Obama has lowered the standards for self-control and mature restraint to the level of street-fighting gangs, when he should be raising the bar for people to strive toward becoming more considerate, tolerant, self-disciplined, self-sustaining, and self-assured.

Not a day goes by that he is not attempting to defy our laws, remove our rights, over-ride established procedures, install controversial appointees, enact divisive mandates, and assert a dictatorial form of power.

• Never has there been a leader of this great land who used such tactics to harm and hurt the people and this country.

• Never have we had a President who spoke with a caustic, evil tongue against the citizenry rather than present himself as a soothing, calming and trustworthy force.

• Never, in this country, have we experienced how much stress one man can cause a nation of people - on a daily basis!

Obama has promoted the degeneration of peace, civility, and quality of cooperation between us. He thrives on tearing us down, rather than building us up. He is the Architect of the decline of America , and the epitome of a Demagogue.

© Maureen Scott

2. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

It just kills some people to see a successful black man with a happy, well-adjusted family.

3. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

4. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

haters gonna hate

I often wonder if people who write this drivel (or those who endorse it) have ever actually listened to an Obama speech

5. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I have to admit that I don't understand the vitriol of the far right. I strongly feel that they've created a monster in their own mind, find news to reinforce that view and disregard any information that runs counter to the "monster" image.

The far left did it with Bush but were they as mainstream as the far right now?

6. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I've found that when someone begins a rant by stating that it isn't the color of skin that's a problem, it usually is in their view.

7. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

Kudos to Ms. Deen, err, Ms. Scott for not calling him uppity.

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Green?
    Is there more to the article ?
    Or did I miss the references to BO's skin color in her article

the ONLY references to BO's skin color I see are the ones from supporters who posted.

which makes me wonder why that is so important to them?
    It seems pretty patronizing of people that pretend to support BO. Very strange.

9. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

11. CedarParkFan

12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

aggy?
    No common sense and totally understandable

13. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

paso
    you mean where she said it was not the color of his skin?

I was hoping someone would try to do a 'gotcha". I should have figured who it would be

so even though she says it is not the color of his skin all the supporters know better. The supporters somehow know that is hercode for" if only the Pres weren't black everything he does and wants to do would be ok.

15. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

I guess you also need to reread what the poster said.

[​IMG]

16. Gadfly

Gadfly 250+ Posts

I can see where many would be entertained by this, but I fear a country where a majority see this (or the liberal equivalent) as valid political debate.

17. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

18. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

More toxic vomit lapped up by a rabid opposition that must see every difference as good versus evil.

I have to think that the author of the piece must be laughing at his audience as he collects their money. He must be trying to find out how low you can go before people spit it out, and he's having trouble finding that place.

19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I think most people would hear a candidate and then POTUS telling their supporters to take a gun if the opposition brings a knife
    or calling people who disagree bitter
    or calling people who disagree ' enemies" to be punished
    or one of his milder insults calling people who " listen to the wrong radio shows confused"

People hearing or reading those coming from BO know what true vitriol is.
    Those were words coming from a person who is supposed to be president of all Americans . He seems to forget that quite a bit

should a POTUS be held to a higher standard than a opinion writer?

20. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

Here is an excerpt of a speech from Obama after he won the 2008 election. It sure is full of hate and vitriol. You people are just goofy irrational haters.In reply to:

21. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

22. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

rinse, wash, repeat

23. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

He sure sounds like a hater of all things America here.In reply to:

24. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

In reply to
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

He has never given a speech that is filled with calm, reassuring, complimentary, heartfelt statements about all the people in the U.S. Or one that inspires us to be better and grateful and proud that in a short time our country became a leader, and a protector of many. Quite the contrary, his speeches always degenerate into mocking, ridiculing tirades as he faults our achievements as well as any critics or opposition for the sake of a laugh, or to bolster his ego. He uses his Office to threaten and create fear while demeaning and degrading any American who opposes his policies and actions.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the interest of stronger political intelligence, simply look at this statement and then Google the term " Obama Speeches." Read a few paragraphs of his most recent inaugural address and a few others.

Anyone who thinks the 'analysis' quoted in the thread-starter can stand up to critical examiniation would soon be disabused of this idea. i don't know the writer and don't know if she's playing to an audience she believes to be dumb or if she is simply too dumb/lazy/unwilling to use facts, reason, quotations and evidence to build a case. She has passion, decent writing skills and a good vocabulary. As one who encourages writers and political discussion, I suggest that on her next effort she do some research and offer evidence to back her opinions. I'd urge her to check her facts . Unwarranted bias and "factual" statements that contain information easily disproved damage credibility of the writer and call her ideas into question. Several statements, most egregiously the one quoted above, fail the most simple and basic fact checking.

Anyone who would applaud this unreasoned criticism of Obama would likely want to belong to a party that routinely passes a resolution objecting to the teaching of critical thinking skills in public schools. The good news: The Texas Republican Party is there for you.

I'd also warn political writers of any stripe that poorly reasoned crticism is often more beneficial to the intended victim than intelligently worded praise.

25. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

I loved this:

26. CedarParkFan

27. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

I believe Cedar Park Fan has firmly established himself as least offended by any racial or ethnic slur of anyone on this board. Congrats, I guess.

28. CedarParkFan

29. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

I've Googled the name Maureen Scott and this column has received way too much attention around the country. On this thread, I criticized her as pretty much a harmless amateur. Now i think I should identify her as a malevolent gasbag.
    There are lots of reasons to criticize Obama but Maureen Scott, who has apprarantly never had time to read or listen to one of his important speeches, is in no way qualified to make an intelligent criticism.

30. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

In reply to: