The Big Ticket (UT Students)

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Dionysus, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

From TexasSports.com

The Big Ticket gives UT students access to all home, regular season Texas Athletics events for the 2016-17 academic year with a single transaction.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

It couldn't be simpler. Just sign in to your student account on TexasSports.com and purchase The Big Ticket for $175 (plus $20 fee). The Big Ticket is loaded onto your valid UT student ID.

For football, Big Ticket purchasers receive a reserved seat in the student section for every home game. Allocation of seats and groups are based on classification (seniors, graduate students, juniors, sophomores, and freshmen). To enter the game, all you need is your Print-at-Home ticket (e-mailed the week of the first home game), PLUS your valid UT student ID.

For all other UT sports, just bring your valid UT student ID to the event. No reservations, no downloads necessary -- just scan, and you're in!

NOTE: Sometimes the demand for student seating may be greater than the allotment of tickets. Texas Athletics works to make sure this does not occur. The best way to ensure a seat is to arrive early!

big-ticket.jpg

Read the rest at this TexasSports.com link.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

sounds a lot like the LASP? (Longhorn All Sports Package) or a similar name, when I was in school but with some tweaks and without being able to do it online (that I recall anyway). And a lot more expensive as well. :smile1:

3. snek

snek 500+ Posts

They have to have the printed ticket AND their VALID ID in hand. No more selling or giving of anything. Name will need to match on both.

4. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

I remember that all sports package, you got it stamped on your Texas ID card, I believe.

First you waited in line forever at Bellmont, on the sidewalk, in the August heat, to get your classes and whatever else.

Then went to Gregory to make your ID picture, in all your sweaty glory, made for some fine photographs in the longer hair era.

Thankfully that protocol and hairstyles changed before I graduated.

People would just borrow other's ID's back then, they really didn't check too closely at the gates, later they did.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

We used to go get in line at the stadium for OUsux and aggy tix a couple of days before student tix were drawn, taking shifts to sit in the line. At night, guys would bring beer and food if you had that shift.