The Boz - A Photo Collection

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Max Powers, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Max Powers

Max Powers 100+ Posts

2. overmaars

overmaars 1,000+ Posts

Nice pic! Boz is from Irving originally. I imagine he moved back to Texas at some point. That plate should have said "MROYDS" or "FSLEEVS".

3. pjohnson

pjohnson 100+ Posts

He did grow up in Texas, sorry to say.

He and Billy Sims make a lovely couple of ex-Texans.

4. borna_horn

borna_horn 1,000+ Posts

You just cut a couple of years off my life.

5. ilsa

ilsa 100+ Posts

the best thing that ever happened to him was getting caught with the roids in college. He seemed destined to follow the path of Alzado.

6. parkerco

parkerco 500+ Posts

would that be such a bad thing?

7. cochamps

cochamps 2,500+ Posts

I was hoping for a shot of that douche with Bo Jackson.

8. watashi

watashi 250+ Posts

Where's the one of him getting plowed by Bo Jackson?

9. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

I had to laugh at his "Flashdance" headband. [​IMG]

10. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

I'd like to buy that man a drink.

Hey bartender, gimme a vinegar and water for my friend.

11. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

12. vculou

vculou 250+ Posts

I'd like to buy that man a drink.

say barkeeep let him have a double shot urine test and make it a tall warm one for my friend.boz.. [​IMG]

13. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

what's up with that Juditzu outfit--is that something he learned fighting in the Octagon?? bet nobody thinks he's a failure cuz he goes home to Starla at night... [​IMG]

14. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

Does the ******* still have Fred Akers' name written on his shoes? He's not fit to wear Akers' underwear as a facemask.

Boz did show up somebody, though. The sports media were exposed as the goofball, jock-sniffing herd of morons that they are when they lapped up Boz's yokel sense of humor and guffawed at his every adolescent stunt. Morons.

15. ptownhorn

ptownhorn 1,000+ Posts

what do .....

white politicians
    white rappers
    white cocky athletes have in common?

16. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

I don't know who I can't stand more, the Boz or Bucky Richardson. Regardless, both of them made me really hate the 80's more than the outfits, hair and Whitesnake.

17. SpiderAg

SpiderAg 100+ Posts

they left out my favert.

[​IMG]

18. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    'nuff said

19. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

If ever there were a player and a school perfect for each other, it was Bozworthless and OU.
    OU really has a knack for great SI covershots, don't they? They must be so proud.

20. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

that was a crazy time to be a kid. like every 3rd kid in oklahoma had a "boz" haircut with the three lines shaved in the side of the head. i believe i was in 4th grade maybe?

he may have been an asshat, but his story is still very interesting. he is still the best football player i have seen play in person. drugs or no drugs. better than roy williams. i wasn't old enough to watch the selmons play.

21. Bonafide

Bonafide 100+ Posts

You had that cut too didnt you?

22. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

i didn't. my mom wouldn't let me. thank god... because yeah, i probably would have.

23. halsteadfrost

halsteadfrost 1,000+ Posts

24. notreally

notreally 1,000+ Posts

25. rocat

rocat 25+ Posts

26. houstonearlers

houstonearlers 100+ Posts

He and that asshat Toby Keith reflect OU perfectly

27. SoonerAtKU

SoonerAtKU 100+ Posts

You're right about him in earlier years, but the guy has been humbled significantly since his college days. There was a special filmed a few years ago that had some OU greats in sort of a round table discussion, including Boz and Barry. In the middle of the thing, a 45 year old Boz breaks down and apologizes to everyone in the room, especially Barry, for the embarrassing behavior he displayed.

It's all well and good to say the guy acted like a jerk when he was 20, but I'm pretty sure all of us did at some point. I know I wouldn't like people to have video record of the stupid crap I did when I was that age.

28. EnricoPalazzo

EnricoPalazzo 25+ Posts

Uhh, eye black? Really?

29. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I've told this story on these boards before, and I'll say it again.

I covered Brian Bosworth's high school team for the local paper. He was slated to be a starter a defensive end as a freshman, and the other DE was a junior with only JV experience. So I wrote in my season preview that the Cardinals had inexperience at both defensive ends.

Although true, this enraged Brian. He threatened to "get" me because he didn't like what I said. Mind you, he was a high school freshman who didn't have a single down of varsity experience, but he was angry that I said so. I made sure to quote his coach about what a great talent Brian was, and that great things were expected out of him, but he focused on the part about inexperience and threatened me.

The guy actually THREATENED me.

I have no use for him. To me, he's a walking ad for abortion on demand.

30. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm guessing Barry did not break down and apologize to all concerned.
    You guys must really admire Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, and the East German women's olympic team.