The Chapman saga continues

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Wishbonemac, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

I'm predicting that Clint has another strong game today.

His play this year has exceeded my expectations and when he calls for the alley-oop his mates are responding.

Frank Haith won't be doing that funky highstep sideline gallop today I further prognosticate.

Us at the buzzer. YHIHF.

2. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

This game is getting ugly very quickly. Horns will be lucky to stay within 20. The horns simply play no defense.

3. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

What if they had a basketball game and all they talked about was baseball? Good grief.

4. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

Wangmene is bad. I know I misspelled it

5. Walking Boss

Mizzou shooting lights out from 3. 8-11 everything else is a layup. No ball pressure and no shot blocker to protect the rim. Bad combination. We have also missed a ton of point blank shots. Mizzou up by 13 at half.

6. SHS1984

SHS1984 250+ Posts

had to turn the volume down during the extensive baseball talk.

I kinda wish this game was on the LHN so no one could watch it.

7. Third Coast

Hard to overcome 75% 3 pt shooting.

8. Walking Boss

I've watched most of the horn games this year and what is most discouraging is that the team has not shown improvement at all. The mistakes they were making early in the year have just continued.

9. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Lewis might be the new AJ Abrams. He'll make 6 three's one game and then go 1-10 the next.

I actually thought the team effort was vastly improved in the second half, but we continue to get gashed whenever the opposing offense moves the ball around the perimeter.

10. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

There were a lot of fouls that were very touchy-both ways but more in their favor. Clint was a non-factor due to 2 quick calls. Again.

Overall, our play was a step back I felt, the pieces should look like they're from the same puzzle by now, at least.

Sheldon McClellan wasn't looking Coach in the eye when he got his (defensive-mistake?) tongue lashing in the last minute. I need to hear more about that.

If there's a more valuable player to his team than #14 is, tell me who.

11. Third Coast

Hopefully it gets better when Barnes can coach with both arms.

12. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

13. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

14. Alex_de_Large

Alex_de_Large 1,000+ Posts

15. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Mizzu is a quality top ten team. Our team is very young, with no consistent inside force. Mizzu was on fire from beyond the three point line.

Our guys will be in the March tournament, and they are improving. and thank goodness for J Brown. that dude can score, even with a banged up ankle that is clearly limiting him.

16. Dirty Martin

Dirty Martin 500+ Posts

Mizzou started 4 seniors who have been playing together for a couple of years, and they were playing at home.

We started 3 freshman.

17. Walking Boss

Maybe this team will reverse the trend from the last few years and be average to terrible until the last 8-10 games and become terrific. The freshman have to stop plaing like they are playing AAU ball though and get tough on defense.