The cheapest lunch

Discussion in 'Rusty's Grill' started by Gadfly, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Gadfly

Gadfly 250+ Posts

2 tacos, 1 bean burrito, supply your own drink.

Taco Bell.

$3

Can you [reasonably] beat that?

2. YChang

YChang 500+ Posts

a Vietnamese banh minh / sandwich

3. Luke Duke

Luke Duke 1,000+ Posts

That was my lunch in high school, except back then it was less than $2.

4. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

I think two party tacos and 1 party burrito from Taco Bueno would beat that.

5. mcmike1492

mcmike1492 100+ Posts

Can't beat it. Two bean burritos, one tostada, and a large Dr. Pepper-$2.98. Ate that three times a week for two years after I graduated. Yeah, it was a few years ago.

6. Swiffert

Swiffert 250+ Posts

jack in the box: $3+tax will get you 6 tacos

7. foxyhorn

foxyhorn 100+ Posts

Hot Pockets. Less than $2 for a package of 2 sandwiches.

8. NB_LONGHORN

NB_LONGHORN 500+ Posts

Does the added cost of an antacid factor into your calculation?

9. Friday

Friday 500+ Posts

How much did you spend on gas? Did you make a run for the border?

10. Gadfly

Gadfly 250+ Posts

11. THEU

THEU 2,500+ Posts

2 party tacos, 3 party burritos AND a small drink in HS cost $3.22 at the Bueno. It was a meal too economical to pass up. I could get full on $3.22 as a HS student. That is the most food for the money I can think of....

12. TJ=NPOY

TJ=NPOY 100+ Posts

13. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

if you have time, the Don Juan, at Juan in a million.

14. Stuck_At_Work

Stuck_At_Work 1,000+ Posts

Remember when the Whopper at Burger King used to be $1. Two of those and a soda was a heck of a lunch in HS. Then again, I burned a lot more calories back playing sports...

15. DLev

DLev 250+ Posts

16. TornACL

TornACL 250+ Posts

17. kbrown

kbrown 1,000+ Posts

McDonalds in Amarillo has Q.P. w/cheese, 2 for 3 dollars.

18. CBDTexas

CBDTexas 100+ Posts

I worked at Subway in high school, and you could get a footlong meatball sub for approx $4.75.

Although not the cheapest, it's still cheap and a great deal. But that was circa 2000, things may have changed since then.

19. Kwisatz

Kwisatz 500+ Posts

20. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

I worked at Subway in high school, and you could get a footlong meatball sub for approx $4.75.

Although not the cheapest, it's still cheap and a great deal. But that was circa 2000, things may have changed since then.

I just ate a 6" turkey sub with chips and a drink and it was almost $8.00...it is a little more expensive now.

21. DallasCMD

DallasCMD 25+ Posts

Well, currently, you can go to KFC on Wednesdays and get chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes with gravy, cole slaw and a roll for $1.99. They will let you nix the slaw and go double mashed for no extra charge. Fills me up when I can stomach it.

22. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

I'm going the the Totinos tonight!!!

23. DallasCMD

DallasCMD 25+ Posts

Oh yah, anybody ever burn the roof of their mouth eating a totinos right out of the oven? I can't think of any other food that I have ever done that on. Leaves a piece of skin hanging off!

24. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Sandy's Burgers on Barton Springs(Austin)...burger, fries and a drink for under $3.00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

[​IMG]

25. nych 1

nych 1 250+ Posts

Last time I had a Totino, the roof of mouth was hurting for a while. I was even warned about it, but it didn't matter.

A co-worker in my office eats the $0.89 Banquet microwave dinner each day. I am afraid to try one. Do they taste okay? A total of five dollars spent on lunch for the entire work week is pretty impressive.

26. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

Sams Club hot dog combo (large hot dog and a soda). $1.69 any day of the week and plenty cheap.

27. Sip94

Sip94 500+ Posts

Costco hotdog (or polish sausage) and bottomless soda $1.50.

28. ImissWallyPryor

ImissWallyPryor 1,000+ Posts

Back in the 80's, there was a crappy little drive-thru hamburger joint near the Der Weinerschnitzel (sp?) on Riverside Drive. I once bought their 10 hamburgers for $4 special. Largest meal I ever hope to eat. I was the inspiration for that Japanese guy who eats all those hot dogs.

29. 2004UT2007

2004UT2007 Guest

The cheapest lunch comes once a year. Superbowl Sunday special at McDonalds...50 McNuggets for $8.99.

$9.62 (with tax included) / 50 = 19.2 cents per nugget.

30. Spearman

Spearman < 25 Posts