The Colorado Cake Baker v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Clean, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Schlichter article today about how it is inevitable the the current level of liberal hatred will turn violent

https://townhall.com/columnists/kur...d-will-inevitably-turn-into-violence-n2494043

".... Intimidation isn’t working. It makes the libs quiver with joy, but it just makes us mad. Getting your opponent riled up is a poor strategy, especially at the ballot box. Mad people tend to retaliate. November is coming, and we all fully understand that every middle finger selfie, every vicious tweet, every assault on a conservative diner, is an attack on us.

So, the left will embrace violence. It’s only a matter of time. They have to go there, because there’s nothing else left to try to undo our successful rebellion of 2016. The inertia of their hatred makes it inevitable. If we really are Nazi murderers who butcher children, don’t they kind of have to respond violently? Is violence against us justified? If what they are saying was true, it would be mandatory. Now, we know a lot of big name liberals don’t believe the crap they are spewing, but the base does. Do you think at Democrat gatherings, in fern bars and bus stations, they don’t giggle and whisper about how they hope the next time one of their own attacks a bunch of conservatives he, she, or xe runs up the body count?

Do you hear a single prominent – or not prominent – liberal pleading with his, her, or xer fellow travelers to pull back from the brink? No. They can’t.

The Democrat base won’t tolerate a retreat from extremism. They must push forward, get more extreme, pump up the volume, with each MSNBC chatterclown striving to top the previous doofus’s Hitler hyperbole. These Democrat idiots are going to talk themselves into a Second Civil War and then act surprised when it works out poorly again....."

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

This is what scares me. Dems will keep ratcheting up the call for targeting conservatives like Maxine Waters has done. Is there no sane Dem who is willing to call off the rabid dogs?

Honestly I am surprised there has been no push back from the right. How long before that happens?
    And when that happens how will the media react?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Note the important difference
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

Isn’t that bullying? So now libs want to bully people. That will not end well for them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Good thing most of the guns are owned by conservatives.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

After being shot and almost killed last year by a deranged Bernie Bro, a congressman called for kindness and civility.
    Leftists responded by calling him a Nazi and lamenting that he didn't die.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Too bad that restaurant was in VA instead of DC
    Interesting that Seattle is one. Is that connected to the violent protests?

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Advice from an MIT guy -- Get armed and vote
    Like your life depends on it
    Because it may

• Like Like x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's backfired on them

11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

how long before the left says James Woods is calling for violence?

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Mike Huckabee said in a radio interview that Sarah Sanders (his daughter) went across the street to a different restaurant.
    And that the owner of the Red Hen followed her and her party across the street and organized a protest outside that other restaurant.

13. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Deranged nutcases.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

All liberals are on the side of a strong successful woman who is being mistreated bc of her political position, right?

15. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The democrats never think that two can play that game. I think I will start shouting down democrats when I see them in public.

16. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

It's embarrassing when a POTUS calls out a Congresswoman for being Very Low IQ. Then again, he's right. Damn that woman behaves stupidly.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Incivility works well for Trump ... but not for many other politicians.
    I'm sorry for what happened to Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Incivility will be very hurtful to the Democratic cause. I'm mortified.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Incivility works for Trump. His supporters revel in it then become snowflakes when the sentiment is returned. When they go low, we go high.

19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Funny I haven’t seen Trump supporters attacking leftists.

20. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Chuckie Schumer, to his credit, actually came out and said that harassing people that you don't agree with politically is wrong and un-American. I was totally surprised.

• Like Like x 5
  21. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Maxine Waters is leading the Democrats right now. Just let that sink in.:yippee:

22. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

www.reddit.com/r/the_donald

Browse that site to see them celebrate verbally attacking media, latinos, liberals, etc.

Both sides are in the wrong. Of course, one side has it's leaders trying to stop the behavior while the other is cheerleading for it.

23. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

:lol:

24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not a Crowder guy, but this exchange happened in Texas when a Democratic delegate called for people to bomb his van. I think social media is a huge factor in this.

• Like Like x 1
  25. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Went through 2 pages and saw none of that with the exception of harassing Jim Acosta at a Trump Rally.

• Like Like x 1
  26. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Does anyone really hear Maxine as advocating violence? She's advocating active protesting. I'm not. I feel more like Schumer. But then, I'm a Dem in a RED state and I also swim in this shark tank.

I think the Red Hen should have served Sanders, then told her politely (as they did when they asked her to leave) that they'd like her not to return and then donated the money they paid to the ACLU or some gay rights foundation. WWJD?

27. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

None of the following:

• Like Like x 2
  28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What she's calling for isn't violence, but it is beyond protest. She's calling for making it difficult for people who disagree with her to function and lead a normal life by making it so that they can't go the store, get gas, go to work, eat at a restaurant, etc. without somebody getting in their face and hassling them. And of course, it's pretty foreseeable that violence will occur if this sort of thing happens.

He would tell everybody to calm the hell down. He would say to disagree without being disagreeable and to tell people to treat others as they would want to be treated. Since Maxine Waters presumably doesn't want to be harassed everywhere she goes, he would tell her not to encourage others to do that.

• Like Like x 4