The Cowboys should cut Roy Williams!!!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by KGhorn, Jan 13, 2008.

1. midtown horn

midtown horn < 25 Posts

Evil Roy and Julius Jones to the Raiders for Michael Huff. 2 birds 1 stone. Hell you could even throw in the Cowboys first round pick in the draft. They still have Clevelands first round pick this year.
    Bottom line is Roy and Julius need to be gone. Lots of good backups for the Barbarian in the draft this year:
    Slayton
    McFadden
    F. Jones
    J. Charles
    R. Rice (i think???)

2. TheContractor

TheContractor 250+ Posts

it is shameful for the NFL that he will have a pro-bowler behind his name. He is not a good S period.
    HoosierHorn,
    ill join you.

3. SlingeroGuitaro

SlingeroGuitaro 250+ Posts

ihave some friends parents that are die hard cowboys fans. when they played the saints a year ago on sunday night football i told them before the game that new orleans was going to rip them a new one solely because of roy williams. they got super offended and threatened to kick me out of the house, saying he was the best safety in the league.

that was a fun night [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. BigDLonghorn22

BigDLonghorn22 25+ Posts

I can't wait till we lose this guy. He has been crappy since they made the "Roy Williams Rule" which was how he would tackle 80% of the time. He could never cover but was known as a guy that would bring the big hit. Now he can't do either. I really hope we lose him soon, but you know they are probably just going to give him an extension. He is the only Cowboy that I constantly yell at the TV for. Him and when TO drops a ball.

5. BigOHorn

BigOHorn 100+ Posts

in 2006 we resigned him to a $25.2 million contract through 2010. with $11 million guaranteed....he ain't going anywhere until after 2010.

In 2006 prior to his extension, he lead the team in takeaways AND interceptions...he also was second on the team in passes broken up...what happened you ask...he got PAID and now couldn't give two shits about the cowboys or the team...

6. ilsa

ilsa 100+ Posts

(this year he led the team in solo tackles)

7. Eastwood22

Eastwood22 250+ Posts

thats awesome... if he was a linebacker...

8. 4realhorn

4realhorn 500+ Posts

The cloak was pulled from our eyes that one faithful night in Dallas when Santana Moss burned him deep, not once, but twice in the 4th quarter to push the Redskins ahead for a 14-13 win. That game was the turning point in Roy Williams' career. He can't even do the one thing he admittedly use to do well (tackle) anymore.
    Roy WIllaims is very bad at football.

9. Leftwith

Leftwith 500+ Posts

Sooner here.

Sadly, I agree with the sentiment that he now sucks. I don't know what happened, but somewhere along the way, he lost his confidence and aggressiveness. It seemed the happend around the time he got dumped by Kelly Rowland. That's all I've got, and it's probably dead wrong.

10. toucan82

toucan82 1,000+ Posts

a caller to one of the local sports radio shows asked about a possible Good Roy/ Evil Roy trade.... I almost caused a 20 car pileup due to excessive laughter

11. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

He coudln't cover a mattress with a quilt. He's made a career on the basis of one play. One play. And we all know what play that was.

It's sickening to think of him going to the bank with all that money for ******* up on the job so much. If I were that bad at my job, I'd have been fired long ago.