The Deadliest Warrior

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by Scipio Tex, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Scipio Tex

Scipio Tex 100+ Posts

It's on Spike. Anyone else think that this is great fun?

I actually found a preview of future matchups on the website as well. Some of them are just bizarre.
    The Link

Curious as to your thoughts.

2. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones 500+ Posts

What week is Alien v. Predator? i want to see that episode.

3. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

I was pulling for the gladiator and the Viking and was bummed. Particularly the gladiator because they trained constantly in close combat. The Apaches on the show were kind of hard to take.

The show is pretty good. I like some of your match-ups. Most of these cable shows that last an hour leading up to a 3 minute payoff video (undersea exploration, buildings being blown up, etc.) don't hold me the full time. But guys chopping ballistic-gel mannequins and calf cadavers is a pretty good time filler.

How about Cossack versus US Cavalryman?

Real Army (West Point) versus Fake Army (you know who)?

4. Scipio Tex

Scipio Tex 100+ Posts

Roma:

I didn't quite buy the Apache vs Gladiator result, but when you consider that the Apache had a bow and the Gladiator wielded a sling - some of those fights were over before it got to close combat.

Agreed - the Apache demonstrators were a bit too caught up in their own legend.

Viking-Samurai was fun. They actually gave only the Samurai a bow, which is odd since Vikings used bows and were good shooters too. Both groups of demonstrators were impressive in that one. I would not like to be on the wrong end of a Japanese katana or a Viking battle axe.

Oh well, it's good guy stuff to pass the offseason.

5. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

So who do they put up against a Navy SEAL?

6. Scipio Tex

Scipio Tex 100+ Posts

Probably not a Somali pirate

7. Ramathorn

Ramathorn 1,000+ Posts

Noone beats a ninja. I'll lean towards the Asian peeps, they knew karate.

8. 71grad

71grad 1,000+ Posts

It's an enjoyable group of idiots suffering from testosterone poisoning and pretending they know some history. Not to bad for Spike.

9. RomaVicta

RomaVicta 5,000+ Posts

The Apache was very proud of his archery. Compare him to the Samurai archer on the show who was calling out which eye he would hit.

Apache vs Samurai. Let's do it.

10. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

The Mongols need a crack if they're going for horse archery.

I'd like to see Kataphraktoi versus some of the European heavy cavalry.