The Dig Pub

Discussion in 'Around Austin' started by numbereleven, Jan 29, 2008.

1. numbereleven

numbereleven 250+ Posts

Wanted to share a great spot: The Dig pub in Cedar Park. I had some friends tell me about this place and finally tried it out. I'm totally impressed, and went again over the weekend. My only gripe is that it is a bit small, gets crowded quick.

I counted 26 beers on tap, all American craft (and Shiner Black). Crazy good stouts, IPAs, pales, you name it. For those of us who live NW, it can't be beat. All Texas beers are like 2.50 on Sundays.

Linky

2. TxStHorn

TxStHorn 1,000+ Posts

Right up the street from me, and I drive by it every day on the way to & from work.

Have been wanting to check it out, so glad to hear a review.

3. VacantlyOccupied

VacantlyOccupied 500+ Posts

Solid place. I hope they stick around for a long time.

4. GhostOfTomJoad

GhostOfTomJoad 500+ Posts

Finally checked it out after driving by it a number of times. Mrs. Ghost & I were really impressed. It's small (I counted 40 seats inside plus maybe 10 more on the patio) but that will probably help them manage the business in the early stages. It's definitely got a laid back vibe & the potential is outstanding. They're going through some start up/growing pains, however. They were out of a number of their draughts & the kitchen was closed (cook apparently walked out) but they brought us some pretzels w/ a couple different kinds of spicey mustards as an appetizer.

All in all it's a great, cozy place w/ a nice, relaxed atmosphere & great beer & wine offerings. We're definitely going to be hanging out there frequently since we're only about 2 miles away. If you live in or near Cedar Park you've gotta give the Dig Pub a try. This is the type of place CP has desperately needed & it's definitely going to need support in the early days.

EDIT: Hey TxST Horn, you by chance weren't @ the Dig yesterday between around 6 - 7, were you? I noticed a guy @ the bar wearing a Texas State ballcap. My wife & I were at a table right across from the bar.

5. TxStHorn

TxStHorn 1,000+ Posts

No, wasn't me.

But it might be next time!