The Easiest Class at UT is.......

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by RyanUTAustin, Aug 16, 2006.

1. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

I need some help....I need any 3 hour class for the fall 2006. It doesn't matter what it is, I just want it to be an easy A. Does anyone know what class to take?

2. Dr Fear

Dr Fear 500+ Posts

When I went there in 98-03 it was Private Pilot Aeronautics.

3. midtown

midtown 1,000+ Posts

KIN 366 baby!

4. EJC+1

EJC+1 250+ Posts

I'm not sure any 3 hour class is going to be an "easy A." The truly easy classes I had were my 1 and 2 hour Kinesiology coaching classes. Although I never took Human Sexuality, I did hear it was somewhat easy, but hard as f**k to get into. The other 3 hour KIN classes weren't terribly hard, but not a walk in the park either. Their was some work involved.

With that said, I always that the easiest class I ever took at Texas was Intro to Sociology or one of those intro Multi-cultural classes that you took instead of a foreign language.

5. bluto

bluto 500+ Posts

EDP 310.... little bit of work involved but automatic A

6. iplaydrums

iplaydrums 100+ Posts

KIDDY LIT

7. CaboWabo

CaboWabo 500+ Posts

8. mdmost

mdmost 100+ Posts

Agree with those who state Human Sexuality being the easiest A. You can take both the KIN and EDP versions like I did. God that helped my horrible GPA my senior year.

9. jshorns03

jshorns03 25+ Posts

Business Foundations Marketing with Carner

Classical Mythology (but I loved that ****)

For me, easy was anything other than my electrical engineering classes.

10. TxTrmpt04

TxTrmpt04 25+ Posts

Integrated Communications for Sports

Test are easy and if you go to class, the material is actually pretty interesting. When I took it about half the class only showed up on test days.

11. Swiffert

Swiffert 250+ Posts

Human Sexuality, i'd recommend Brownstein but i hear both of the teachers are solid.

12. AstroVol

AstroVol 500+ Posts

EM 390: Elastic and Inelastic Structural Stability

It is a graduate level engineering mechanics class. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. Here is the class:

4 students and 1 professor.
    Go to class.
    Buy the textbook, because the professor wrote it.
    Sit around and talk about how things were when the professor was a boy, which I'm guessing was around the time Mr. Burns was born.
    No homework of any kind.
    No exams of any kind.
    No work of any kind was ever turned in.
    Occasionally, if the professor felt like it, we would do a problem on the chalkboard and discuss it.
    It was a Tues/Thurs class, and class was cancelled at least once a week.
    Everyone got an "A".

The only catch is I'm sure the prerequisites would prohibit a non-engineering undergrad from taking it, but as far as easy classes go, I can't fathom an easier one. A corpse could literally pass if it just stayed in the classroom.

13. DMLonghorn

DMLonghorn 100+ Posts

98-01 private pilot aeronautics was damned easy. but i'm also a pilot. the thing is, the tests are just pulled from the test bank of the FAA written exam which all questions are published so all you have to do is memorize the questions and answers. you can literally come out of that class with 100% without any real effort.

human sex was good. i don't even remember what we did or if it was easy or not, but it was a cool class.

kiddie lit is a trap class. it turns out you actually do have to read the books. but thats all you had to do. i went to every class before the first test and got a C, and then didn't go to a single class afterwards and got a 96 and 98 on the tests or something like that. i still had to take it pass fail though because i couldn't get an a after the first test

14. Clever Username

Clever Username 100+ Posts

Of those mentioned, Kiddy Lit will also have the best "scenery" for when you're not paying attention.

15. Hellraiser97

Hellraiser97 500+ Posts

I don't know if it was the easiest, but it was easy and fun.

Jazz Appreciation

16. MGS

MGS 500+ Posts

Self-paced Astronomy
    (at least when I took it 12 years ago)

17. GatorDave

GatorDave 500+ Posts

I'll second the EDP 310 suggestion. You'll get to meet a lot of football players, if that's any indication.

18. suttree

suttree 500+ Posts

Yes, the key is football players. Befriend one early on, and get the "recommended class schedule." They register before everyone else, so there are no guarantees, but try. I will never forget my SPE 312 class (training the speaking voice) where half the guys were on the team. They were rapping their finals and ****. It was effing awesome, especially the after-class drunk fest at Nasty's.

19. conVINCEd

conVINCEd 25+ Posts

Risk Management 357e. Only if the professor is Arnold. Look it up on pick-a-prof, like 88% of students get an 'A'. It is a relatively useful class (all about the insurance industry), and absurdly easy.

20. lazytexasfan

lazytexasfan 100+ Posts

21. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

RTF 301 (i think) intro to media studies was easy. just have to go to class. we had 4 50 question tests, many of which are common sense easy.

MUS 30? history of rock music wasn't the absolute easiest class i figured it would be, but i enjoyed reading the material and it was pretty easy.

22. hookem115

hookem115 100+ Posts

I had Daley for Human Sex. I have heard she is better because she doesnt call students out the way Brownstein does. Carner's marketing was pretty easy. Also there was Integrated Communication for Sports taught by Fortunato. I liked that class a lot and it was easy.

23. 319waggle

319waggle < 25 Posts

Greek and Latin terms in the English Language. Show up, get the study notes from Paradigm, and take 7 quizzes, the lowest of which is dropped. The class ends 4 weeks before the end of the semester and there is no final. The quizzes were 20-30 questions and we straight from the Paradigm notes. Got 3 hours of A for about 3 hours of study time the entire semester.

24. TheOrangeBull

TheOrangeBull 100+ Posts

STAT 310 - of course that was in 1974, the hardest part was looking like you didin't have a ******* clue when you went to turn your deck in to run your programs in the computer room of the BEB. If you looked like you knew what was going on you would get innundated with questions about programming from the business majors that didn't have a ******* clue. The best part was not having to go to class or take any tests or the midterm or final after the third week because the instructor was tired of having me correct him in class and offered me an A if I didn't show up anymore. [​IMG]

25. MulletsGalore

MulletsGalore 25+ Posts

"Training the Speaking Voice" is almost required coursework if you are involved in UT athletics. It's been a staple of the football program since at least the early 80's (I took it in 1984).

26. TXSNOS

TXSNOS 1,000+ Posts

27. gsoda3

gsoda3 250+ Posts

28. Hellraiser98

Hellraiser98 25+ Posts

Communication 316M, Communication and Ethnic Groups

This one is as easy as it gets. Just answer "Whitey is the devil" on every single question and you're solid.

"So why is the Native American's single tear so important here?"

"Uhhh... 'cause Whitey is the devil?"

"You make a great point. Thank you."

29. Vibro_King

Vibro_King 100+ Posts

That intro to RTF is not an easy A. At least when Horace was teaching. I was in the class during the infamous seizure lecture. Big class at the UTC and a student had a seizure and the paramedics came, rolled her out on a gurney, but the llecture kept going. Crazy. Same prof. also revealed he cried when Magnum P.I. was cancelled. Fun times, but not really easy. Alot of the communication intro classes are trap classes.

My vote? History of Rock n Roll. If you can't write an essay about your favorite rock band - maybe college isn't for you.

30. Swiffert

Swiffert 250+ Posts

i had 2 draft picks in my edp 310 class. huff and vasher.