The ebola czar is a

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by CedarParkFan, Oct 17, 2014.

1. CedarParkFan

CedarParkFan 1,000+ Posts

lawyer.

This guy (obama) is absolutely pathetic. We have no leadership as it is and we don't need an ebola czar.

2. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

What was needed was maybe someone with medical or related background, or some stature that represented stability, control, confidence.

What we got was a political operative. Almost looks and talks like a White House Press Secretary.

He's to report to/through the likes of Susan Rice and that level staff.

3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

I don't know anything about this dude but what we need is a "crisis" manager similar to a FEMA Director. If you can't find one that also carries Doctor credentials then that's great but we need someone that can manage efforts here and in West Africa to control the spread.

I can't speak to whether this guy is a good manager, can you? If so, you're eminently more qualified to comment than I.

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

In the past the criteria for FEMA Director was a guy who put on Horse Shows and Pageants (something like that). Biff's aboud on both sides of the spectrum. If this is a crony pick, shame on him. But if this guy is a good manager, I don't know that MD's would necessarily make one, so be it.

Hell, they can get a Girl Scout leader for all I care if they can manage the tough days ahead when the general public starts overreacting.

I don't know enough about the dude to critique him so my jury is out. (I did not vote for Obama nor am I a fan of his, fyi).

5. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

President Ebola strikes again.

6. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

More than just a lawyer...he's the GC for a private equity firm.

7. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

I put this on the other thread:

8. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

this is a bad appointment for an unnecessary position. It is one of those "lets look like we are doing something" moves.

The worst appointment of this type was when Reagan appointed a chain smoker to be Drug Czar.

9. Musburger

Musburger 500+ Posts

This is the most corrupt administration of all time. The sad thing, once Obama is gone, whomever the next President is, it's guaranteed that nothing will be cleaned up. The entire apparatus is now bought and paid for by special interests and criminals.

10. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Bill Bennett said on his morning show; "I was a Czar and this guy is no Czar".

Apparently when Bennett was Drug Czar for Reagan, he had full budgetary power over a number of agencies who were involved in the drug war. This "Ebola Czar" has no budgetary power and he reports to Susan Rice of all people.

This is Obama appearing to do something and doing nothing; just like the war against ISIS. The country felt like nobody was in charge, so he gives the low information voters a placebo to make them feel better.

11. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Bill Bennett was a petty tyrant and blowhard who chainsmoked tobacco cigarettes while encouraging law enforcement to imprison as many pot smokers as possible.

He was a disgrace and should have been thrown in the clink himself.

And he was a gambling addict as well.

He writes fairly well.

And went to UT

12. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

"This is the most corrupt administration of all time. "

What, exactly, do you base this on? What kind of data do you have?

" The sad thing, once Obama is gone, whomever the next President is, it's guaranteed that nothing will be cleaned up. The entire apparatus is now bought and paid for by special interests and criminals."

I don't disagree with you, but do you think this is something that has happened just in the last 6 years?

13. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts