The Fairgrounds on Friday

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Ignatius, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Ignatius

Ignatius 1,000+ Posts

Has anyone ever been to the State Fair the day before the OU game, during the day? We're going up Thursday night to stay with the in-laws over the weekend, and my MIL wants to take a couple of relatives in from Germany down to see the fair on Friday. Is there any traffic to speak of if we head down there after morning rush hour and head back before the afternoon rush? Can you park relatively close to the main gates in the lot you enter from Haskell, or (like on gameday) do you have to drive way the hell down the the Fitzhugh overpass?

2. BLESSMEHORNS

BLESSMEHORNS 250+ Posts

im going on friday...thinking of taking dart

3. Longhorn338

Longhorn338 25+ Posts

We went on Friday last year, arrived about 12 noon. No traffic to speak of, parked right by a gate for $10. I think they are raising the parking price to $15 this year.

4. Lone Star

Lone Star 500+ Posts

My wife and I typically go to the Fair on Friday afternoon. Love the Fair and it is great to see all of the stuff that I am too wound-up to enjoy on Saturday as I am all about the game.

Lots of Texas and OU fans in gear on Friday. Parking and traffic are easy. Would also do the DART just to by pass the hassle. Just look up the timetable on:

DART.org
    bigtex.com

If you at all like the Fair, then you are going to like Friday. Especially if you have relatives who have not attended.

5. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

We started going on Friday mornings, and there is some traffic, there are a few thousand that go to the fair that day, but nothing like Saturday. It would be a great day to take the DART to the fairgrounds.
    I guess most of the traffic is normal Dallas traffic, though. You can park in the fairgrounds lots, no problem.
    It's hard to see much of the fair on Saturday.

6. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

I would assume the same is true of the following Sunday?

7. Lone Star

Lone Star 500+ Posts

8. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

No Cowboy game this Sunday (hope Roy is at the RRS) but still should be pretty good. Thanks!

9. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

Roy's Texas teams never beat the Sooners, so I'm not sure I want his bad luck on the sideline for that game. [​IMG]