The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Good grief. Hamas paid the people to do this knowing what the IDF's response would be.

Read this:

"Organizers of the “protests” are telling demonstrators that they should attempt to burst through the border fence, and lying that Israeli soldiers were “fleeing their positions.” According to the Jerusalem Post, “Some 35,000 Palestinians were reported by the IDF as taking part in violent protests at 12 different locations along the fence, throwing stones, explosive devices, and Molotov cocktails at the fence and IDF troops, burning tires, and other burning objects with the intention of setting fires in Israeli territory. The Jerusalem Post witnessed at least six incendiary kites, with two setting fires in fields near Kibbutz Nahal Oz.” At one outpost, Palestinians laid an explosive device. The IDF spokesman, Ronen Manelis, says that Hamas is paying families to protest, and that Hamas was planning to use the protests as cover to abduct soldiers."

This is what the IDF went through. They had every right to protect themselves.

2. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

They were not protestors. Protestors hold signs and shout (typically stupid) slogans. These folks were threatening violence and death to Israeli citizens, and so were met with the same.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

They did more than threaten violence. They attacked Israeli soldiers.

4. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Listen to that logic...

- Hamas is paying people to protest...35,000 people. Really think that was why all of them were protesting? Somewhere along the way someone will suggest that George Soros paid them all. Give it time.
    - Protesters were threatening with stones, moltov cocktail, 6 incendiary kites (lit fires in 2 fields)

All that resulted in 0 Israeli deaths and so far no reported injuries.

Meanwhile, 55 Palestinian deaths and 2700 wounded. Proportionality?

5. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

You guys are unbelievable. The protesters were supported by Hamas, an organization known for promoting love and peace throughout the world. The deceased protestors were just out to buy some skittles and were mercilessly killed while holding their hands up in a “don’t shoot” position. Come on man!

6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You missed the part about throwing explosive devices. They're being paid by Hamas. At least that's what the IDF spokesman said. If you disagree take it up with him. Proportionality? What does that have to do with anything? If their physical well being is being threatened with weapons they have a right to use deadly force. Do you really think IDF soldiers should be harmed or even killed before soldiers can open fire? That's ridiculous. Thankfully no innocent IDF soldiers were harmed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Proportionality in dealing with terrorists! Gotta love it.

8. Sangre Naranjada

He still dogmatically uses the word "protestors". You'll never get anything through his brainwashed head.

9. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

Teenager throwing rock = terrorist that should have been shot. Got it.

I have heard that Israel has a right to protect its borders. Every day Israel goes and takes land from Palestinians and declares it Israel. So I have to ask, do the Palestinians have any right to defend their borders?

Again, Israel keeps taking Palestinean land without paying just compensation. What is to become of the Palestineans when they have no land left? Where do they go? What is the end game of this?

It sounds like the Israeli/hornfans final solution is to call them all “terrorists” and murder them when they protest and claim a rock thrown or a burning kite justifies killing 55 people and shooting 1,000+ others?

The logic being applied to defend Israel is the same justification the Nazis would have used during the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.

I do think Israel has a right to exist. I do think Israel has a right to defend itself. I do think Hamas and terrorists are bad. I do think Israel has the right to kill terrorists. I also think the U.S. can move its embassy to Jerusalem if it wants, wise or not.

I do not, as a Christian however, abide live fire being used on protesters that did not have the ability to hurt Israeli troops. You want to know how I know they didnt have the ability? Because no Israeli troops got hurt. They didnt even get close. What happened here was a massacre. I dont blame Trump either. I blame whatever Israeli officer gave the order to open up with live ammuniton. Mowing down people is wrong whether it is the British in Boston, the Nazis in Warsaw, the ROTC at Kent State or Israel at this protest.

Right now, Israel takes land without just compensation and continues to bottle up the Palestinains in large, diminishing, walled ghettos. If Israel wants peace, they are going to have to pay the Palestinians for their land and pay to relocate them somewhere else in the world. Or Israel is going to have to agree to stop taking land and recognize an independent Palestinian state on the exisiting land. Otherwise, the only endgame for this is going to be genocide either conducted by Hamas or Israel. If Israel does either of these things and Hamas/Palestinians still conduct terrorism and want the genocide of Israel, then I would say Israel has every right to defend itself how it sees fit.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Seattle Husker

You've stated it better than I could. A very reasonable position.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

So basically, you can throw all the molotov cocktails, launch all the fiery kites into neighboring fields, throw all the rocks you want, so long as an Israeli soldier doesn't get killed in the process.

You have Palestinians admitting on TV that they're storming the border so they can go in and inflict as much damage, kill anyone they can, until they're eventually stopped. Clearly a firm talking-to is in order for those guys.

In terms of the Jerusalem statement, that's ridiculous. Palestinians are rioting, setting tire fires and testing the Israeli border on a weekly basis. This was just another excuse, and the only difference is they probably wouldn't have been able to rally quite as many people to mount the assault.

Every president in the modern era has promised to move the embassy to Jerusalem. Trump actually did it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Seattle Husker

Do non-lethal riot control methods not exist in Israel? I've seen pictures of Israel using tear gas and other methods.

BTW- There was no report of any breach of a wall or barricade by Palestinians.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sangre Naranjada

Good. The Isreali's repelled them all.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Hamas lied to their people that the IDF was on the run, got them to storm the border, and got their people shot. This is on Hamas because they set all of this up. This is being used as propaganda and you gullible people are falling for this hook, line, and sinker.

15. Seattle Husker

[​IMG]

16. Seattle Husker

[​IMG]

17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

How does it feel to be a gullible fool spouting the exact **** that Hamas wanted?

18. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You people are not even aware how you're being manipulated.
    [​IMG]

19. Seattle Husker

[​IMG]

20. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

From what I know of the history and situation, the Israel/Palestine issue has always been decided by force and still is. Each side has suggested peaceful or political resolutions when they knew they had the political or military force to guide the process to how they wanted it. For a while now, Israel has possessed that capability of force. The weak side has always resorted to "terrorism", because that is all you can do when you don't have enough military or political force to decide the outcome in the way you want.

I honestly don't see anyway that this will change. The best thing is to stay out of it. Because both sides are willing to kill to achieve their goals. I personally know which side I would prefer to see "win", but the conflict is going to be bloody, either way, so I can't really support either group.

If you believe the Bible it will only get worse before it gets much worse and then after considerable death, there will be peace.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Seattle Husker

And you're getting your information from the Daily Caller? Brietbart? Look beyond the media portrayals at the data. 60/2700 Palestinians dead/wounded , 0 Israelis dead/wounded.

It was the Australian Foreign Minister that called for "proportionality" in Israel's response.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Sangre Naranjada

Look, he's reduced to posting copies of nonsensical memes. Awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Seattle Husker

Sorry. My adoption of the most common method of communication for conservatives on the Internet didn't take. JoeFan's been using that method here for years. Is it that you didn't agree with the memes or didn't understand them?

24. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

You mean the border that moves in the direction of Palestinians every day?

I agree that Israel has the right to maintain the integrity of their border. Again though, I have to ask, do the Palestinians have a right to their own border?

25. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

H77, the problem is that those borders are going to close in on Palestinians or Israelis depending on who is stronger unless a stronger army moves in and imposes their force upon the 2 groups. It is either that or one side wins a dirty battle.

26. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

I agree. The answer is to fix the borders and make two states OR take the money we give to Israel and use it to relocate the Palestinians. The problem is, I am not sure either side wants peace. They both seem to be content to kill the other side. Both seem to want to ignore borders and both want a “final solution.” At the moment, Israel holds the cards and they certainly are not trying for peace. I agree if it becomes reversed, Palestine would probably not push for peace either. Although with Israel’s nuclear arsenal, I am not sure it would ever truly become reversed.

I agree with you with staying out of it unless one side is actually serious about working towards peace. I cannot get behind murder whether it is coming from Hamas terrorists or overzealous Israeli officers.

27. Seattle Husker

Palestine turned it's back on peace when Arafat walked away from the Camp David Accords. Given settlements have increased under the conservative leadership for Israel, they clearly don't want peace either.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Sangre Naranjada

Where? Nobody in the Arab world wants anything to do with Palestinians.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

No, I don't follow them. Yeah, they also said the word "proportionality" when Hamas was launching rockets and Israel hit them back harder. It was a stupid thing to say back then and it's a stupid thing to say now. If you don't understand that Israel has the right to protect themselves against aggression then I don't know what to tell you. The fact that they lost nobody doesn't matter. I don't how you've let yourself buy into this stupid garbage.

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  30. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

That was the question the zionists faced in the 1800s before they invaded Palestine. They looked at North America, South America, Africa, etc. I really do not know, but I do know if their land keeps shrinking those people have to go somewhere unless Israel intends to commit genocide. This is why I kept asking “what is the endgame here?” Palestine supporting hamas and terrorism is not a viable way forward. Israel continuing to take land from Palestinians without compensation or plan for relocation is not a viable way forward. Like i said, I am not sure either side is interested in anything but “winner take all”. If that is the case, I am pro staying out until one side genuinely wants peace.