The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Dang! I agree with ShAArk here. Clinton is way more responsible for 9/11. Clinton and Ken Starr. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Enjoyed your posts on Confederacy Htown.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Trump appears to be looking for allies now that he's pissed all over those that have stood with us since WWII. Time to bring Russia back into the G-7. He's giving ammunition to the "not a witch hunt" crowd.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Turn Crimea back over to Ukraine. Then we can at least have a conversation.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sorry comrade but Russia is not a G-7

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Yes, I know. That's the point. If they'll give up Crimea, we can talk about letting them back in.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

She mad?

[​IMG]

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I have heard Canadians complain about their native milk, which comes in a bag. I also knew about the tariffs on US milk but did not know it was that high. Yikes. Yet many people think this is fine and we should just shut up about it

[​IMG]

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The way this issue is usually framed is that Trump is picking a trade war with the EU (and particularly with Germany) by threatening tariffs, but I haven't read any analysis about what the current state of trade laws are between the US and the EU. Very, very little of the news coverage talks about this.

So I did a little research and came across this article. The EU imposes pretty significant customs on US goods including a ten percent tariff on cars. (And for whatever reason I can't order beef jerky to my APO address for "customs reasons.") Seems like that would be a pretty important factor in deciding whether or not imposing tariffs is a fair thing to do, yet most news articles make no mention of it.

So why not just reduce or eliminate all tariffs between the US and EU? Seems like the logical thing to do, but I don't see Germany going along with that. Obviously, they don't want US manufacturers entering the German markets unfettered, but they really don't want the US competing with them for the rest of the EU market, with which Germany has a massive surplus. They're somewhat of a captive market, because no one else in the EU can compete with Germany. The US can.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is a great foto series

[​IMG]

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The NYT actually frames the Canadian milk issue as Canadian tariffs on US milk as a defense of the Canadian worker
    Uh, OK
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/09/world/americas/donald-trump-g7-nafta.html?smid=tw-bna

Same with 'our friends' the EU countries, and the UK even. Most all of them have tariffs on US quite higher than what we have on them. Isnt it cute how they never thought they were “triggering a trade war with the US” and harming their own citizens with these tariffs?

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quite the contrast
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We find ourselves in the weird position where lefties are now cheering for foreign countries to rip us off in trade just to ‘show those Trumpers’
    And even the odd Republican in name

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Says the washed up Senator who lost to the eventual worst president in history.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some interesting nuggets here

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Seems clear he stands with the globalists over the welfare of his own citizens
    If so, he is in the wrong job

19. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Fruedian slip?

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Two dictators being Singapore president and NK Kim.

21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

It was clear that she was talking about Trump. It has all of the libs going crazy today with glee. I guess with all of Trump's success they have to desperately cling to something.

22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Shssh - I was trolling.

23. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Sorry. I didn't mean to ruin your fun. :)

24. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

I heard it Live and knew suddenly the leftists would be Fox News fans and believe that is what they really believe about Trump. Pathetic.

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Trump is less than a demogogue than Obama ever was. What a joke.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The NoKos dont have their own planes?

[​IMG]

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Hillary Clinton on North Korea in private paid speech to Goldman Sachs (release by Wikileaks)

[​IMG]

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trudeau green with envy, as he tries to get some milk out of a bag

[​IMG]

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

White House says --

"the discussions between the United States and North Korea are ongoing and have moved more quickly than expected."

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That does look a bit gay.