The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Crossing the Swamp by John Mcnaughton

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Didn't Junker already say that the increase was happening "as we speak"? This is a good thing. Unfortunately, the EU soybean maket is 1/8th the size of China thus they can't make up for the loss of market share due to increased Chinese tariffs on Soybeans. Not sure farmers were complaining about trade before the tariffs as they were leading our export economy.

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF
    I didn't realize at first who all the people in the boat were. And the gators in the swamp are a nice touch.Sarah Sanders pushing a gator away is funny.
    John Bolton looks fierce.
    Just a neat pic.
    On a related note POTUS Trump has donated his salary every qtr. to things like education and the VA
    for the last qtr it is going to repair our military cemeteries.
    I tried to find a link reporting on Obama doing anything as worthy with his salary. He was already a millionaire from book sales when he took office.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  4. Seattle Husker

Vermont Sec of State trolling Trump...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

7. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I suggest we just do away with all forms of identification. I mean what purpose does it serve anyway? No need for voting nor shopping so the po po certainly has no need to know who I am.

8. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  9. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Yep. They're successfully brainwashing people into believing there's a gaffe when there's no gaffe involved. Look at SH above for example.

10. Seattle Husker

I challenge each of you to spend 30 minutes at the grocery store and count the number of people using their ID for anything other than an alcohol purchase. If you think that was Trump's intended meaning then you must be celebrating his lack of eloquent use of language. OR you simply like making excuses for him. Take your pick.

11. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Thank you for proving my point.

12. Seattle Husker

Don't believe what you see with your eyes or hear with your ears, right? You might be taking the talking point from DJT too literally.

13. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Like i said you keep proving my point. Sad thing is that you don't even know it.

14. Seattle Husker

I'm not the one that's being told NOT to make my own judgement based off my own senses. George Orwell indeed.

15. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

LOL! You are a shining example of how dangerous the MSM is. I have had to show ID many times while at the store to buy beer, write a check or use my credit card. I'm willing to bet you have as well too but you won't admit it.

16. Seattle Husker

How many people pay with check at the grocery store? Yes, for alcohol but do you consider that "grocery shopping"? All the credit card companies stopped requiring ID a few years back. Now you have to request your card to say "requires ID". Seriously, we're talking the exception being sold as the "rule" to justify a dumb statement.

17. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

It's sold in grocery stores, right? The no ID for credit cards only apply to Visa/Mastercard.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I suspect the White House loves this feud just as much as CNN does

Dear Diary,
    Today I demanded a woman say what I wanted her to say, and when she said something different and critical of me, I stormed out.
    -- Jimmy

Here is Sanders' response to Jimah

19. ProdigalHorn

I've already wasted about 5 minutes even paying attention to this complaint, so I'm not planning to add any more to that total.

20. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I thank any store that asks for my ID when I present a credit card. The whole voter ID message the democrats sell shows that they believe their voters are stupid. And they are.

21. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yep. Extremely stupid.

FWIW, Seattle, my wife and I still use checks at stores on occasion, including at the grocery store. And we are asked for ID every time.

The retailer I work for has a mandatory policy that IDs will be verified for any check or credit card purchase. There have been write-ups and dismissals of cashiers who flout this policy.

• Like Like x 2
  22. ProdigalHorn

I'm still trying to figure out why anyone would think it makes sense to respond to the argument that IDs are reasonable requirements since they are required if you want to pay with a check by saying, "Shows what you know! I don't WRITE checks anymore!"

23. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Maybe I just picked a bad day to take Seattle off of ignore.

24. Seattle Husker

Reverse that..."why anyone would think it makes sense to respond to respond to the argument that IDs are reasonable requirements since the are required if you want to pay with a check by saying, "shows what you know! I still write checks at a grocery store!"

This may be a microcosm of the left-right debate though. One side is moving forward while the other is doing their darndest to ensure that nothing changes.

25. ProdigalHorn

Ummmm... they didn't say that in response to Trump's argument. They said it in response to your claim that no one buys groceries with checks anymore, apparently trying to either refute Trump's argument or deflect from it by accusing him of being out of touch - which of course does nothing to address the point he was trying to make.

Your argument makes no sense because it's irrelevant to the point. No one thinks it's morally reprehensible or draconian or repressive - or whatever adjective you want to use - to require someone to show ID when using a check to make a purchase. So whether people do or do not use checks to buy groceries anymore is irrelevant, unless you can show that they don't do it anymore because the act of forcing them to show an ID was deemed too repressive, so they stopped trying.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I'm guessing anyone who doesn't want to get an I'd to vote doesn't buy booze or write checks. Right? They certainly can't cash their welfare checks if that was still a thing....or does a check still come in the mail? If so, how do they cash them without an id?

27. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

To ID or not to ID, that is the question. The answer: who gives a s***. Good Lord folks, I mean really.

28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

VolHorn
    "They certainly can't cash their welfare checks if that was still a thing....or does a check still come in the mail? If so, how do they cash them without an id?"

They get debit cards and we add money every month/ BUT they have to show ID to get the EBT cards or TANF cards.

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Have you noticed that the media does not discuss the economy anymore?

What happened?

3.9% unemployment for all Americans
    Record stock market levels
    4.1% GDP growth

Instead what we get is "muh Russia” and "Sarah Sanders was mean to me"

30. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Winning. If you were unemployed prior to Trump and now have a job, who do you vote for? If you were employed and now your check is larger, who do you vote for? If your retirement accounts are up double digits, who do you vote for?

• Like Like x 1