The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"We're just friends"

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2Q GDP was great, but the issue of whether the growth rate was sustainable was immediately posed

Today, the Atlanta Fed leased its latest "GDPNow" tracker figures for the 3Q. It bumped to 4.1% vs the prior 3.6%

Back-to-back-anywhere-in-the-4s would be very impressive

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

October NFP day -- Unemployment rolled back to 1969 levels
    Also, big revisions to previous NFP reports: +87k over the last two months
    Jobless claims fall to 207,000, a five decade low and, except for the height of the war in Vietnam, we now have the lowest unemployment rate in 65 years

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

But but he says rude things.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Oh come on he's just riding the trend that Obama started.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

It's good news, but the job participation rate is still low and trending down. The jobs creation numbers weren't that good. This is why wage rates are inching up very slowly still. Still, good news. Hope it continues. Some of the low job creation numbers could come from a lack of available labor, which would mean rates will increase soon.

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I read that it was a hurricane issue that will get resolved later.

11. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

The hurricane is one possiblility but that only affected a couple of states.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

You are on fire!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There is a "sexy Trump" available now for Halloween

[​IMG]

And a "sexy Al" too it appears
    [​IMG]

And someone even came up with a "sexy if Hillary had won"
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump last weekend: "I like Taylor Swift. But I like her 25% less now."

AMA Awards Show TV ratings this week: off 25%

Coincidence?

17. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Must be all those cord cutters illegally streaming with Kodi.

18. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Yes. Coincidence. Unless you believe all those who watched last year had a massive phone conference and decided who would and wouldn't watch this year in order to reflect the words of the President.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Was an attempt at satire :idk:

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

21. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

JF, gotcha. My bad.

Trump is so racist he even tries to jump Kanye in the oval office.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Mitch forced Chuckles to cut a deal on Trump judges so the Senate Democrats could leave town to go campaign.

Liberals unhappy (when are they ever not?)

This deal meant the Senate confirmed 15 Trump judicial nominees yesterday.
    3 on the circuit courts
    12 on the district courts.
    The total confirmed for Trump presidency: 2 SCOTUS justices, 29 circuit court judges, 53 district court judges. This is a record. And no doubt one reason for Trump's continued voter support.

Progressive outside groups immediately panned a deal Thursday on President Trump's judicial nominations, which is paving the way for the Senate to leave town until after the November election.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) announced a deal on 15 nominations — marking one of the Senate's final items on its to-do list before a weeks-long recess.

The agreement was negotiated by leadership in both parties, including Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.). And under Senate rules, any one senator could have objected to McConnell's request to set up the Thursday votes—no one did....."

Progressives furious about Senate judicial nominee deal

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  23. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Meanwhile, a panelist on CNN refers to Kanye as a "house negro", another says Kanye is what happens with "negroes don't read" and the host, Don Lemon, laughs:

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, that is so bad I dont even want to talk about it.
    Maybe a good time to restate my general position that the country can never move forward together until this double standard ends.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Where's Al Sharpton? If a conservative ever used the word "negro" or said "negroes don't read," he would never appear on TV again. And anybody who was laughing about it would be kicked off the air. Suppose someone came on the air back in 2005 when Kanye said Bush didn't care about black people and made the same remark. People would crap in their pants.

I'm no Kanye fan (though I do respect him for having the audacity to think for himself and to value the right to think for oneself), but the hypocrisy on this sort of thing is just astounding. Why should anyone take a claim of a "racially insensitive" remark seriously again? Such claims are so baldly opportunistic and phony that they're becoming a joke.

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Judges on a roll
    Set to music

27. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The next time you hear someone say "that will never happen" ...

.... think of how you would have responded if someone had predicted to you 10 years ago that this would be the scene in the Oval Office today

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

It is funny indeed. I'm a regular NPR listener and the general tone during Obama's tenure was predictable Dem-splaining "I know the numbers aren't great but Obama's doing all the right things" versus the current "Yeah, all of the measurables for Trump's economic policies are great, but here are all the 'whadabout' caveats". Always, upspin for Dems and downspin for Trump.