The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  3. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Who remembers how bad Obama was with the press? Remember Hillary jailed a movie maker?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There is only one reason why the US media has not covered this. They have not yet figured out to hang it on Trump. At some point, they will be told how to narrate the story.

5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF
    I have tried to find any news on this.
    The ONLY thing I found was our Embassy issued a shelter in place order for today due to protests.
    This is amazing that no media has covered.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Regarding the 9th Circuit's reversal rate. Some people say their reversals are high only because the circuit is so large. But the people who make this argument are (intentionally) ignoring the rate.

"The Ninth Circuit's summary reversal rate, so defined, is significantly higher than that for all the other circuits combined."
    -- D.H. Kaye, On A Mathematical Argument for Splitting the Ninth Circuit, 48 Jurimetrics J. 329, 336 (2008)

"In short, the summary reversal rates are too variable to be explained as random fluctuations, and the Ninth Circuit does significantly worse (is more likely to be summarily reversed) than the rest of the pack."
    -- D.H. Kaye, 48 Jurimetrics J. 329, 336 (2008)

[​IMG]
    --M. Todd Henderson, Justifying Jones, 77 U. Chi. L. Rev. 1027, 1028 (2010)

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  8. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Well the Pilgrims were religious extremists, but genocidal? That's silly.

9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Native Americans were conquering each other’s land when the white man arrived. Most of this is like the reaction to Trump: I hate him cause he won.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Heavily armed North Korean solders approach South Korean solders at the DMZ. The solders of the two warring countries shake hands and chat politely with each other. They are smiling. Two Koreas, connected.

Thanks Obama

12. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I agree not sure how that relates to my statement though. The whole genocide thing is attributing Indian deaths from infectious disease to purposeful elimination of them at the hands of Europeans, which is factually and unequivocally untrue.

13. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Obama was by and large neocon in foreign policy. After he did his initial apology tour he followed that up by foreign interventions and undeclared violence.

Trump has tried to change that I think. His work in Korea has been the most laudable. The deep state let him do what he wanted in Korea but i think he has had to go along with them on Syria and Saudi Arabia. I hope he gets a 2nd term and goes full bore on attack against the deep state. Peaceful negotiation for everyone and see what happens.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The French are rebelling against the Globalist Macron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Are you sure those aren't the gas protests?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Protests over carbon tax on fuel

17. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

If only the French had voted for the one that would solve all there problems: slow down immigration, lower taxes, lower regulation, quit money manipulation, improvement on self defense, etc.

One of their candidates was for all those things right?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

There was one (François Fillon), but he had ethical issues and ended up losing in the first round.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's all connected

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here Bloomberg admits Trump is succeeding in making China pay most of the cost of his trade war

In case you dont know, Bloomberg HATES Trump with the intensity of the heat of the sun, something they make clear every day, several times a day. Michael Bloomberg has his own interest in the White House too, as a Democrat of course.

Point being, it's a pretty big admission by this media outlet because you can rest assured they first had editorial meetings to try to find a way to spin it as a negative.

"President Donald Trump is succeeding in making China pay most of the cost of his trade war.

That’s the conclusion of a new paper from EconPol Europe, a network of researchers in the European Union. U.S. companies and consumers will only pay 4.5 percent more after the nation imposed 25 percent tariffs on $250 billion of Chinese goods, and the other 20.5 percent toll will fall on Chinese producers, according to authors Benedikt Zoller-Rydzek and Gabriel Felbermayr.,,,,,"

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

• Like Like x 1
  21. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

So the tariff was placed on items strategically. That is good. It may not end well though. The key rests with China now. How will they respond? They can respond so that it costs US consumers more or they can soften their stance and the tariffs can be removed. I don't foresee China playing nice. But I am no prophet either.

22. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

I wasn't a big fan of the Roberts nomination. But I never dreamed he would be so bad. I'm fine if he decides to resign.

23. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Roberts is abot like GWB. Statist in Republicans clothing. I didn't see it as clearly during his administration but dude was Clinton 2.0. He appointed Roberts who twisted logic into a pretzel to keep the ACA. Obama couldn't have had a greater ally. Then GWB was flirting with Michelle during McCain's funeral. Truly some sick ****.

24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Roberts shouldn't have commented, because a judge (especially the Chief Justice) shouldn't jump into political fights. It doesn't serve his interests or the Court's to get into a pissing match with Trump.

However, people fail to look at Roberts' fill record. He voted to affirm the ACA (a decision that was wrong but defensible under the precedent at the time), but overall, he was pretty hostile to the Obama Administration. He's not a conservative as Rehnquist was, but he's definitely more conservative than Sandra Day O'Connor (the justice he was originally intended to replace) was.

25. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

26. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

27. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  29. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Wow. Gorusch for private property rights! Rock on!

• Like Like x 3
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The new class photo
    At least one guy looks happy

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018