The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

One thing Mueller's statement shows is the integrity of the investigation. They are doing good work and staying above the political fray adeptly.

2. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I agree. It's all we can ask. An honest investigation with the will to close it with no charges if that is the truth; conversely, if he colluded then we must accept it. I hope the facts are clear and not subject to political interpretation but that sounds naive of me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Seattle Husker

They both are acting like adolescents. The new Dem strategy is to come down to Trump's maturity level and jump in the mud. Congrats to Trump's supporters. We now are being led by 8th graders.

4. Seattle Husker

I'm worried about Barr. Anything short of releasing the report unedited and unredacted will drive conspiracy theorists.

5. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You are so ridiculous it's not even funny. You didn't learn a damn thing from yesterday, did you?

6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

It showed he had to cover his ***. If the story was true that means it could have only come from a leak by his own people. He had to shut it down.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Seattle Husker

What was I supposed to learn? I awaited more info before commenting. Within 24hrs MSM and Mueller were correcting the situation. That's how it should work.

8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

:smh:

9. Seattle Husker

That's one perspective, I guess.

10. Seattle Husker

Do you have evidence to the contrary?

11. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

What is the streak of bad days for mainstream news media? Since November 2016?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

SH
    Are you pretending to not understand for the shutdown to end Pelosi has to be in DC? For Pelosi etc to be gone for a week means all the 800K will go another week with no chance for an end, Thanks to Pelosi being gone.

13. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This is like the people who complain about Trump playing too much golf (but didn't care about Obama playing a lot of golf and vice versa). Pelosi doesn't have to be in her office to negotiate a deal just like Trump doesn't have to be in Washington to negotiate a deal. She doesn't even have to be in Washington for the House to pass a funding bill. She can designate a Speaker Pro Tempore who can preside over the House to pass the bill.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

MR D
    Did she designate a Speaker Pro Tempore?
    There was no mention of that by any media when it was pointed out she couldn't negotiate when in Egypt or Afhganistan.

16. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

17. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The media doesn't report stuff like that. It would make the stories far less inflammatory and sensational. Whether she has or hasn't, she always can. She could also get on a plane a fly home. It's pretty easy to do.

18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I bet Trump at least knows which one of the 57 US states San Antonio exists in.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  20. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

21. Seattle Husker

The kids were there for the March for Life protest but instead chose to disrupt the Indigenous People's March getting in their way and reportedly shouting "Build the Wall". This is what kids are learning from their MAGA parents.

22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

23. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, I'm sure it was just a coincidence.

25. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

Sign the Petition
    Looks like these kids started a fire in their community. Chaperones and teachers on the field trip will need to answer for their part in this vile incident.

26. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Budgets and spending are supposed to be initiated and controlled by Congress. That leads me to 2 conclusions.

First, it is the President's fault when spending bills aren't passed into law. That means it was Obama's fault not Cruz's. Cruz was labeled as the reason for the previous shut down. Congress sets the priorities for spending. Not the President. This also means it is now Trump's fault. He doesn't get to dictate spending priorities for the country. He should get the wall funding separately. If the Constitution is going to work (it has been failing for a hundred years) each branch has to fulfill their intended role.

Second, Pelosi is the Speaker of the House. Since the Congress is in charge of the budget, she should be in DC pushing "her" budget. Sure, she can appoint someone to do whatever blah blah blah. Her *** should be at the Capitol getting "her" budger passed. Anything else is negligence. I personally don't care how much golf a politician plays. In general the less time a politician spends governing the better for the country. But when you are working through one of your most important governmental responsibilities it is your personal responsibility to go to work and get things done. Plus, thousands of citizens are having trouble now feeding their familiies because of your inaction.

Make no mistake Trump should yield to Congress on matters of budget. At the same time, the leader of the House should be working hard to get a compromise.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

If it is important enough for her to get on a plane to fly home it is important enough to not go in the first place and she could easily reschedule. It is not like this was some time critical trip for her and her horde
    .OTOH the timing is pretty important for the 800k fed employees here.
    Appointing someone else to negotiate in her place in her first HUGE job as Speaker kinda diminishes her importance in working so hard to get Speakership in the first place.

28. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Horn6721, your comment more or less agreed with what I said. Why the dislike? Let's not side with Trump no matter what. The government was designed to operate in a certain way. We need to hold politicians to the design. We haven't for 100+ years. Changing our expectations would be a good start.

29. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Article I, section 7 of the Constitution grants the President the authority to veto legislation passed by Congress. While separation of powers are delineated; the veto in fact provides a needed check and balance.

30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mona
    :facepalm:
    Hit wrong option. I blame my cell phone for it
    :headbang: