The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Your kids are listening! Anyone think that might be a breeding ground for a brown skinned person, regardless of citizenship status?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  2. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

First, what you wrote makes no sense.

Second, given that they are supporting their newly elected President, they seem very patriotic. I didn't see anyone being harassed. I did see another CNN logo, and another attempt to create a fictional victim, however.

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Everyone with a fence is now racist.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

OK ... I looked around the board and didn't see this one posted ... here is as good as any.

Am I the only guy who has been asleep? The first I've heard of this "contract" deal and this array of goals to accomplish "in the first 100 days."

If Trump would have STARTED with this ... or even had before Super Tuesday ... I might have actually warmed-up to the idea he's changed.

I know promises are like wishing in one hand and spitting in another, checking to see which one fills-up first ... but I sincerely never heard more than

WALL, Tariff on Trade/TPP/NAFTA ... it's gonna be great, believe me.

Term limits???? eh???

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/09/501451368/here-is-what-donald-trump-wants-to-do-in-his-first-100-days

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some rumors out there that Ryan will be challenged
    Maybe something to watch with regard to this topic

6. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

If this had been the main focus of Trump's campaign, I would have given him a hard look. I don't agree with everything there, but I like a lot of it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Term limits won't fly, and the use of PPP on infrastructure projects will have limited success, but the other agenda items will cause the greatest positive change to our political and economic systems we will see in our lifetime.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So Trump says he will deport millions of convicted illegal immigrants.

Who wants ot be the media reports this as "Trump to deport millions of innocent children?"

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

How to balance the budget in the first 100 days

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Appears true

13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Wow 25% will quit?
    That is a good start, as if they will actually quit.
    I did not realize there are approximately 5000 slots a POTUS fills,

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ben Howe is going to continue to be angry for at least the next 4 years

15. ShAArk92

ShAArk92 1,000+ Posts

Kinda illustrates how excessively expansive the Fed had become, eh?

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So, these good folks spent the last 1.5 years calling Trump a fascist and/or Nazi.
    If they do find common ground going forward, are they then Nazi-collaborators?

[​IMG]

18. Seattle Husker

That depends. Is Trump a liar if he partners with "Lyin Ted"? Is he a "choker", "choke artist" or "little" if he aligns with Marco Rubio? Is he a "psycopath" for bringing Ben Carson into his inner circle? Is he a "baby" for meeting with Barak Obama and working together on the transition? What about association with Chris Christie whom Trump said "he totally knew about it" in reference to the George Washington bridge? Would that make Trump corrupt?

*Note: Each quote is a direct quote from Donald Trump used to describe the individual or action during the campaign.

19. djimaplon

djimaplon 250+ Posts

"There's a dark side to American populism. Some people win elections tapping into it. I'm not one of those people." John McCain

You seem to suggest that's why were talking about Trump being inaugurated and not an outgoing President John McCain.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I would call that burying the hatchet
    Whereas Nazi-collaboration is a felony. Or, if its not, it should be.

21. Seattle Husker

Of course you would.

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

What a coincidence --

"TAIPEI — iPhones might one day soon carry “Made in America” labels. Key Apple assembler Hon Hai Precision Industry, also known as Foxconn Technology Group, has been studying the possibility of moving iPhone production to the U.S., sources told the Nikkei Asian Review.

“Apple asked both Foxconn and Pegatron, the two iPhone assemblers, in June to look into making iPhones in the U.S.,” a source said. ...."

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Are you guys going to be butthurt over this election for the entirety of the next 4 years?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The clock on the first 100 days has still not yet begun to tick, yet ......

For the low information posters/Hillary voters, this^ is the Gov of KY

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

27. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

The first of what should be many decisions having a positive effect on our economy. Nice work old boy.

• Like Like x 1
  28. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

Wake me up when Trump accomplishes something that didn't preexist the election. As the article you linked says, "Ford has repeatedly said it has no plans to close any U.S. plants and likely could not do so under the terms of the current United Auto Workers contract that expires in 2019."

Next, he should go to Berlin, confirm that the Wall has been torn down, and take credit for German Unification.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Arent you the same guy who said "wake me up when Twitter actually bans users on the right?" You miss alot by sleeping so much

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  30. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

They weren't going to shut down the plant. They were going to open a new plant in Mexico. Now, 2800 workers could be hired in the U.S. instead of Mexico.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/14/autos/ford-small-cars-mexico/index.html
    Within the next two years, Ford will no longer build any small cars in the United States, the automaker said Wednesday.
    Production of the Ford (F) Focus and C-Max, the only small cars Ford still assembles in the United States, will be moved to Mexico, according to a Ford spokeswoman. Ford has previously said it was opening a new plant in Mexico that would employ 2,800 workers there.

The Ford Fiesta subcompact is already being assembled in Mexico. The high-performance Ford Focus RS is made in Germany.

After Focus production moves to Mexico, Ford will move the production ofother vehicles into the Wayne., Mich., plant where the Focus is currently made, Ford spokeswoman Kelli Felker said. The automaker has said previously that the new Mexican plant will not result in any U.S. job losses.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/11/17/trump-just-took-credit-for-stopping-ford-from-moving-a-plant-to-mexico-but-it-was-planning-to/
    In a statement on Thursday night, following Trump's tweet, the company said it had told Trump it would cancel a plan to shift production of a single model — the MKC — from Kentucky to Mexico. The company last year indicated it would be moving MKC production out of Louisville, though it did not announce where it was going. At the time, union leaders said the shift would not cost any jobs in Kentucky, because Escape production would replace lost MKC production.

“Today, we confirmed with the President-elect that our small Lincoln utility vehicle made at the Louisville Assembly Plant will stay in Kentucky,” the company said in a statement. “We are encouraged that President-elect Trump and the new Congress will pursue policies that will improve U.S. competitiveness and make it possible to keep production of this vehicle here in the United States.”

In a follow-up email exchange, a Ford spokeswoman confirmed that the MKC production had been slated to move to Mexico.

This week, Ford chief executive Mark Fields reiterated that it was moving forward with plans to shift production of the Ford Focus to Mexico from Michigan.

Trump has criticized those plans, which the company says will not cost any American jobs, because other models will be produced in the Michigan plant instead.

• Like Like x 2