The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They revert to identity politics and social issues.

3. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I know he's a cuck and a RINO like I am, but Goldberg pretty much nails the true cause of the national emergency move. Link.

4. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

The same way Libs on this board quit responding to logical arguments on this board.

5. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I disagree with Goldberg. Trump is a good deal maker, but in order to make a deal you have to have two parties willing to deal at some level. I do think he underestimated how Pelosi and Schumer, currently, do not want to deal at any level concerning the wall. How many times did those two goobers approve wall funding and state illegals were a problem before doing a 180? They're schizo. You cannot deal with schizos because they cannot be trusted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

"The reason I point this out isn’t to gloat or say “I told you so.” It’s to point out that Trump — and his fans — get into trouble by constantly switching rationales for his presidency. In 2016, there were two central themes to the case for Trump. The first was that he was a fighter, a counter-puncher, a paladin against political correctness and all that. The second was that he was dealmaker who could cut through the stupid dysfunction in Washington. As he said when he announced he was running: “So I’ve watched the politicians. I’ve dealt with them all my life. If you can’t make a good deal with a politician, then there’s something wrong with you. You’re certainly not very good. And that’s what we have representing us.” Or in a presidential debate in February of 2016:

No, a good deal maker will make great deals, but we’ll do it the way our founders thought it should be done. People get together, they make deals. Ronald Reagan did it with Tip O’Neil very successfully, you didn’t hear so much about executive orders, if you heard about it at all. You have to be able to get a consensus.

And it’s worth noting that he didn’t say, “This is going to be tough and I’m going to need your help.” He didn’t say “These problems are hard and they’re going to require compromise or sacrifice.” He said it would all be “so easy.”"

The issue with Trump, from what I can tell, is that he's used to deal environments where both sides want to come to a reasonable conclusion, even if there's an overriding self-interest. He's used to dealing with people who actually have money or other investments at stake. He wants to make deals like a businessman with other businessmen.

He is now in an arena where he's dealing with politicians not as a businessman, but as a politician. He's vastly underestimated the fact that politicians don't HAVE to do ANYTHING if they don't want to. They have zero money at stake, the veterans are entrenched with partisan voters and don't have to worry about re-election too much, and they don't have to care about outcomes. They have no motivation to make a deal unless they actually believe in the end result. And even then, they are more than happy to say no and hold out for what they want. So you can't count on them being motivated by self interest enough to put aside personal feelings or passions.

His greatest failure was not pushing for legislation he wanted when he had the majority. Those people actually would have had something at stake, and might have been willing to compromise.

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I wouldn't go as far as saying you're a cuck. Trump hasn't been perfect on this issue or on a few other issues but you would have a hard time finding a president that has done more in two years. Trump's instincts are damn good.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Dude had to rework the song to get it past the Twitter-Nazis

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Exactly right. I would also add cheap energy. My theory is that people on gov payroll, on gov benefits, young people, or industries like healthcare that are recession proof prize the social issues about Econ issues.

11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He has handled his signature issue (illegal immigration) terribly. He handled some other issues better.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"Peter Schiff seems like a nice guy but he has no idea what he's talking about."
    - Sun Tzu

13. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Is "Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia" the new "Russia, Russia, Russia?"

Whatever happened to Russia, Russia, Russia anyway?

[​IMG]

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

~20 miles worth
    I think its on the NM side of El Paso

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  17. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – China is expected to propose buying an additional $30 billion of U.S. agricultural imports a year, Bloomberg reported on Thursday.

Reuters reported on Wednesday that China and the United States were looking at a list of 10 ways China could reduce its trade surplus with the United States, which included buying agricultural produce, energy and other goods."
    China expected to propose $30 bln more U.S. agriculture imports a year: Bloomberg | One America News Network

Orangeman unfit to be POTUS:brickwall:

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yet another historic US energy milestone hit -- Crude Oil Output hit 12M bpd last week for the first time.

In just a decade, US oil production has increased a 140% from 5M to 12M bpd, arguably the most remarkable energy success story in history.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  20. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

The US petroleum industry is so impressive. The technological advancements they made that led to that increase in production is mind boggling when you consider how much criticism they get in the media and the barriers the government places in their way. A true American success story.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Letting dead people vote, a California tradition

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump has now secured the freedom of 20 American hostages

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Ah now we will get another sordid revelation on Trump.
    Maybe OCD can accuse him of leering.
    Or Schiff will announce more investigations

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

That is the playbook. Anything to detract from good Trump.

26. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

990b156.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This might cause their heads to explode

• Funny Funny x 3
  29. Horn6721