The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Dont worry, its only a "suspension"
    She will be back making SNL bad again in no time
    (if not, some Soros group will hire her)
    Now waiting for one of you to tell us she is the real victim here .......

[​IMG]

2. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

The actual video after the meeting was genuinely amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

another good Tucker Carlson segment -- Here an immigration advocate admits illegal immigration is a means of punishing the US for the bad things it has done in the past

He keeps taking liberals apart with their own words. Some day these people are going to wise up and just stop agreeing to appear on this show. I dont know what he will do then

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Mexico has begun to deport the hordes of Cubans using Mexico to launch themselves into the US
    Is this a sign Trump has already negotiated the basics of a new deal with Mexico?
    Either way, what this does prove, beyond any doubt, is that Mexico could have been doing this all along

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Worth noting also that not joining the union team in the WH were US Chamber of Commerce President Tom Donohue, and AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka.

The Chamber is, of course, famous for crony capitalism
    And Trumka is very close to SEIU and AFSCME, which IMO, are the worst of the worst (although Trump did have Trumka by to visit prior to taking the WH)

Yesterday, the unions invited to the WH were skilled labor -- machinists, pipe-fitters, steelworkers, welders, building, construction and manufacturing unions.

Trump gets it. He knows who is who and what their differing motivations are. The Chamber of Commerce is basically a Wall-Street-funded lobbying group with a pro-amnesty, open borders, globalist agenda. They like to write legislation for Congress. They were excluded.

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ryan invited Trump to address a joint session of Congress Feb 28

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump meets with Big 3
    Gave short presser
    1. "Long term jobs is what I really want"
    2. Big push to build plants
    3. Reduce regulations
    4. Streamline permits

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Looks like Trump will sign one or two EOs every day for ~ a month.
    Even if possible, doing them all in one day would've been bad strategy.
    Had he signed them all in a day, they would have stepped on each other, and been lost in the shuffle, ignored by the press and/or completely out of the news in one cycle.

However, sign one or two per day and each one gets focus and attention. And, hopefully and crucially, generate daily stories about each action.

It's clever, and just the type of political tactic one should have expected from him.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

From April 2015 to now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A public service warning for some of you

14. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF?
    Wow not sure I like that, on principal only of course:smile1:

what does that mean? is this a new policy et to begin in Trump?

15. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Today, the DOJ asked a judge to throw out Microsoft's lawsuit asking for the right to alert their customers when the Feds request their data. This would likely have happened under a D or R administration. When I worked for a wireless Telecom (one of the Big 4) we were received ~250,000 requests a year for customer data.

16. Seattle Husker

As part of the repeal the ACA it's been reported that the Trump admin intends to push Medicaid back to the States in the form of block grants. Block grants are not a new idea but have been near impossible to pass because it puts all the risk back on the States. There is a model for block grants to the States in Welfare reform under Bill Clinton. Pushing the decisions closer to the need is a virtuous goal but it's also resulted in nearly bankrupting some states (look at Michigan's debt stemming from unemployment). As I understand it, the block grant essentially puts the States on a budget from the Federal government. If a State wants to offer more or different services then the State can do so knowing the feds only give XX amount. They lose the insurance of the feds covering overages and have to make difficult decisions of cutting services in the event of a recession/depression.

Overall, this isn't a bad idea albeit my experience in working with State governments (a major technology implementation for the State of WA) gives me little confidence in State governments.

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

As your attorney, I advise you to get a picture of SH, put it on your FB page as you
    And drink heavily

• Like Like x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump signed an EO to expedite his infrastructure projects
    -- "We can't wait for environmental reviews when our bridges are falling down."
    Poor Chuckles Schumer, he has so many different things to complain about. You have to feel for the guy. More to come too.

20. Seattle Husker

Where are the cries for EO overuse now? Just curious.

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

While signing the EO on the Keystone & Dakota pipelines
    Trump says -- "The pipes will be our pipes, built by our people, like they used to be."

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Using an EO to undo Obama's 3T EOs does not count as a Trump EO

23. Seattle Husker

What does that mean? Please demonstrate any Obama EO's on the TPP, pipelines or others that Trump was directly correcting. In the meantime...
    Just because somebody did worse doesn't make it right.jpg

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I dont have enough time in a day to bring you up to speed on everything
    Why not do this yourself?

25. Seattle Husker

Because none of his EO's to date actually are reversing any Obama EO's but rather are undoing regulations or are simply edicts in the DACA mode, attempts to avoid legislation. In short, your statement was ********.

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

What about the EO eliminating obamacare mandate? It is not doing away with a BO EO BUT it is chipping away at a BO legacy bill

27. Seattle Husker

Yet JoeFan claimed that these were EO's to overturn Obama's EO's. Is that one of those alternative facts again?

Honestly, I don't have a problem with these EOs but like watching those who have been so openly critical of EO usage dance. Wait until Trump starts golfing. JoeFan will turn into Mikhail Baryshnikov he'll be dancing so much.

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

29. Seattle Husker

The Trump Admin is playing whack-a-mole. The Badlands is the most beautiful place on Earth at sunset. Their Twitter account went rogue posting climate change information. These posts has since been deleted.

[​IMG]

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

If you have not figured out by now that Trump works, all the time, you are probably beyond redemption. I think he only sleeps ~4 hours a day. He likes it that way. He prefers to stay busy.

Think back to the wind down of the election. Trump was making two or even three appearances, per day, in different states. Hillary was nowhere to be seen. She would just disappear for months at a time. The press did not seem to notice. But Trump just kept chugging away. Every single day. Dude has amazing stamina.

So, yes, I would be a little surprised if he spends an entire year living on the golf course ala Barrack (at taxpayer expense). Which might actually be a good title for his upcoming book -- "How To Spend An Entire Year Golfing And Have Others Pay You To Do It" by Barrack "Arnie" Obama.