The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

3. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Disrespectful to every soldier that fought in that war, dumbass.

4. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

5. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

1. It's an Onion headline.
    2. What, exactly, has Trump done to respect the soldiers that fought in that war? Brag to his lawyer that he wasn't stupid enough to fight in it? Pick on John McCain?

Dumbass.

7. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I know what it is, fool.

I'm good with a joke about Trump. That is not who the "joke" is disrespectful to.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Cohen is saying that Trump really didn't really want to win the election and that Cohen himself urged Trump to run in the first place. While being grilled in testimony Cohen said that he didn't want to join Trump's staff, yet emails say differently. :lmao:

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  9. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

When asked who he thought he is, he said " a fool". He is a fool. A defrauder of banks, lies to Congress under oath, and cheats on his tax returns. He has lied under oath today, and in preparation for the hearing.

He is the classic, tragic figure of man. Fallible. Weak. Narcissistic. Governed by self-interest. He has the extreme version of these traits, however. He is difficult to feel sorry for, yet I still do to a small degree. Probably more for his family than him.

Lanny Davis on the other hand, is a front running, scumbag, biased assh---e. Same for Schiff for concocting this hearing to play Cohen as the useful idiot he is. Then again, the Democrats are doing no worse than Trump did by having their little lawyer play the fool.

I think it's time somebody invokes an anti-Semitism charge for abusing this rube.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

No, he said Trump didn't think he'd win. Cohen also said Trump would do anything to win.

You'd scream fake news were a media entity mistate testimony like that.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  11. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Cohen was a hack with no credibility when he was speaking favorably for Trump, and he's still a hack with no credibility. To any fair-minded person, Cohen's testimony should carry no weight at all.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Always gets me when someone points this out because I do not know a politician in the last 50 years I do not feel the same way about. Well maybe I’d concede a local politician or two but hard to do so on a State level, and NONE any longer on the Federal. Yep, I’ve become a total cynical old fart.

13. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Sorry if i misstated that minuscule point but it doesn't change the fact that Cohen lied his *** off, does it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Seattle Husker

He has as much credibility as Trump. Zero on both accounts.

Both lie incessantly. Only 1 is currently being punished for the lying.

15. Seattle Husker

The real shitshow is watching the hearing then watching all the misrepresentaions by the partisan twitter accounts on both sides.

16. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Obama got away with it too so don't complain.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It is sad that our government has fallen so far. Just embarrassing. I think most of our leaders are reasonably intelligent people but their cynicism is off the charts. Maybe we made them that way. We act needy and willing to accept anything that sounds local and good.

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

He's getting punished for two reasons. First, he lied under oath. Trump didn't. Second, he's a lawyer. There is no one for a lawyer to pass the buck to. So though lawyers often lie, they are rarely caught. And when they are caught, there's not a lot of mercy.

There's a reason why I don't do Twitter.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sangre Naranjada

Why do you even go to Twitter? That whole place is a cesspool.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Seattle Husker

Because it's the same **** that will eventually get posted here, and not get questioned.

In reality, on short term leave and run out of things to do one-handed around the house.

21. Sangre Naranjada

Ummmm, too much information, dude...:facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 6
  22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Seems to be worse when liberals are out of power.

23. Seattle Husker

The most shocking aspect of the Cohen hearing occurred at the end. After Rep. Talib accused Rep. Meadows or racism, Meadows exposed that he's close friends (BFF?) with Cummings and has an interracial family. In fact, he exposed that the women he trotted out to show Trump wasn't racist is actually a family member of his. Talib really stepped in it with that careless accusation. Talib will certainly not be on Meadows Christmas card list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Sangre Naranjada

Talib might be a more worthless sack of **** than AOC, and that's saying something.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Anybody think this "testimony" from a pathological liar that happened today comes back to haunt the dems? Also, having this ****-show going on when Trump is trying to get a deal with NK in Vietnam was totally classless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I believe this behavior is more generationally related than politically related.

27. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

This testimony confirms what everyone knows. Trump is the scum of the earth of a person. But he runs the country like a well oiled business. The democrats will try to impeach, but ultimately fail.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Love is in the air

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

That is 37,000 who can't overstay their visa.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1