The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I could have beaten around the bush but I decided to call a spade a spade. That was one of the stupidest comments that I have ever heard and he deserved the response I gave.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Two problems with this. First, it excludes Indians not taxed, not everybody who isn't taxed. Second, illegal aliens don't have the same tax status that Indians had. Illegal aliens technically are taxed. Do they all file returns? Mostly not, but they are subject to federal taxes. And to be fair, they do pay FICA, sales tax, property taxes, and even some income tax (whatever gets withheld if they don't file a return).

Trust me, I'm not a fan of how this works out. I think apportionment should be based on citizenship.

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Illegals only pay Fica and income tax IF they have fake id. Sales Tax, yes but since they are mostly doing lower paying jobs and since we know they send billions in remittances they are not likely big consumers.

4. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

“This just in. Racists don’t like being called racist. Film at eleven.”

That’s just too bad.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

You are acting like an idiot right now.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I’m not even sure that your insult is true. LOL - even your insults are lame.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I told you he was an *****.

8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm not making the argument that all illegal immigrants pay all the taxes I mentioned. Obviously they don't. I'm explaining by the illegal immigrant doesn't fall into "Indians not taxed" category. It's because they are not Indians and are not "not taxed."

9. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

What's too bad is that you ignored my question about how overturning the 14th could be racist as it applies to white immigrants. You blatantly think of it as only a minority thing which shows your ignorance. There are more than just Latin Americans coming to the US having babies. Also, FWIW nationality does not equal race. Seems you forget that distinction too.

10. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

It doesn't show his ignorance, it illustrates his own racism.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

MrD
    Got it.

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A Tale of Two Presidents ...

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This just in ....

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Can't make this stuff up. Tim Ryan (D), Ohio, just on Fox News. Says, of course, he's so disappointed that Trump would meet with Un and prop the guy up. Says Trump should be tougher and not meet with him asking incredulously what progress has been made.

They don't like when Trump talks tough because he will start WWIII. Then they don't like it when he's not tough enough.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

This guy, Ryan, is a candidate for President. He says 75% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. Of course, he can fix that, if it is true. But, of course, if it is true, wouldn't that include 75% of HIS constituency? Why can't he fix his own district yet we should vote for him to run the country?

16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF
    That Take if two Presidents is pretty telling.

Edit to add
    HiC I saw that.
    Maria questioned his stating things had not improved in Ohio. Said she would look into the facts. Saying people are living paycheck to paycheck doesn't necessarily mean people are not getting raises or not making enough money, it could mean they overspend.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  17. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

18. Sangre Naranjada

Another? Who was the first one? This is a definite first as far as I am aware.

19. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

It's funny, but I don't believe you. Texas GOP policymaker Ray Myers says 'hi' and MAGA! You know him. Not just yer run of the mill Vider/Jasper type Trumpster racist. But a racist policymaker in Texas GOP politics. Go figure, huh.

20. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

The 44% to 46% of Jasper County that votes democrat; are they racist?

21. Sangre Naranjada

Never heard of him, but then again, I don't spend my time learning about policymakers. I doubt he is racist, though, and I certainly would not paint him as such based solely on your assessment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

23. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

:bow: NAILED it! :bow:

24. Sangre Naranjada

Here's his quote:
    I am Anglo and I’m very proud of it, just like black people and brown people are proud of their race. I am a patriot. I am very proud of my country,” Myers explained in an interview with the outlet. “And white nationalist, all that means is America first. That’s exactly what that means."That’s where the president’s at," he continued. "That’s where I’m at and that’s where every solid patriotic American is. It doesn’t have anything to do with race or anything else.

You use the term White Nationalist to smear him. He defines it differently. Are you prejudiced against the otherly definitional? How bigoted of you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Well, he didn't even need to say nationalist and could have stopped at white because LH thinks all whities are racist.

For the record LH here is the definition of nationalist: a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and vigorously supports its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations.

I suppose being a white guy who strongly supports his nation is now racist. Is being a black nationalist racist too? Good going.

26. LongestHorn

LongestHorn 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

SN, I don't approach this issue in bad faith the way LH and other Democrats do. There's no intellectually honest reason for these kinds of comments to bother them. They're all for ethnic (and religious) nationalism when it's politically helpful to them. It's just basic identity politics. Their electoral coalition is built heavily on it.

However, the problem with Ray Myers' comments (and with Steve King's comments) is that they make race a component of patriotism and Western culture and civilization. Myers claims that race isn't a part of it, and he might just be a dumb old man who doesn't think before he talks. Many party activists are. (Steve King is not. He knows better.) However, if he's being sincere that race isn't part of it, then why include the adjective "white?" Why not just call himself a "nationalist?" That's a perfectly defensible and non-bigoted description one can adopt, but he chose not to do that.

Claiming that you're a white nationalist but saying race has nothing to do with it sounds like this scene.

28. Sangre Naranjada

I hear you, Deez. I don't give two squirts of **** how Longest Horn defines things. I am very comfortable in my own skin (no pun intended), and pathetic squeals of "racist" or "racist apologist" from the likes of him mean nothing because I know what's in my heart. I know how I was raised, and where I was raised, and I know what I have retained from my upbringing, what I have modified, and what I have fully rejected. I also know there are people who will like me, and others who won't. Whatever. It's a big planet. I'll coexist with them if they willingly reciprocate.

29. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

30. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Or wearing Che Guerrera shirts