The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This is pretty good if you have a little time. I dont know if this is the right thread since she covers several different topics, but most are Trump-related. It's interesting - IMO worth the time investment

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There is so much human feces on the streets of Pelosi's district that the city had to create a "Poop Patrol" that costs taxpayers $71,000 per year per human pooper scooper to clean it up.

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Hot Hot x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

NBC continues its streak of amazingly bad timing

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

An ISIS spokesperson could not be reached for comment

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Trump cleaning up Obama's mistakes. Hehehe.

Let's get LESS entangled now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Fed lowering rate is going to continue the DJIA bubble. Powell is talking about lowering it again. It is like a drug addiction. The solution is painful, and the longer you wait the more painful it is going to be. But it feels so, so good to keep take another hit. Just one more until you never wake up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Best WAPO headline in a decade?

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Where is the inflation we were promised?
    We were told Americans would be paying for for the tarifs through inflation. Where are those posters and their promises now?

My 2 cents worth on this -- In theory, tariffs are supposed to drive up prices on the targeted products. However China (and the EU too for that matter) has been devaluing its currency as an offset to the tariffs.
    The result is lowered prices. And that means on everything, not just the targeted items.

Furthemore, while Main Street has been doing better, Wall Street not as much. One thing that would help WS would be to get the USMCA through the House. This would help unclog WS flow of funds. The problem is that Pelosi knows this. She doesnt want the WS side of the econ to get rolling. So she is trying to tank ratification of the USMCA using ideas like bogus labor excuses (which are, if course, supported by the political bosses of the Unions).

It's a weird world we live in at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Third Quarter GDP +1.9%
    Main Street Consumer Spending Way Up
    Goods: +$64B
    Services +$36B
    Disposable Income +4.5%

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Let other countries do more of this for awhile.

18. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

There is a tweet for everything!

19. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Isn' that saying in the JoeFan post that the GDP is up 1.9%, not sitting at 1.9%?

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The 3Q was +1.9%, is that what you mean ?

21. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yes. SH posted a Trump tweet from 2012 where he said the GDP was AT 1.9% and the economy was in trouble. Apparently he misunderstood you post and put up that old tweet I guess in an effort to make Trump look like a hypocrite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Good to hear. But I have also heard of reductions in production due to higher commodity prices from China. China is always devaluing their currency, so I can buy the explanation. But like I said some industries are reporting head winds.

And Powell will never a rise in inflation, because the CPI is modified to hide it. So I don't really trust him either. The Fed Rate is still super low at 2%.

23. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Here is another hint. Declining economy and declining business investment means it isn't going to be improving soon. Investment today is growth tomorrow. No investment. No growth.

24. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I was a quasi look at the label for ‘made in China’ and avoid, now I’m all in.

25. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

The point is that 1.9% growth isn't good. With lower investments happening, that number will tend to go down.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Seattle Husker

The tweet clearly shows Trump IS a hypocrite. Had I the inclination and time I'm certain JoeFan would be proven to be a hypocrite based on his posts on the economy during the prior administration. Remember when 4% was a promise by JoeFan? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

27. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Not all 1.9% growth is the same, especially considering that Trump doesn't have the near zero interest from the Feds like Obama had. However, if you want to talk about hypocrisy I'll gladly mention how you yell "whataboutism" at others then do it yourself at every opportunity.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  28. Seattle Husker

Do you realize how funny it is that you attack "whataboutism" WITH whataboutism every time? It's circular logic, like most of your arguments.

29. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Just to be clear Garmel, 1.9% growth now isn't good. Lower Fed rates only prolong the drug addict economy.

Better to go cold turkey, economy finds real level, and grows from there. The problem is we don't know where the real level is as long as Fed manipulates money supply.

Trump can't let that happen in 2020 though. January 2021. Let the Fed rate go up to a historically normal level. 5%? Still low, but not the near nothing of the last 10 years. Then we can see what a real recovery looks like.

30. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Pointing out your obvious hypocrisy is hardly circular logic.