The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Bingo.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There was a positive surprise on NonFarm Payrolls
    128K in October vs. 89K expected
    This despite the GM strike subtracting ~50k jobs
    Employment was also revised 51k higher in Aug.
    The unemployment rate came in as expected at 3.6%, as the participation rate increased to 63.3%.
    The underemployment rate improved to 7.0% while average hourly earnings rose by 3.0% YoY as expected.

Summary - "Jobs market is very healthy and poised to strengthen as strike effects dissipate"

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Joe, we aren’t suppose to talk about that. :smh:

5. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

We’re all going to be working on the medical industry per the Dems.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Another Chinese Bank is on the verge of collapse, after a sudden bank run

First it was Baoshang Bank
    then it was Bank of Jinzhou
    2 months ago Heng Feng Bank with 1.4T Yuan assets quietly failed
    Today, it’s Yichuan Rural Commercial Bank

Chinese Bank On Verge Of Collapse After Sudden Bank Run

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  7. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

And black unemployment at all time low.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Hidalgo County

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

In the wake of this -
    The Dow ^ 300 points
    S&P 500 rallies to record close
    Best recession ever

Dow jumps 300 points, S&P 500 rallies to record close after strong October jobs data

• Like Like x 1
  10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

But but orange man bad
    Wonder how the haters on here will spin this?
    I am guessing they will have to wait to see how msm spins it.

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

More union corruption. Who could have guessed?

United Auto Workers President Gary Jones is stepping aside from the union’s top role, the union said Saturday, amid a federal investigation into corruption in the top ranks.
    The leadership change comes as the UAW is negotiating new four-year contracts with the Detroit auto makers. The union last month secured a new contract with General Motors Co. after a 40-day strike at the company. The union has a tentative agreement with Ford, which members will vote on in the coming weeks.

The request by Mr. Jones to step aside comes days after one of his top aides was charged in the U.S. Justice Department’s yearslong corruption investigation. In the charging document for Edward Robinson, a former union official in UAW Region 5, Mr. Robinson is accused of embezzling up to $700,000 in union dues. Attempts to reach Mr. Robinson for comment were unsuccessful.....

UAW President Stepping Aside Amid Federal Corruption Probe

12. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I give credit to American citizens for any positives in the economy. Not Presidents.

The best the government can do is get out of the way and people pursue their own lives. When humans get to do that on the market real beautiful things happen.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Nobody has to spin it, because it virtually isn't talked about by the political media. Obviously, they don't want it to become part of Trump's political narrative, and Trump gives them plenty of negative things to focus on instead.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The three major stock indexes (S&P, DOW & NSDQ) all moved toward record highs Friday following the NFP jobs report. Other parts of the world are not doing as well. Money is pouring into the US.

15. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Probably the guy with the most accurate numbers out there. The signals are positive. Here is the growth of working class level jobs, i.e. there isn't wage stagnation right now.

16. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

This actually contradicts something someone else posted about business investment. I commented on it assuming it was true. The data shows investment is strong though. This bodes well for the economy, if we could just keep the money supply stable.

17. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

This graph shows wage gap decreasing. If you are concerned with economic inequality, this shows low tax, low regulations will help to decrease it. Much of the inequality in the US economy is caused by government intervention, high barriers to entry, and unions increasing wages for some industries over others.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

#winning

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

In the end ....
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

How can the Dems win the election in 2020 when they are so outraged that Sean Spicer is still on the DWS show that they can’t even vote him off. :lmao:

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I forgot to vote but I absolutely will next week.

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

At least we know now who watches DWTS

23. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I’ve only watched it one year. It was the year that Marie Osmond started the show kind of chubby and lasted long enough to get a rockin body.

I just saw an article that the left is outraged he’s still on the show. :smile1:

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I watched parts of the year Emmitt was on.

26. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

that’s the year. I wonder how far that video was into the season. Because I think she was really leaned out like an athlete by the end of her run. She got the Nutri-system contract with her weight loss. She’s still hot for her age.

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

In hindsight, there are not many things Obama was correct about, including his predictions on ISIS

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
  30. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Beshear won his bid for Governor.