The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ted Cruz was involved in the provisions in the defense bill designed to shut down the Nordstream. He personally contacted the head of the Danish side about the sanctions that were coming, so they immediately stopped

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

How did this happen?
    He made more enemies , both parties, with this.

I know how it happened, just amazed it still happened. Cruz has voted against these bloated bills when they keep coming

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I doubt the bill changes anything. The pipe will be laid.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The new defense bill also signaled the blast off for the Space Force
    Home

[​IMG]

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

6. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Ted Cruz. He is calling out Trump. If that bill gets to him and he doesn't veto it, he proves himself to be a complete fake. Complete fake.

More than that it proves, proves, there is only One party in the US system. There are a few dissenters like Cruz and Rand, but other than that it's all one group.

More than that it shows that democracy has failed. Nobody will agree with me here. But I still believe it. Look at our FedGov and look at what policy is prioritized. Look at what is actually done. It isn't what the voters asked for, Repubs or Dems. We get what lobbyists want, what the intelligence community wants, and what the career bureaucrats want. I will still vote, out of habit as much as anything, but it doesn't really do anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It would suck for us because Mrs. Deez would get furloughed, but he should veto the bill. It is trash. It spends way too much across the board, and it has this idiotic smoking age increase, which shouldn't be the federal government's business. I'm also not a fan of repealing the healthcare taxes. I don't like them, but they're supposed to help fund the Obamacare. We haven't repealed Obamacare. The spending is still happening, so we should fund it. We shouldn't just send the bill to our grandkids with interest.

However, Trump will sign the bill. He doesn't want a government shutdown going into an election year, and Congress already voted overwhelmingly for the bill. He won't get solid GOP support if he vetoes it, and they might override him.

And why wouldn't he sign it? He's getting some things he wanted - a little bit of wall money, another boost in the Pentagon, and the Space Force. He doesn't give a **** about the deficit. He has made that very clear many times, and the public doesn't care. He has no reason to veto it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Not a good look for the US -- in fact the term "US intelligence" feels like a misnomer
    Maybe they were too busy spying on Trump to catch this?

" .... big news regarding corruption in Mexico's long-running war against the country's drug cartels. The FBI arrested Mexico's former secretary of public security, Genaro Garcia Luna, for allegedly taking millions of dollars in bribes from the notorious drug lord Joaquin El Chapo Guzman.
    -----------------------------

Business ties between former U.S. officials and an ex-Mexican security minister charged with taking bribes from a drug cartel have raised questions about what U.S. law enforcement knew about him before his arrest this month.

A former U.S. official who once headed the FBI’s office in Mexico and a senior ex-CIA officer worked as recently as last year with the accused Genaro Garcia Luna, one of the principal architects of Mexico’s 13-year war on drug cartels.

Raul Roldan, who was the FBI’s chief representative at the U.S. embassy in Mexico when the Mexican led national police, was among several U.S., Spanish and Colombian law enforcement veterans who appear in brochures as board members at Garcia Luna’s security company GLAC Consulting until last year.

“(Garcia Luna) had a very close relationship for many years with U.S. intelligence,” said Mexican security analyst Alejandro Hope. “If he did what they say he did, that is a harsh sentence on all the verification mechanisms of U.S. intelligence.”
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Work ties pose questions over U.S. intel on nabbed Mexican drug official

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  9. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Yet, the Dems, and by default, liberals and the media, think Trump should blindly follow the IC with respect to Ukraine and other nations.

Funny, I always thought those groups distrusted the gubment and Intelligence. Now, they are the saviors whom Trump should not question. Interesting.

10. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

As I said before you can now see why Trump trusted Rudy over the IC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. horninchicago

I could understand even before you told me. :ousucks:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I guess I was too "Captain Obvious". :lol:

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. horninchicago

That's what they call me at work.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  14. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Deez. Nobody cares about the big things that matter to the country. They, we, only care about the little things that make ourselves look a little better in some limited way. Myopia is a big problem.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Somebody has to tell them to worry about the important things and inform them of it. For example, how much media time in the last year was spent on Jussie Smollett (not very important and wouldn't have been particularly important even if the attack had been real) compared to how much was spent on the entitlement fiscal crisis (which is an existential long term problem)? The disparity pretty much says it all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Those who say that the strong economy under President Trump is merely a continuation of past trends are in full-scale denial. Before Mr. Trump took office in January 2017, the Congressional Budget Office forecast the creation of only two million jobs by this point. The economy has in fact created seven million jobs since January 2017. At the same time, the Federal Reserve’s median forecast had the unemployment rate inching up toward 5%, almost 1.5 percentage points higher than the current 50-year low.
    Opinion | Tax Reform Has Delivered for Workers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

My sister in law told me that this economy is the result of Obama. After I stopped laughing hysterically, I asked, “ what specific actions Obama took to cause this?” She stormed out of the room.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

#ThanksObama

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

China will lower import tariffs on over 850 products from Jan. 1, including frozen pork and frozen avocado, the finance ministry said.

It will also further lower import tariffs on some information technology products from July 1 next year, said the ministry, in a statement on its website.

China to lower import tariffs on frozen pork, avocados from January 1

ps - I think we are also now exporting rice to China -- how about that?

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

How good is the U.S. economy? So good that even CNN, the monomanically anti-Trump television network, was forced to admit it last week.

“As 2019 comes to a close, the US economy earns its highest ratings in almost two decades,” CNN reported, dourly relaying findings of a poll it commissioned. “Overall, 76% rate economic conditions in the US today as very or somewhat good, significantly more than those who said so at this time last year (67%). This is the highest share to say the economy is good since February 2001, when 80% said so. Almost all Republicans (97%) say economic conditions are good right now, as do 75% of independents and 62% of Democrats. Positive ratings are up across parties compared with August of this year, when 91% of Republicans, 62% of independents and 47% of Democrats said the economy was in good shape.”..."

Good economic news this holiday season

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The SP 500 closed at an all-time high again
    That was the 33rd time this year and 240th time this decade.

S&P 500 All-Time Highs by Decade...
    1930-39: 0
    1940-49: 0
    1950-59: 141
    1960-69: 224
    1970-79: 35
    1980-89: 190
    1990-99: 310
    2000-09: 13
    2010-19: 240 (still 1 week left in the decade)

[​IMG]

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He also outfiddled the devil

• Like Like x 2
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The SP 500 has returned more than 50% since the 2016 election. This is "more than double the average market return of presidents three years into their term" (the avg market return is 23% over the first 3 years, going back to 1928). The SP is up over 28% this year alone, well above the average 12.8% return of year three for past presidents. And year 4 is typically another big year.

Here is a reminder of what they were saying at the time. It's also good to recall these same predictions were reflexively and unthinkingly repeated in here at the time by several posters

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This one was amazingly prophetic, wonder if the Canadians banned it too?

• Winner Winner x 1
  28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The SP 500 has closed higher 10 times in the last 12 sessions.
    The two declines were for -0.04% and -0.02%

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019