The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I almost feel bad for these people
    Almost
    They got it pretty bad

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  2. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

CNN is so busy creating false narratives they sometime out themselves. Look at the headline and then the bottom line of the screen shot above.

Trump was joking. Blaming? No. He was being funny. In the original tweet Trump wrote "just kidding". The point being it didn't have any real affect on the movie. I laughed out loud when I saw the tweet. CNN gets filled with rage. What pieces of crap.

• Like Like x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

The media did this from the start when Trump got the nomination wrapped up. They would manipulate his stump speech to make it sound sinister. Fraudulent.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

The Leftist media twists everything to defend Leftism and weaponize speech to attack Conservatives.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Let me know when he invades Poland

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Wages for nonsupervisory employees — who make up 82% of the workforce — are rising at the fastest rate in more than a decade
    Rank-and-File Workers Get Bigger Raises

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Damn JF Those facts will mess with Bubba's claim that the Trump economy has not been good for workers.
    To be fair Bubba is not alone all Dem POTUS candidates and nearly all msm say the same thing. Wonder if any will walk back that claim?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

They reside in an another universe. Truth is inverted, or ignored. Nothing positive this potus accomplishes will ever be recognized. It's Politics Today.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

If you think about it, Trump is basically the new boss at a company where the employees have been stealing for years.

So explain to me never Trumpers and Libs how you can’t support this guy for President.
    It reminds me how Patrick Swayze had to clean house at the Double Deuce in Roadhouse. :beertoast:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  11. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Skeptical but hopeful

12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

So we can't trust Iran, but we can trust the Taliban. Not sure what to think of that.

13. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

At this point, we are trusting bad guys enough to get out of THEIR country.

I wasn't for the Iran deal, but my thoughts on the subject have changed since it was made. I also didn't know why it was bad to have a deal with Iran. Deals and dialogue are better than no dialogue. I believed that even before my shift, because without that the only thing left is war forever. You have to negotiate at some point or you are just trying to kill everyone.

14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

When you provide safe harbor and intentionally enable a terror group that directly attacks the United States and then refuse to turn the terror group's leader over to the US, you waive the right to say, "it's our country." In fact, they have no right to anything but an ***-whipping and for their religion and idelogy to go the way of Greek mythology. Anything short of that is gravy.

The worry I have about pulling out is that we're sending a message. You can help a terror group attack the United States and kill thousands of American civilians on American soil, and though we'll hit back when we're mad, we'll eventually get sick of fighting and go home. The sleeping giant will wake up, but he'll eventually get tired and go back to sleep. Well, don't be shocked if another bad apple relies on that lack of resolve and decides to attack us or harbors someone who wants to attack us.

I'm always willing to talk, but you can't always negotiate. You can't negotiate unless you're dealing with an honest party who's acting in good faith. Iran isn't. However, I was indifferent about the Iran deal. It's worthless to us, because we can't trust them and have no way to enforce it short of war, which we aren't willing to wage. Does it hurt us? It can, but it doesn't have to unless we rely on it and pretend it's worth something. If Iran wants a nuclear weapon, they can get one. That was true before the deal, and it is true after the deal.

15. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I am all for killing those directly responsible for attacking the US. In the case we are talking about that was Al Qaeda. For any in the Taliban supporting Al Qaeda, I am not against them suffering the same fate. But let's be clear, the US has been in Afghanistan for 18 years, the longest active war in US history. Any Al Qaeda or Taliban involved in 9/11 are dead and have been for some time now.

As much as I dislike Islam, threatening to kill all Muslims is a recipe for more death on both sides. It also gives radical Wahhabists an easy recruitment narrative. All they have to say is the Americans plan on killing all of us, are you man enough to protect your wife, kids, and family? It isn't a radical narrative either. Think about what that says about us Americans?

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I don't follow your logic. You are worried about pulling out of a backwards country after waging war against it for 18 years and killing many, many radicals? During that time, we didn't go hunt down the Taliban and kill them all, we fought them at the fringes pouring money into Afghanistan trying to build a liberal, secular, democracy.

So any state sponsoring terrorism against the US can expect death and destruction, and maybe the chance to get back into power in 18 years. But those people in power are not the same that sponsored the terrorism. Those guys are dead. You negotiate with the next generation of Taliban leaders.

The negotiation goes like this.

US: We agree to leave your country which allows you to take power. If you attack the US or provide cover for any who do, you will all die. Deal?

Taliban: Deal.

If they say no deal. You take out all their leadership and offer the same deal to the next group.

• Like Like x 1
  17. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Get the f*** out. Couldn’t happen quickly enough. After reading “Outpost”, Tillman’s story and other articles on that blasted war/country it has always disgusted me our boys (and girls) still die over there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The guy who currently runs the Taliban has been a leader since 1996. Involved in 9/11? Who knows? Involved in harboring Al Qaeda and protecting them? Almost for sure.

I'm saying what the Taliban has a right to, not what I'd actually do.

This is like saying that if Hitler had been killed, we would have been smart to just negotiate a deal with Herman Göring and the other Nazis. The problem with it is that if you don't put down the movement, the next generation will be no better than the previous generation.

And you grossly overestimate the severity
    of this war. You judge it by Western standards and how you'd feel if it happened in the United States. By Middle Eastern, Islamic, and even Afghan standards, this war has been pretty tame. You and I would crap in our pants if the Afghan War was happening around us. The Taliban and Afghans are not. They've been at war since 1979, and much of that time was with a far more brutal adversary. War is their way of life.

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's fine. Just don't ***** if we get hit again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

good luck with that

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I've noticed you do love your Hitler analogies. This must make you very popular in Germany.

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Nothing wrong with a Hitler analogy when they actually fit. Most people who make them (especially those on the Left) don't know anything about Hitler and the Nazis. I actually do, so I can make the analogies.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Given that you have volunteered yourself as a self-styled expert witness on the topic, we the people call on you to teach progressives the difference between fascist and nazi. They keep mixing the terms. This lack of accuracy is disturbing and needs to be fixed. Time to not just talk but walk.

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I wouldn't call myself an expert by any means. I've just read some pretty authoritative books on the subject. I've tried to argue with leftists. They don't listen and don't care to be right on the issue. It's a political cudgel for them, not a serious descriptor.

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This could be one of your life's great accomplishments. We all wish you the best of luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5X increase in crude oil production in Texas in a decade
    From 1M bpd to 5.3M bpd
    Pretty remarkable
    Is #ThanksObama appropriate for this? Asking for a friend
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

S&P 500 and Nasdaq have best year since 2013

[​IMG]

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Carpe Donktum is doing a year in review

need vol for this one

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  30. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Deez would have an easier time wrestling a bear.

• Like Like x 1