The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This will frustrate them, and from David Brooks (of all people) --

[​IMG]

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The most liked tweet in Persian/Farsi in the entire history of Twitter

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

"President Donald Trump’s approval rating has ticked up substantially since he launched a targeted strike, killing Iranian general Qassem Soleimani and striking a significant blow against Iranian involvement in destabilizing the fledgling Iraqi government.

Real Clear Politics reports that Trump’s overall approval rating, culled from several separate polls, has risen sharply over the last several weeks and ticked up significantly after the United States killed Soleimani — a move that leftists derided as overly aggressive and indicative of a potential “World War III.”
    Trump’s approval rating is flying in the face of predictions. Last week, CNN suggested that Trump would not see a polling “bump” in the wake of Soleimani’s death because Trump was too divisive a figure in American politics: “Trump’s extremely steady approval rating and a growing partisanship in the US may prove stronger than that ‘rally around the flag’ bump.” ...."

Trump Bump: President's Approval Rating Skyrockets After Soleimani Strike

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I really like Trump's series of tweets to the Persian people. I'm all for that kind of statement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Probably wont see this on CNN

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I say again
    poor lil Oububba
    Trump is there
    zerou is not

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Space Force

10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

?? Worse damage than reelecting Orange man?

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Unemployment Rate average of 3.7% is the best annual number since the 3.5% of 1969. And is also the 4th best year in 72 years of records dating to 1947. For Trump's first 3 years in office, unemployment averaged 4%; which is lower than the average of --

5.46% for Obama's last 3 years.
    5.00% Bush's last 3 years.
    4.23% Clinton.
    6.63% Bush Sr.
    6.23% Reagan's last three.
    6.33% Carter.
    7.26% Ford (some of it Nixon

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

US Consumer Confidence continued its optimistic streak for the 40th month in a row in a national Jan. 3-11 survey.
    The IBD/TIPP Economic Optimism Index, a leading indicator for the health of consumer spending and the economy, rose to an eight-month high

13. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF
    But Trump is not moral or something.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Another all-time immoral high in the DOW - 29,126

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

More than a "little bit"

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Jim cramer says Trump's tariffs on China worked

I keep wondering when people are going to recognize that it is historic that tariffs did succeed,” Cramer said on “Squawk on the Street,” shortly before U.S. and Chinese officials were set to sign the initial trade agreement at the White House later in the morning.

Tariffs were not supposed to work,” said Cramer, who has all along been a supporter of President Donald Trump’s hard-line approach toward China.

The Chinese were supposed to be able to get around them. It didn’t happen,” the “Mad Money” host added. “The Chinese were kind of accepting that they had to get something in order to keep the American market.”

Cramer says 'tariffs worked,' Trump's strategy forced China to agree to a trade deal

• Like Like x 1
  17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

How sad that the hate for Trump means there is no coverage of the historic trade deal that is going to benefit millions and millions of Americans.

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The S&P is now basically 5x from the crisis low (666)

[​IMG]

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Senate adopted Trump's USMCA 89-10

Chuckles Schumer was a no:
    Despite the fact that it includes very good labor provisions, I am voting against USMCA because it does not address climate change, the greatest threat facing the planet. And besides that, I am a giant ashole and just cannot help myself.

The last sentence may have been added

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

1D37ADE5-E99E-416E-A5C6-D5A5637BD0A2.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  23. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Remember here on Hornfans when a few said Tariffs don’t work?

I guess China just voluntarily out of the goodness of their heart decided to sign a three stage agreement that benefits America greatly. They are very kind people over there to look out for us. :smile1::smokin:

• Like Like x 3
  24. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

I said they may work as leverage but they will hurt Americans in the meantime. I wasn't wrong.

The deal is a great, but I really don't care about the trade deficit, which is what this deal seems to focus on. I care about reducing barriers to trade, stable money, IP protection, and China ending subsidies. There is some good movement on those through this deal, but nothing certain. China has a way of saying one thing in agreements and then doing the opposite.

China-U.S. Trade Deal Phase One: Enforcement Could Be Problem | National Review

• Like Like x 1
  25. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Can you cite an example? I haven't noticed the prices at WalMart going up lately. Even if true, perhaps we Americans are willing to pay a little more for stuff in order to bring China to heel.

26. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

Read the article. It has hurt certain sections of the economy.

27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm less tariff-hostile than Monahorns is, but they do have downsides. They don't always make every product more expensive, but somebody usually loses in the equation at least at some point. In the case of these tariffs, farmers lost at least for a time. Might the nation be better off longer-term? Perhaps, but there were some shorter-term losers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

To hate the power wielded by our country and an absolute desire to neuter it for the sake of your own moral ethic requires the stipulation that the void created will be filled by good and not evil. It requires a belief that Russia and China are not giant, forceful rivers being held back by a dam but instead are ponds, land-locked by their own benevolence and desire to live in a world that shares and honors one another.

• Winner Winner x 1
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

And Iran. And North Korea.

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I've been reading on foreign policy for 29 years now, and this might be the most ridiculous article on it I have ever seen. It's hard to be this wrong about anything.

• Like Like x 1