The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

That can't be true because the Dem pundits on Fox news who always seem to be on their air say most people want Trump removed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. horninchicago

Maybe this has been posted elsewhere, but I saw a FB meme questioning how 4 Dem candidates for President can vote to remove their opponent. The implication is the irony that want to impeach because Trump supposedly wanted Biden investigated to prevent him from being his opponent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I brought it up to Bubba in the Impeachment thread. I asked him if all 4 should step down from this trial due to the fact that Trump is their political opponent. He didn't answer me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Surely someone in Senate will bring this up?

6. horninchicago

You would have thought they would have disqualified themselves since they are so concerned about appearances of conflict of interest. <sarc>

Seriously, how it is even allowed for these people to vote to remove or not is just adding to what a joke all of this really is.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 3
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2020
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

New CBO report says economic growth spurred by tax cuts will reduce the deficit over 10 years by $700m. Don’t have link yet.

11. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Well, that's a nice (if small) start.

12. humahuma

humahuma 1,000+ Posts

I asked him if all 4 should step down from this trial due to the fact that Trump is their political opponent.

I was also thinking the same thing, the senators should recuse themselves. Also should it be brought up in the trail?

Trump defense shouldn’t because you risk alienating all senators by questioning the integrity of the 4. House managers, no way they are going to point that out, they are trying to pull the biggest snow job on the American people.

13. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I just had 2 people walk in with clip boards into my business soliciting/looking for people that’s Democrat to register them so they can vote. I had to ask them to leave.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I hope you were not particularly polite about it.

15. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Dems don’t play fair. If I rubbed them wrong in any way they will be protesting out front of my business and intimidating my customers. This is the America we live in now. Bully tactics and all.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The latest Atl Fed GDP predictor is out -- they see 2.7% for the 1st Q of 2020

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Poor Frank Clark is going to catch so much crap

• Like Like x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Chinese supervirus doing what the Democrats tried but failed to do
    [​IMG]

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like Trump took out another terrorist leader -- the head of Al Qaeda in Yemen. He had repeatedly threatened to attack American soil. He was involved with the 2008 attack on the US Embassy in Yemen and planning for the 2009 plot down a US airliner.

US airstrike targets Yemen’s al Qaeda chief

• Like Like x 2
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Example No. 3 trillion and one
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump expanded the travel ban today by 6
    Burma, Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Nigeria, Sudan, Tanzania

[​IMG]

22. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

Not sure how you can reduce the deficit when your spending keeps adding to it?

These reports are useless and have very little truth to them. Until we have a balanced budget or budget surplus then the debt will continue to pile up.

23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You can’t. But the higher growth economy is project to pay for the tax cuts over 10 years.

24. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

I don't understand why we trust the news on war. The media get their information from the military. You know the Deep State? The Swamp? They have lied about just about every war. Did you read the documents about Afghanistan? It is a total cluster-eff. But now we should believe that the military has a totally cogent and specific strategy for Yemen? In that country we are literally helping Saudi Arabia to starve civilians. This Al Qaeda guy may be bad. I don't know. Let's try not killing innocent civilians in his country and then see how many people want to attack America. But until then, we are waging war in THEIR country.

Do we expect they are okay with that? Do we expect that they don't want to hurt America back? If another country's army was killing people in the US, I would be calling for death to them too. Wouldn't you?

25. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Trump has never even claimed he wants to balance the budget. It won't happen while he is in office.

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You would think Krugman would love Trump.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Krugman. Ha. Proof that credentials are worthless.

• Winner Winner x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Somebody has to care for it to happen. The Left will hate Trump no matter what he does, so they don't care. So long as the Left hates him, the Right will love him no matter what he does, so they don't care either.

Before the Trump supporters start yelling, "we care about the deficit!!," you only care about something if it can actually impact how you vote. If you're going to vote for Trump (or against Trump) regardless of the deficit, then you don't care about the deficit.

29. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

Hillary Voter Explains Why She Walked Away From the Democrats - YouTube

I think there is more of this happening than everyone realizes. I personally knew back in 2016 the Democrats were in trouble when my Dad (who was a hardcore Dem) called me to say he’s voting for Trump. He voted for Obama in 2008 and then was so mad at him that he didn’t even vote in 2012. First time in his life he didn’t vote. We didn’t even speak politics because we didn’t want to harm our relationship. I remember as a kid playing with my cousins in the living room and hearing my dad and uncle in the dinning room arguing over who Ronald Reagan as president. My uncle would bash Jimmy Carter and my Dad defended him. So I knew in 2016 the Dems were in trouble when they lost my dad’s vote. I just never thought he’d vote for a Republican in his lifetime.

• Hot Hot x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Gallup = Trump’s job approval just hit 49%, highest yet in his term.

63% approval of his handling of economy, highest in nearly 20 years.

Independent support up big as well. Impeachment has been a disaster, big help to the Trump

Trump Job Approval at Personal Best 49%