The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

CBS has inadvertently admitted that Trump was right. They did not cover 24% of 78 listed Islamist Terror attacks

"The White House prefaced its Monday evening release with a statement saying that, since the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) declared its caliphate in 2014, “There has been a major attack targeting the West executed or inspired by the group more than once every two weeks.”

“Most have not received the media attention they deserved,” the White House added, although many of the attacks were covered by the media.

CBS News covered, in some cases heavily but at least to some extent, more than 74 percent of the attacks on the list.'

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-h...-didnt-receive-media-attention-they-deserved/

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Miami Herald obtained a DHS study of crime by immigrants convicted and not deported -- it concluded that at least 121 homicides “could have been avoided” between 2010 and 2014

".... comprehensive information from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) about the number of immigrant convicts in the United States, their whereabouts, whether immigration authorities have succeeded in deporting them and whether they committed additional crimes after being released.

A committee letter sent to the Department of Justice and the Departments of State and Homeland Security nearly two years ago said that at least 121 homicides “could have been avoided” between 2010 and 2014 had Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), under the prior Obama administration, deported immigrant convicts instead of releasing them.

“This disturbing fact follows ICE’s admission that, of the 36,007 criminal aliens it released from ICE custody in Fiscal Year 2013, 1,000 have been re-convicted of additional crimes in the short time since their release,” according to the letter, dated June 12, 2015.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/immigration/article131227599.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump speaking to troops at McDill on Tuesday
    Multiple enthusiastic responses

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Politco polling on Trump's EOs

Temporary Visa suspension: 55% approve / 38% disapprove

Cut Regulations: 47% app / 33% disapprove

[​IMG]

5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Senator Cotton has put forth an immigration bill today
    Aimed primarily at ending chain immigration
    This bill is in-line with the Jordan Commission findings on immigration reduction

"... For several decades, immigrants no longer have been limited to bringing in a spouse and minor children. Chain Migration categories allow each immigrant (once a citizen) to petition for adult brothers and sisters, for adult sons and daughters, and for parents. Each of them can in turn do the same along with bringing their own spouses who can start whole new chains in their own families, and so forth in a never-ending pattern.

Sen. Cotton would stop all of that immigration which adds millions of workers each decade without any regard to their skills or how they would affect Americans competing in the same occupations."

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some 'Progressive' advice
    He whose name shall not be spoken
    Where have we heard this before?

[​IMG]

7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

How bout them apples?

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It's like he is reading the West Mall for tweet ideas

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So, that is now two cities .....

Dayton, Ohio, has officially dropped its sanctuary policy

13. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I said many times during the primaries that DT was the only one who could read a damn poll. Any kind of support for illegal immigration has never polled well with the general public, but you would not know it by the GOPs stance on the issue.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

These guys just dont get it.

We have a local radio show where Kevin Brady appears and takes calls every couple months. Brady reps The Woodlands and a chunk of Southeast Texas. He came in as part of the Tea Party Movement. But once in, he become just another House member. By all appearances, in exchange for towing the line with leadership, he got a spot on Ways & Means (which is big time in House terms) and chairs its Health Subcommittee.

The callers from his district take him apart for it too, every time. It can be brutal. I guess he deserves some credit for taking the calls in such a public way when he knows what is coming.

I dont know what we are supposed to do about these people except for running someone against them in the primary. But this takes time, money and alot of luck finding someone bright who is willing to do it. It is not easy finding finding these folks. I think alot of House people are not very bright, and some are lazy.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump golf alert
    This should set off the Facebook crowd
    Trump and Abe at Mar-a-Lago (Palm Beach) on Saturday

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Tired yet?

18. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

For those keeping track, that's at least his second or third round of golf in the 3 weeks he's been in office.

19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I didn't care when Obama played golf, Ave I don't care when Trump plays golf.

20. Seattle Husker

Neither do I but it's funny none-the-less to point out the hypocrisy.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Perfectly fair point to make. I just wanted my own consistency noted. Lol

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sounds like someone is
    lol

23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

No hypocrisy. A round of golf is deserved if you worked all week on behalf of the American worker. Don't believe Obama ever met that standard.

• Like Like x 2
  24. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Exactly.

25. Seattle Husker

LOL! Trump has earned his golf outing while Obama is simply lazy. That's the angle? Keep in mind one of your cohorts attempted to claim that Trump would be too busy and too focused to golf.

26. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

Actually, I do care. A person who works too hard without some R and R can't work at his peak. If playing golf is what Trump needs to do to keep balance in his life, then by all means he should play golf.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What reason do you have to believe that Obama's work ethic was poor?

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Deez, I get the rare honor of calling on you to improve your reading comprehension. I didn't question his work ethic, but instead where his work effort was directed. Here's a hint: it wasn't towards helping the American worker. For goodness sake, he couldn't approve a pipeline in 8 years!

29. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I don't know the hours that Obama worked, but I do know Trump has worked in the oval office in the eastern time zone when I was already a sleep in the central time zone several times in the past 3 weeks.

I do think Obama had the reputation in the publics eye of being lazy. I think Trump is known for his hard work without question.

30. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Who gets to be the arbiter of what "on behalf of the American worker" means?

• Like Like x 1