The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

FBI has become politicized, corrupt and way outside their swim lane since F Obama took office.

Complicit while bogus investigation while alledging false Trump Russian collusion for 4 freaking years and nothing was ever proven.

Interesting this "investigation" statement regarding Jan. 6 was released late on a Friday during Biden Afhanistan **** storm... anyone else notice this BS!?

FBI: Hey media, American people don't notice this or ask us any questions. Move along, nothing to see here! :angry:

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It sorta depends on what we mean by "insurrection" or "coup." Does that require coordination and premeditation, or is a bunch of riled-up ****-kickers storming the Capitol to try to stop the counting of the electoral votes enough?

3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I don't know of any insurrection that was done at the spur of the moment. Disrupting the counting of the votes is hardly an insurrection/coup.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Just say it was corrupt, I will do the rest.

5. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

What will you do? I think all rioters should be punished but anybody who thinks what happened on Jan 6th is worse than what BLM/Antifa have been doing hasn't been paying attention.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  6. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

When a Sooner says, "I'll do the rest," that doesn't foster much confidence.

7. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What makes something a coup or an insurrection? Are they the same things?

8. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

There will be Switzering involved.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Irrelevant. You are looking for an absolutist position in the matter when all you need is a relative position, such as when Dems leave the state to stop the legislature, or the teacher’s union protest at the Wisconsin capitol, or the protest and rioting at Trump’s inauguration, or (the list is endless). sometimes I wonder if you have a brain. :tap:

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Oh, excuse me for caring what words mean. Sorry to bring things like language into the discussion.

11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Don’t we have a board for that? I think it’s called Safire the Cannon. :smokin:

12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Okay I play. Coup can be political or military. An insurrection requires a military or armed force of some kind.

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That's my point. How we define the terms makes a difference. Webster defines an insurrection as "an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government." It doesn't require military or an armed force. Basically, if people get physical and revolt against the government, it can be an insurrection. That would apply to the January 6 rioters as well as the BLM rioters during the summer.

That's a separate issue, and I've stated this from the beginning. There is no basis to charge Trump criminally on any of this. What someone does can be bad and damaging without being illegal.

15. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Definitions are useless without context. That’s my point.

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

What context am I leaving out that you think is so important?

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

That you couch your argument on definitions, e.g., “Webster defines an insurrection as "an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government." Definitions are a useless construct in a political debate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think when you publicly pressure your VP and fire up your goons to go change his mind you’re flirting with these things. Mother scratcher should have read Washington’s address back in November and the gop would still have the senate.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  19. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Meth is a terrible drug.

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

They are a construct, but not only are they useful, they are essential to communication or debate. You can do neither without them.

The funny thing here is that I haven't really even made an argument yet. You're just trying to preemptively shut it down by saying the meanings of words don't matter. It's comical in a way. I don't think I've ever seen anyone dumb himself down harder just to short circuit an argument. And you're competing with Switzer.

21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

What’s the definition of racist in context of politics?

22. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Have I called you a racist?

23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Define racist.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Why?

25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

To prove the utility of definitions in a political context.

26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Define revolt.

27. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think beating the Capitol police with US flags, trying to impale them with fencing materials, etc. would meet the standard.

28. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

So they were revolting against the capitol police (civil authority) and not the government?

29. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Defining a word that isn't relevant to the discussion doesn't prove anything. Furthermore, the fact that the Left screws with the definition of a term for political purposes doesn't mean we do the same thing. Personally, I'm better than that, and I assumed that you are better than that. But apparently I was wrong.

30. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I thought you were smarter than that. The civil authority was protecting the government that was being assaulted. But, you knew that. checks notes. [am I doing the cool trick right?]