The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Obama also pledged to ban his folks from lobbying for 5 years
    But then he broke this promise in the blink of an eye
    And, of course, the corrupt US media never called him on it

Will be interesting to see if Trump is able to stick with it this time

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

One more difference here from Obama
    Trump didnt bow
    Sick of Obama's bowing

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  6. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Clearly they've made that decision in the last week.

7. Seattle Husker

There is an existing Presidential order in place for a 2-yr ban for registered lobbyists. He didn't break the promise. The challenge is and will continue to be the definition of "lobbyist" as like water these individuals will continue to leave government and work for private companies based primarily on their contacts/influence even without the formal role of being a registered lobbyist.

8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Obama installed had a revolving door for them
    His claims to the contrary were just more hooey

Time for you to face the facts - Obama was just another liar in office

9. Seattle Husker

Has Obama made any claims on this topic? The only fact I know is that he signed an executive order for the 2-yr ban that has not been rescinded. Enforcement will be the challenge just as I suspect it was within the Obama administration. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the first individual that moves from the Heritage Foundation, into the Trump admin then back to the Heritage Foundation.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Russert sort of shoves it right in his face at the outset

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

What's the difference between Bigfoot and Obama's failed legacy?

After 100 days of Trump, Bigfoot may still exist.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Was not the problem that BO said he would ban lobbyists from being in his admin?
    Then went out and hired a Slew of them?
    Oh wait I know, it depends on what is is:rolleyes1:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 81% of Likely U.S. Voters favor a plan that calls for mandatory deportation of illegal immigrants who have been convicted of a felony in this country.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...s_law_sentencing_for_illegal_immigrant_felons

And 65% support a 5yr mandatory prison sentence for Illegal Immigrants convicted of major felonies who return to US ...

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Reuters -- Trump says he will issue executive action on first day in office withdrawing US from Trans-Pacific Partnership

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump bypasses the media filter -- speaks directly to the people

• Like Like x 3
  17. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Husker.IIRC BO said he would not hire any lobbyists INTO his admin and them promptly hired dozens.
    Perhaps I am wrong? Is so please let me know

18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Holey Moley JF
    Is this the first of 2016 forward fireside Chats?
    Trump was not in my top 6
    But he is doing amazing things
    Thanks for that vid

19. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

What a meanie. Where is my safe place?

Edit: Even though he emphasized making America great for EVERYONE multiple times, the rhetoric will likely still be that of fear mongering from the media and the left. I hope I am wrong. Repeat, for those who don't hear things the first time, I hope I am wrong.

• Like Like x 3
  20. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

I like it.

Keep your promises, stay in your lane Donald, listen to Mike Pence, get along with Bernie, and try to hold back on Twitter. You do that, and you'll be fine.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  21. Hollandtx

Hollandtx 250+ Posts

Right now, the Left is in a dither since Melania and Barron will stay in NY and not move in to the White House.
    I must admit it seems like it will be a major inconvenience for people who live there, and will be costly.
    This video will probably be seen as Orwellian...>whispers< "it kind of is. Where was this broadcast from?"
    Can you imagine the freak out if this was played over speakers in stores, parking lots, etc.?

• Like Like x 1
  22. texas_ex2000

I heard they'll move to the White House in June after the end of the school year.

23. Seattle Husker

Yes, he did promise to curb the influence of lobbyists. Per this Washington Post story in 2015 the track record is mixed. Here is another from Politico in which they state that the teeth and fervor of the enforcement of the 2-yr ban weakened over time.

Incidentally, like much of Trump's rhetoric, his actions aren't necessarily matching his words. Here is some insight into lobbyist influence in his transition team.

I'll be curious if the 5yr ban that Trump is advocating (Obama had a 2yr ban) will have a similar "waiver" loophole that Obama had. Since Trump hasn't given any detail on whether that 5yr ban is after or before participating in the admin we don't yet know how much teeth his rule will have. Keep in mind that the Heritage Foundation has a central role in Trumps transition and they are by their nature a lobbyist organization.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

26. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

JF
    How long before Dems criticize even that action?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump Stock Rally Breaks All Time Record

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I have mixed feelings

It's easy to see from Trump's standpoint, though. He wants to go forward, not backwards. He wants to get on with the important stuff.

For me, I think she is a criminal, and her family and Foundation are a criminal operation. So, I hate the idea of the rich and powerful getting away with it (again). The saving grace here being that we are at least finally done with the Clintons as a political dynasty -- something I am thankful for as we head into Thanksgiving.

Also, I dont know how the Congress will react. There are still several open hearings. With most things, they would follow the lead of the new head of their Party. But maybe the Clintons are different? We will just have to wait and see what they do. Perhaps Trump will not try and influence them at all on this, just let them do what they were going to do anyway?

Lastly, maybe Trump has some information on her health that the rest of us do not? In this light, perhaps he was simply showing mercy?

29. texas_ex2000

I think this is a mistake and don't like it at all. There wasn't anything figurative, like build The Wall, or a malleable position like immigration vetting in this promise. This was a very clear unmistakeable promise into appointing a special prosecutor so that the Law is equal for everyone.

I think Morning Joe is getting bad info and Kellyanne confirms that. It really doesn't make sense for Trump to have decided this so early. He could have made a definitive decision next summer after the Foundation investigation is done. And there's the possibility that Obama would have pardoned her.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I guess thats another possible, that he is rope-a-doping BHO on the pardon decision

• Like Like x 1