The First 100 days

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by theiioftx, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

In other words, he wasn't working on the issues you felt important. "American worker" is a pretty broad term. He saved the auto industry. Though they may not have voted for HRC, many in that industry can thank the Obama admin for their current jobs. That's simply one example.

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Selling GM to the competition would have achieved the same.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Now that Sessions is in, immigration action will pick up quickly
    Starting with the deportation of criminal aliens
    There has already been one Soros-organized protest of one of these
    Apparently Soros already has provided funding for a continuous stream of protests of deportations

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

You can't make this stuff up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Seattle Husker

California gets back $0.71 in federal monies for every $1 they send to D.C. If any state has the moral high ground to ask for something in return, they do.

6. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

Or maybe they should be asking to send less money to the fed's to begin with. That is, in a nutshell, what most advocates of smaller federal, see as the problem. We send you $1.00 and get back $0.71, and you(fed govt) use the flow of funds to control us more each year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. Seattle Husker

I'd rather simply use the additional money to pay down the debt but I get your point. The challenge is that the smaller more rural states are predominantly the net beneficiaries of this federal spending approach. While "wealthy" states like CA and TX give a lot to the feds, states like Mississippi, Alabama, Wyoming and others get a lot more than they pay in.

9. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

I agree bystander. Raises a bit of ire w me too.

10. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

I thought the shifting moral high ground of liberals was in favor of equal outcomes and against income disparity. That doesn't reconcile with wanting to keep what you earned. Shame on you, liberal!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Seattle Husker

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Woman who grew up under the Nazis puts the modern discussion into perspective

What is going on in this country is giving me chills. Trump is not like Hitler. Just because a leader wants order doesn't mean they're like a dictator.

What reminds me more of Hitler than anything else isn't Trump, it's the destruction of freedom of speech on the college campuses — the agendas fueled by the professors.

That's how Hitler started, he pulled in the youth to miseducate them, to brainwash them, it's happening today."

"It saddens me that we are teaching garbage in the schools and in the college. We don't teach history anymore. History repeats itself over and over.

The kids out there today haven't ever lived through a war like I did. I remember sitting in a rock pile, cleaning rocks, to rebuild Germany. I remember eating maple leaves and grass to survive."
    The ship we took was the U.S.S. Washington. We arrived in New York in March of 1953. My mother, Meta Weinbach, and I still had the last name Muller.
    So we had a vetting process like what we are going through now because you have to have this to make the country safe."
    “America needs to grow up. The young people who are rioting and destroying property, who have no respect for elders and freedom of speech, I was so proud to become a citizen of this country.”

"Professors shouldn't be telling their students to go after freedom of speech. They should be telling them that this is the greatest country in the world.

The demonstrators can't tell you why they're demonstrating. I'm not a Republican. I'm not a Democrat. I just want the country to be at peace.

I see what is happening here reflecting some of the things we saw in Germany, and it's terrifying. It's sad. But it's not because of Trump. It's because of poor education.

Trump is not like Hitler. The theory that he is is propaganda. Yes, I lived through some of Nazi Germany, but all you have to do is read some books about that period to see how wrong that theory is."

http://ijr.com/2017/02/797086-youve...e-asked-a-woman-who-was-born-in-nazi-germany/

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Secretary Kell on ICE raids: "We can't ignore the law." We are "executing the law."

ICE rounded up over 100 illegal immigrants in Calif on Thurs over 3 counties.
    Protests began immediately in LA chanting "No hate, no fear, immigrants are welcome here!"
    ICE responded by saying the roundup was routine, and had nothing to do with any new Trump directive -- those arrested were "street gang members, child sex offenders, and deportable foreign nationals with significant drug trafficking convictions."

http://ktla.com/2017/02/09/protests...s-in-l-a-san-bernardino-and-ventura-counties/

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Democrats are upset their new base is being arrested and deported

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Civil servants at the EPA have threatened to "slow-walk" or even ignore orders if Pruitt "abandon EPA's role in the world"

[​IMG]

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  19. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

If it wasn't accomplishing what it intended the " reporting" being done by MSM on the arrests by ICE of illegal criminals would be amusing.
    reading AP NYT WAPO and LAT accounts of how horrible the latest arrests are show absolutely ZERO reports of ICE ripping innocent people from their loved one arms, or even any evidence that ICE is going after anyone but criminal illegals but MSM is using lots of scare phrases
    Yet phrases like;
    "attorneys have HEARD of raids( any proof?)
    just picking up kids from school ( no fact to support that )
    was sent pictures of ( where are the pics?)
    following school buses ( no fact to support that)
    4 of the illegls caught have children ( so we should no longer arrest law breakers if they have kids?)
    concerned that this ruling could expand" and the sky could fall

and this is a kicker
    "So they are looking for someone specific but they are also asking everyone for their ID's" :yikes: the horror We would not want ICE to make sure they were arresting the right illegal.
    There have been non convicted criminal illegals rounded up but that apparently was due to illegal using many aliases.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Donald Trump is such a terrifying fascist dictator that literally no one fears speaking out against him on literally any platform

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I guess Piers Morgan has been mixing it up with fellow Brit celeb JK Rowling

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

One of Trump's better qualities is that he is able to quickly change the media narrative on issues he cares about
    With regard to immigration, he single-handedly changed the conversation from "welcome all immigrants" to "welcome people who love the USA"
    Now, we don't just want "economic migrants" -- we also want them to share Western values and believe in the American way of life
    It is very interesting to watch this happen. I admit I did not think it was possible to do in the US as it exists today.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here are the 2016 Remittances from the US to date:

- Mexico $25B
    - China $16B
    - India $11B
    - Philippines $10B
    - Guatemala $7B
    - Nigeria $6B -
    - El Salvador $4B

24. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Sort of like how some individuals in the West Mall are now concerned about the president lying to us. :p

25. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

I'm glad you agree with the tea party that wants to lower the debt. Of course they want the Government to stop spending much more than they tax. Your answer I'm guessing is tax more and the Tea Party is for Government to cut spending. One day the libs will understand that raising taxes only makes the government want to spend more.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

subtle ....

[​IMG]

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

lol

28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Since Trump took office, 1278 human-traffickers have been arrested in the US.

Not a peep out of our lame media

[​IMG]

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Can Trump get away with this too?
    Start calling the Wall an "Aesthetic Perimeter?"
    Liberals get to change the meaning of words all the time, maybe we should start doing it too?

[​IMG]

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trump let Stephen Miller loose on the media today
    Here is his segment on ABC
    It's 18m, but worth a look